FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

my sliders are actually a slight variation of orion's and for me they play very good regardless of team level.

imo sliders are a must to increase realism (especially the arcady default pace) and fine tune difficulty, which is even more necessary when you play with manual controls. i don't get all the purism, the game is anything but "spot on" out of the box.

I loved Orion's sliders with my Chelsea CM, but they're terrible when playing as Djurgardens (who are two stars) in my current CM - players feel like they're moving in quick sand and the CPU team can't score or even create decent chances. So no, I don't think sliders work equally well with different team levels.

But yeah, animation transitions are still too quick and pace in this game is a bit ridiculous, though IMO pace feels pretty good on default sliders when dribbling, but without the ball it's silly. I really like how players feel on default sliders when using just the analogue stick, but once you press that sprint button the game feels kinda gross. Holding down sprint when defending feels more like playing Grand Theft Auto than a football game!

Last edited:

well, i can't really say about orion's. mine shares a lot of things with it but it's a lot more open because of differences in line settings. i played the sweden vs germany and the leyton orient vs mk dons games of the week with them yesterday and i enjoyed both matches equally.

well, i can't really say about orion's. mine shares a lot of things with it but it's a lot more open because of differences in line settings. i played the sweden vs germany and the leyton orient vs mk dons games of the week with them yesterday and i enjoyed both matches equally.

Except that he has gamespeed on Normal and your's is Slow (I honestly don't know how you play on Slow plus lowered accel/sprint with 5 star teams let alone 2 star!), the difference between your's and Orion's are marginal. The problems I've found is that the passing error and shot error that you guys recommend equates to lower league teams not being able to attack realistically. Obviously this is up to all our own differences in defensive abilities, but for me these error sliders don't scale well to lower quality teams and gimp the CPU threat.

Except that he has gamespeed on Normal and your's is Slow (I honestly don't know how you play on Slow plus lowered accel/sprint with 5 star teams let alone 2 star!), the difference between your's and Orion's are marginal. The problems I've found is that the passing error and shot error that you guys recommend equates to lower league teams not being able to attack realistically. Obviously this is up to all our own differences in defensive abilities, but for me these error sliders don't scale well to lower quality teams and gimp the CPU threat.

It sounds like your issues have to do with pace of play and CPU attack. The focus is accurate, so you should consider increasing pass speed - that brings everything together despite settings being on slow or normal - or whatever speed and accel are at. The benefit as well is that lower league players will not be able to control the ball as good to the top tier with such a high pass speed. In addition, the CPU will not be "nerfed" in their attacking because the passes will be crisp and possession will be determined how it should - which is by player ratings.

It sounds like your issues have to do with pace of play and CPU attack. The focus is accurate, so you should consider increasing pass speed - that brings everything together despite settings being on slow or normal - or whatever speed and accel are at. The benefit as well is that lower league players will not be able to control the ball as good to the top tier with such a high pass speed. In addition, the CPU will not be "nerfed" in their attacking because the passes will be crisp and possession will be determined how it should - which is by player ratings.

I'm not sure what you're point is or what you're saying really. I understand that tweaking sliders is needed when going from top teams to lower league teams... that was kinda my point.

this game is

tumblr_m2cm7zgezR1r8zpke.gif

its plain and simple, maybe not realistic but im loving the heck out of it, like a revamp of PES6, footy game never felt so much fun since then, and woahhh regulary updated rosters and skills?! gotta be kidding me, the few missing licences are the only one that bothers me(im on PS3)

I'm not sure what you're point is or what you're saying really. I understand that tweaking sliders is needed when going from top teams to lower league teams... that was kinda my point.

What was hard to understand? I was trying to help you. Try increasing pass speed - it will be realistic for the top tier teams, and will also be realistic for the lower levels - so you don't have to adjust sliders to match the teams you're using.

What was hard to understand? I was trying to help you. Try increasing pass speed - it will be realistic for the top tier teams, and will also be realistic for the lower levels - so you don't have to adjust sliders to match the teams you're using.

Well that's very kind of you, thank you, but I wasn't really asking for help. I'm pretty happy with the way things are playing for me right now. I was just pointing out that sometimes adjusting sliders in a way that creates more realistic stats - if that's your goal - often will create unrealistic outcomes with lower level teams.

Besides, though pass speed is a bit sluggish on default, I'm not sure why you'd increase pass speed if the issue is ball control and converting shots. Increasing pass speed can actually lead to less accuracy and less possession, unless you tone down first touch, which seems counter-productive if the goal is to make the CPU more dangerous. Also note that the sliders we were referring to already include a slight increase in pass speed.

i wouldn't say accuracy doesn't scale well. the difference in shot and pass percentages isn't too high between top and bottom teams, the gap is probably lower than it is in real life. but one thing i notice indeed is two weak teams usually produce less scoring chances than two strong teams in a game. this is why i always try to play with teams of all different rankings while tweaking my sliders. this way i can get a set for the "average team", which hopefully translates well for both lower and higher leagues.

Wow. Trying to do the FUT offline promo tournament at the moment where the prerequisites are an 80 minimum chemistry team but 4 star maximum squad rating. I'm using my Portuguese team here:

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=iJ3vVRAMbgUB:360

But have obviously had to replace my entire bench with bronze players to get the squad rating down to 80.

First game in this tournament is against Barcelona. On World Class. My God it's difficult. Literally no time on the ball and Barcelona play just like they do in reality - quick zippy distribution, trying to pass the ball into the net. Hardest challenge I've encountered.

Also in one of the Offline FUT Season games (division 7 I think), I had a great game against Fluminese on World Class difficulty. Ended up 4-4 and that was with my strongest squad (84 rated BPL team). Such a brilliant game though.

Really enjoying it on Dynamic cam. I'm not usually a fan of a zoomed in experience as I like to see what's around me, but this is really taking my fancy.

Oh, and I've also switched gameplay speed from Slow to Normal.

What a positive difference. You can now feel the pace of the players whereas switching back to slow it seems as though they are running in treacle.

Oh, and I've also switched gameplay speed from Slow to Normal.

What a positive difference. You can now feel the pace of the players whereas switching back to slow it seems as though they are running in treacle.

Yea I'm gonna do this too I think. Especially playing in League 1, they are already slow enough!

ummm Creation Centre is only available for those who have season pass or buy something from Fifa Store? because it says i reached my DL limit but i havent even downloaded anything yet

Don't like that whole sliders idea. Never really liked it. Would there be need for it if gameplay out of the box was spot on?

Therefore will leave it on 50s for now, just boosting speed of power bar to 62 for now :D.

This game is really good. Plagued with minor glitches on PC, but bearable ;).

Wasn't expecting much after playing demo, but full game took step in right direction. Plus it looks really nice my end. Could say NG :LOL:.

Define "spot on"?

We all like different things in terms of how the football is played on the pitch, certainly when we come from following different leagues we'll want different things, I as a fan of the English Premier League would not find gameplay which simulates Serie A "spot on" :)

Exactly. What is spot on for one person could be garbage for another. It's why PES diehards say their game's the best, while Fifa diehards say their game's the best. The sliders are a great idea - more games should use them.

Exactly. What is spot on for one person could be garbage for another. It's why PES diehards say their game's the best, while Fifa diehards say their game's the best. The sliders are a great idea - more games should use them.

Sliders are the bane of my existence - I think I spend more time tweaking them than enjoying the gameplay!

They are a great idea though and I would never suggest they shouldn't be included. Just really wish there were more, especially a stamina slider. And god I wish the darn injury slider worked better.

Sliders aren't bad idea, just poorly implemented one.

They should limit options you can tweak by limiting extremes with difficulties.

Something so many racing sims do when deciding AI level... :P

Transfers needs a slider (or setting), way too many transfers, already the likes of Neymar and Bale have moved on and I only just started the third season!

Yes, these are the changes I noticed:

- Signal Iduna Park crowd fixed
- new Minifaces (Eto'o, Özil, Bale, Ronaldo, Pepe and a lot more)
-> unfortunately they are not appearing ingame, you can manually activate them on PC
- Custom Chants volume fixed (still not perfect though)
- new Database included (don't know what they fixed except headers)

I've noticed no improvements at all in chant volume since the patch? Part of the problem is that the custom chant slider does nothing, the custom chant volume is currently controlled by the crowd volume slider.

Ok, will try it out, thanks

Edit: Dont work for me....

Try change renderingquality to 1, msaa_level 0, WAITFORVSYNC 0, download d3doverrider add fifa14.exe and put Application detection level ON (HIGH), Force triple buffering (ON) Force Vsync (ON). In fifa14 settings check disable windows aero.

Last edited:

Man, if they'll keep this realistic tempo and player inertia for the next-gen,i can't stand it(in a good way of course) and i'll buy it on the release day..Maybe they will even improve inertia with ignite engine and that could be boss:))

Out off topic: Actually it's so strange for me, last summer ı was thinking Pes 14 would have amazing inertia,player movement because of the new engine(barycenter-mass etc) and at the same time i completely lost my hopes for Fifa 14 because of Fifa 13(headless chickens)..But now, Fifa is far beyond Pes on this aspect..I tried Pes 14 after 3 weeks break, players fell so empty, 180 degree turns are instant and so arcade..I hope Pes will solve this issue with the upcoming patch..I am a Fifa player right now but i really want Pes to be great..

Does anyone do skill moves or mastered them fully? I always get confused as to what I'm doing in a certain situation on the field to pull off a specific move, but one of my mates is incredible at knowing the move to pull off at the right time taking into account his position and surroundings. Need to work on those, as all I seem to be able to master is the roll under the foot move.

Does anyone do skill moves or mastered them fully? I always get confused as to what I'm doing in a certain situation on the field to pull off a specific move, but one of my mates is incredible at knowing the move to pull off at the right time taking into account his position and surroundings. Need to work on those, as all I seem to be able to master is the roll under the foot move.

I've got basically 2 - the step over or the roll left/right. Thats it :( Those are activated in the following way;

1) mash the right stick around in circles
2) pray

joking aside, I try not to do too many skill moves. Close dribbles look just as good when you throw a defender off balance and open up a couple of yards of space.

Hate playing people online that spam the skill stick, looks so stupid watching John Terry do 360 spins - or rolling it back to the keeper to do flick ups with... bloody kids.

I've got basically 2 - the step over or the roll left/right. Thats it :( Those are activated in the following way;

2) pray

joking aside, I try not to do too many skill moves. Close dribbles look just as good when you throw a defender off balance and open up a couple of yards of space.

Hate playing people online that spam the skill stick, looks so stupid watching John Terry do 360 spins - or rolling it back to the keeper to do flick ups with... bloody kids.

Yeah I agree, maybe do a step over every now and again, but seeing people do lots of stuff with the 'trick stick' or whatever you want to call it doesn't look great.

2) pray

:APPLAUD:
Yep, that's me as well, same skillset, same order of actions.
I've absoultely no idea how to do them but I think I might try mastering at least a couple useful ones to perform with my more skilled players.

Can't stand skills. You see some people doing them against you online and it's just not realistic to me. I don't mind one now and then against me but its the idiots who constantly do it... and don't get me started on the YouTube vids some bellends make. How the hell is all that bollocks football?

Can't stand skills. You see some people doing them against you online and it's just not realistic to me. I don't mind one now and then against me but its the idiots who constantly do it... and don't get me started on the YouTube vids some bellends make. How the hell is all that bollocks football?

Indeed. Given the right situation it can look great and actually work very well, but as said above when someone knocks it back to the keeper who then does keepy ups and around the world tricks before passing around the defenders who do the same, that's just being a twat.

Back
Top Bottom