FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

Ok so the richer you are the better your team, like Man City....hmm maybe not.

I may give it a twirl just to see what it's like.

Having steered clear of it for a long time I finally gave FUT a go and holy pooh am I hooked!!! With the iPhone app it means I'm plotting & scheming at work with formations and squad development - seriously solid mode! And I've just been promoted to level 9 and obviously have zero plans for spending any if my own $$$ on this / just using money won through comps to develop a kick ass Everton team (currently 100% chemistry :)).

Yeah, you may be right. I think what annoyed me the most with the PS3-game was the speed of the matches, far too fast in my opinion, and the fact that all passes just seems to be floating over the pitch, but when I saw one of the PS4-gameplay videos, I thought the game speed looked very good, and the passing looked sweet as well. Also, camera angles in the PS3-game was really shit, but that's supposedly been reworked for the PS4-version as well.

I'd also like to know which stadiums will be in it. :)

I think the best way for you to form an opinion is to try to play the game yourself on a PS4 after it´s launched. The videos usually can´t be trusted because it depends on the quality that it was recordered, where it was published etc, it´s never the same experience that you have playing for yourself. Also the EA demos are useless because they have only 3 minutes halves games and is just impossible to judge properly any gameplay in that short time.

Having steered clear of it for a long time I finally gave FUT a go and holy pooh am I hooked!!! With the iPhone app it means I'm plotting & scheming at work with formations and squad development - seriously solid mode! And I've just been promoted to level 9 and obviously have zero plans for spending any if my own $$$ on this / just using money won through comps to develop a kick ass Everton team (currently 100% chemistry :)).

Weeks to the dark side! It's totally addictive isn't and yep agree the iPhone app is a great addition. Excellent to to some trading of players, sort your team out, get contracts applied and stuff - save it and when you get home, it's all ready to go. Very good from EA.

Be good if you could do custom leagues for UT. I.e could do an Evo Web league where we add all our GTs and play each other and it's all tracked.

I think the best way for you to form an opinion is to try to play the game yourself on a PS4 after it´s launched. The videos usually can´t be trusted because it depends on the quality that it was recordered, where it was published etc, it´s never the same experience that you have playing for yourself. Also the EA demos are useless because they have only 3 minutes halves games and is just impossible to judge properly any gameplay in that short time.

Yeah, obviously. Most of the videos I've seen have been filmed with crappy cameras, and aren't of great quality as such, but the difference in game graphics and fluidity can still be seen quite vividly.

But yeah, I'm definitely going to try it out before buying it. :)

I thought he ps4 version had 10x more animations on this new ignite engine?

Yeah, which is why it probably looks so much more fluid on the PS4. :) The animations on the PS3 are quite "choppy" or too quick at times.

One of reasons I love FIFA this year:

Part 1

YouTube - FIFA 14 PC - Chelsea vs Cardiff City - Part 1 - HD

Part 2

YouTube - FIFA 14 PC - Chelsea vs Cardiff City - Part 2 - HD

Seriously, this plays some nice stuff. Player awareness and player runs are spot on. Started to use LT way more to hold up ball and wait for player run ;).

And ONE thing EA nailed again. GOALKEEPERS! Och and long range shoots feel sooooo gooooooood :D.

Woooow, man. That is one seriously fine match of football! Well done! What settings were you using on this one? I'm seriously considering re-buying Fifa just to try out with these settings, the game looks fantastic. Perfect pace, passing looks good, camera angle is GREAT (best I've seen for Fifa 14 so far).

You need to share those settings, mate. ;)

Basically vanilla game for most part, but with, I will say this again, best patch possible for FIFA which gets updated very fast ;).

It's Moddingway 0.5 All-In-One installation + 0.6 Update applied. Nothing more.

From Selector Database 2.0 was selected + other junk you may want to tinker with if you want to (Frenkie turfs for example or different scoreboards).

Camera is defaulted to demo version of Tele Broadcast (Z:10, H:10).

Sliders: Default, bar changing speed of power bar filling up for user (to 57 or so).

Just had most amazing FIFA experience. Decided to play Barcelona vs Real Madrid and... Got totally destroyed on possession (expected :P), shots (again expected :D), having to play on fast counter and pray for success.

Well, yeah, it did happen. One lucky moment of Bale brilliance outpacing Alves on wing. Leading to 1-on-1 with Valdes, took ball round him and tapped in home. 0-1 for RM :).

Then Barcelona attacks went on craziest scale I have ever seen on ANY FIFA.

They had 22 shots... 14 on target, vs my measly 4 and 2... :x

Still won 0-1 :D.

The joys of football I guess :SHOCK:. Och yeah, came with nice after effect. Can't play more games, because my hands are still shaking like crazy from excitement :LOL:. Great. :(

i admit possesion is much more realistic in fifa comparing to pes 2014. i can easly have far more possesion on top player with small club against big club in pes 2014, while in fifa 14 it's far more closer to real life.

Anyone noticed these leagues appear in FUT right now if you use the search menu?

- Turkish League
- Greek League
- South African League
- Ukranian League
- Argentina Nacional B
- Brazil Serie B

WLYoVHD.png

Well, I'm enjoying the game a lot more now with the edited sliders! But! That bloody Alan MacAnelly or whatever his name is and his goal updates are doing my head in. How do I turn him off?

Edit; Nevermind, figured it out, thankfully. :p

Last edited:

Well, I'm enjoying the game a lot more now with the edited sliders! But! That bloody Alan MacAnelly or whatever his name is and his goal updates are doing my head in. How do I turn him off?

Edit; Nevermind, figured it out, thankfully. :p

I had to go one further and disable commentary altogether, playing as Exeter City I hear them repeat the same Matt Oakley retirement speech 3-4 times a game, it got well beyond annoying.

I play as Southampton and they repeat the same story every match (financial problems, Portsmouth relegation etc).
Bsmaff, instead of disabling the commentary, you should maybe DL and use spanish, portuguese etc. If you are on pc, of course.

Guess I'm lucky I don't support a team that has a repeated story!

The retirement stuff is annoying but far, far worse is the amateurish programming that has something like 20% of 29 year olds retiring which is an absolute farce, has anyone seen if this is being addressed in an update? At minimum it better be fixed in next gen, if next gen is released with the exact same amateurish bugs in CM then it's an insult to all of us with more money than sense early adopting next gen ;)

Wait, you actually waited for bug-free FIFA knowing that NG version is around the corner?

How would you force someone to buy game twice? Yup, fix existing bugs with NG version. Hate them as much as you like, but EA will achieve their goals. One way or another :(.

They did the same before with transition from PS2->X360.

Wait, you actually waited for bug-free FIFA knowing that NG version is around the corner?

How would you force someone to buy game twice? Yup, fix existing bugs with NG version. Hate them as much as you like, but EA will achieve their goals. One way or another :(.

They did the same before with transition from PS2->X360.

Surely they'll also fix the same bugs with the CG version? Then again, this is the sort of thing you'd expect EA to pull.

Well that's strange. 2 major bugs in my 1st season career, both against Tottenham. The only way ive been able to progress my career is to sim both games. On the 2nd match vs Spurs when I simmed I noticed that the entire Spurs lineup was completely blank. Obviously explains why the game was crashing. Strange bug this one, anyone else had anything similar?

On PC when you have Moddingway patch the game "may" crash at random due to high amount of players in database loaded all at once. However, after reloading the save game all works fine again.

Might just be my end though.

Yeah sorry forgot to mention Im on 360. Just seems weird how Tottenham become corrupt in my career, hopefully all will be back to normal in my 2nd season.

edit: Not gonna hold my breath though ;-)

Last edited:

having such a frustrating time with the AI started to notice they always try to walk the ball in the net!

I played against atletico madrid and their players would go one on one but instead of shooting they will pass it square ect basically until they get to the 6 yard box they wont shoot at goal.After the match I looked at the stats and where they shot from and all 12 shots were in the 6 yard box....

is there anyway in fixing this?

Maybe I´m blind, but how can I play with national teams in Fifa 14? I´ve played against national teams in season mode, but I can´t select any.

P.S. Placebo, sorry for the new thread, I wasn´t able to think clearly, because I was in a hurry to go to a friend to watch Arsenal vs Dortmund.

having such a frustrating time with the AI started to notice they always try to walk the ball in the net!

I played against atletico madrid and their players would go one on one but instead of shooting they will pass it square ect basically until they get to the 6 yard box they wont shoot at goal.After the match I looked at the stats and where they shot from and all 12 shots were in the 6 yard box....

is there anyway in fixing this?

Editing database tables and CTTs for teams (what moddingway did last year :P).

Unlucky are those, who play on consoles. Tough luck then ;).

Maybe I´m blind, but how can I play with national teams in Fifa 14? I´ve played against national teams in season mode, but I can´t select any.

P.S. Placebo, sorry for the new thread, I wasn´t able to think clearly, because I was in a hurry to go to a friend to watch Arsenal vs Dortmund.

Just search through the teams when in the team selection and they are there, I haven looked in FIFA 14 because I don't play with nationals usually but that is where they were before?

Here are 2 more, taken from Career Mode:

Part 1

YouTube - FIFA 14 PC - Arsenal - Napoli UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 - part 1 HD

Part 2

YouTube - FIFA 14 PC - Arsenal - Napoli UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 - part 2 HD

Must say it was entertaining game... Both teams with cagey start, but the game started to get better with time.

My first loss of the season on 3rd game :LOL:.

the fouls that were called were not even fouls, two hand ball penalties in the second half? The game seemend very clunky and pressure constantly from both teams, no passing back or build up.. I was interested in getting fifa but now i have my doubts... It could be the way you play not really sure

If I allowed AI to play without pressuring them, I would get raped, believe me :D.

Fouls which were called actually added FOULING to game. Sorry, but PES doesn't even offer that, which means there are no freekicks at all. Here at least they give out fouls (which don't really look like ones :P).

As for penalties, the one I have got, even if not entirely legit, was saved. Justice prevails :P.

Arsenal got penalty and converted it. Tough luck :(.

Also I'm playing with edited game, but on default sliders and normal speed.

Quite hectic ride, but very enjoyable one! Can't say I was impressed by demo, but full game is quite different beast to handle ;).

Back
Top Bottom