FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

Can't blame them though. Look at comments below those previews. They hyped people enough for them to pre-order NG console and FIFA for it.

Clever marketing.

I'm on PC though and I won't buy any console in near future.

Have to say I am impressed with my first half as LFC v Palace on my first game!

First attack Sturridge did an amazing diving/glancing header and really twisted his neck to get it but it just went wide.

Gerrards just gone up for a header and landed awkward and now I have to sub him...

I really love the action in and around the box in this game, feels very alive and varied, and a big contrast to PES this year. But if you play with quick wingers and wing-backs and play a quite wide formation, it's too easy to get around on the sides to either swing in crosses or cut inside. You get around a bit too easy.

Also, has anyone else noticed that there often is a ridiculous amount of extra time? In 4 matches now I've scored and conceded probably something like 9 goals in extra time (5 only in the last game, two in the first half, three in the second).

It's still a bit too arcadey for me, although I do enjoy it now. Need to find a balance to it somehow. Starting with all manual is probably a good start. :)

Yes, too much extra time is unusual. At least ai does not cheat with extreme pressure in last minutes of the game like 12/13.

Btw, can two tactics be used at the same time? High pressure + team press?

Last edited:
Last edited:

I know, I've been reading several previews today and it's all sounding too good to be true.

It isn't too good to be true, the next gen version of FIFA is FAR superior to the current gen version.

I played it at Eurogamer Expo and it felt like a completely new game.

It isn't too good to be true, the next gen version of FIFA is FAR superior to the current gen version.

I played it at Eurogamer Expo and it felt like a completely new game.

Mate, if you don't mind, can you tell us how was the player inertia/momentum for the next-gen?

Quick question. HOW DO I TURN THE IN GAME STATISTICS POP UP THAT IS SO FREAKING ANNOYING I WANNA BREAK MY TV? PLEASE HELP.

Sorry about the yelling. But when:
1. you have an "open" connection (16mbps) and get constant lag. 95% of opponents play on super double and triple press pressure cooker custom settings.

2. 95% of opponents (divisions 2 and 1 of FIWC) spam the fuck out of the through chip, they don't have a game in the final third besides launching the ball and watching Ronaldo/Bale run after it while the pass releases the intoxicating brain fart for the defenders who take a day or two to turn and run after the ball (regardless of how fast/slow they are).

3. 95% of opponents spam the shit out of the super sweeper keeper who cannot be sent off even if he brings you down and rarely misses the ball in 1-on-1s even if the attacker changes direction to overtake him.

4. 95% of opponents spam the shit out of sliding even if they catch you and slow you down it's no foul and if they mow you down it's a yellow at most (I haven't seen a single red card for sliding from behind/side after patch 1.02). The most annoying thing is when the attacker chooses to stumble or jump over them and loses the ball for play to commence as if nothing happened.

The last thing I want to see is the "stats" of the game pop up and cover 1/4 of my screen with me trying to beat the lag + super duper pressure. Please, how do I turn it off.

Then I may need to watch more of The Walking Dead to be able to deal with through chipping zombies who the game is rewarding by promoting to divisions 1 and 2.

I apologize for the rant. I had a rough day playing Madrid, Barca and Spain. If you are a zombie then my apology wasn't meant for you. Fuck you as a matter of fact.

It really is a shame that Asim didn't stick to trolling the PES community, reading his comments on FSB he is repeatedly condescending and passive aggressive to people, EA really are fantastic at embracing the most obnoxious, abrasive, ignorant people from the community aren't they.

It really is a shame that Asim didn't stick to trolling the PES community, reading his comments on FSB he is repeatedly condescending and passive aggressive to people, EA really are fantastic at embracing the most obnoxious, abrasive, ignorant people from the community aren't they.

Yeah, Asim sucks, and that site in general pretty much blows ever since the FIFA guys left for FUThead.

I got banned from posting comments there ever since I challenged one of the guys, who had yet to play the game yet or even see the game for himself first person, when he declared that PES 2014 would be a triumph and basically the best thing since sliced bread.

I read your comments and his replies. Sometimes I wonder about Asim's reading comprehension because he seems to infer things and interpret comments in strange ways. You'll be lucky if you're not banned too!

You shouldn't have asked about bugs in NG modes.I never heard of any testing for modes by community ppl at EA or Konami.They only test it at home (Preview code)when they get enough time to do so.

Asim is a good guy ,he might be a little sensitive but atleast he's openminded unlike Adam.Wenb attacked him when he said that PES2014 isn't totally new.That's why he didn't review PES2014.

About Wenb this site is totaly biased towards PES whether it's good or unplayable(2014).That's why it was never a fifa site even when FUThead guys were there.

You shouldn't have asked about bugs in NG modes.I never heard of any testing for modes by community ppl at EA or Konami.They only test it at home (Preview code)when they get enough time to do so.

Asim is a good guy ,he might be a little sensitive but atleast he's openminded unlike Adam.Wenb attacked him when he said that PES2014 isn't totally new.That's why he didn't review PES2014.

About Wenb this site is totaly biased towards PES whether it's good or unplayable(2014).That's why it was never a fifa site even when FUThead guys were there.

There's actually been a number of beta testers that have spoken out on the official forums this year, saying they brought up a lot of the known issues with EA but obviously the issues didn't get fixed.

You shouldn't have asked about bugs in NG modes.

Why not? It's a perfectly valid question! If I was sat down at a preview event with EA producers one of the first questions I'd ask would be "does all this extra NG power mean that some of the annoyances/glitches/bugs that the CG version shipped with will be gone?". It doesn't require them to test the modes themselves.

I'm about to spend £400 primarily to play next gen Fifa, I will ask anyone I can whether I have to expect Fifa14 NG's CM to have every 29 year old retiring, to have 3 matches in 3-5 days, if it will have pre-contracted players being bought by a 2nd club (add to that the rest of the lame bugs from CM and elsewhere in Fifa14).

I really cannot see why Asim or anyone else has any reason to get the hump when I ask that question, community sites are supposed to serve at the pleasure of the community, not to serve their own flaccid egos.

As Max said Futhead is far superior now, not least because Tom had the sense to leave FSB and move there.

That FUT site reviewer bloke should try and not swear when he's doing write ups, looks like he's writing for 12 year olds to snigger at him.

Normally they don't, I think perhaps in this instance they were frustrated that the short time they had to play the game under their own volition meant there was next to nothing they could really write of substance, so they went a bit sweary and flippant, which will work for some reader and for some it won't, I thought it was a bit silly but got some substance out of it and the comments Tom's replied with about bugs/lag are very useful to me personally.

Why not? It's a perfectly valid question! If I was sat down at a preview event with EA producers one of the first questions I'd ask would be "does all this extra NG power mean that some of the annoyances/glitches/bugs that the CG version shipped with will be gone?". It doesn't require them to test the modes themselves.

I'm about to spend £400 primarily to play next gen Fifa, I will ask anyone I can whether I have to expect Fifa14 NG's CM to have every 29 year old retiring, to have 3 matches in 3-5 days, if it will have pre-contracted players being bought by a 2nd club (add to that the rest of the lame bugs from CM and elsewhere in Fifa14).
You have the right,I won't deny that.That answer must come from EA them selves.They act as if every thing is perfect.

community sites are supposed to serve at the pleasure of the community, not to serve their own flaccid egos.
Sadly most of them do it for egos ,free copies and early access nothing more.

Yes another good question, limit is currently 42 which is stupid.
As for the team management aspect,it's time to ditch the old system and create new free modern system.That's what a new generation supposed to do.

I asked the same question on Futhead and Tom was kind enough both to answer from what he knew as well as to promise to try to pin them down more on what bugs/issues from CG will be fixed in NG, essentially the opposite response of Asim.

Imo don't expect too much. CM is probably the same in cg and ng (including the "features"). If they patch it in cg, they will patch it in ng.

if it will have pre-contracted players being bought by a 2nd club

Ahh, so is this confirmed as a bug, thought I was going mad. I was certain I had signed Keisuke Honda on a Bosman in January, along with Jeremy Menez then Menez arrived in the summer, I searched for Honda and he was at Fiorentina.

Fucking EA

No you will be paying his wages for the remainder of his contract and there's nothing you can do, even if you pay millions to cancel his contract he'll still be in your contract list and be paid by you.

BXbYTopIcAAFre8.jpg

Hope it has. NG trailer in under an hour.

Back
Top Bottom