FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

My mate has FIFA 14 on Xbox 360 but he doesn't have a proper internet connection there. Can anyone suggest a method for him to get the patch onto his console? i.e. if I download the patch on my console, can I transfer it to his hard drive via a USB stick? Or can he download it online and then apply it to his hard drive via USB stick?

p.s. how has the dynamic camera angle changed? He was devastated at the new angle!

DYNAMIC CAMERA now fixed, back to how it was.... patch is gamechanging for the better....

So what the fuck was all that whining about the patch making the game faster and breaking momentum? Trolls and haters!

Played a match after the update and it was brilliant, game is improved from being good to very good IMO, and I lost the match with a last minute 3-2 winner at home to Palace but enjoyed the match immensely, gameplay is definitely not faster, maybe even slightly slower, momentum is not reduced and in fact I'd say it's slightly increased, very impressed with it now, AI seems smarter as well in a real sense not contrived sense, player individuality much better, Kebe was a menace on the wing, using simple skills and quick feet to evade my tackles or open his feet for a good pass/shot constantly.

I uploaded a really good IMO example of momentum, pacey Antonio of Wednesday v Ramage of Palace:

YouTube - Really nice example of momentum in Fifa14 after 2nd title update.

Im right in saying that you dont have to start a new CM to notice the changes from the patch?

Patch is out for x360 at least and I'll echo what Placebo said above.

Here's quite an interesting little video on Next Gen Fifa 14:

YouTube - FIFA 14 Next-Gen - #EGX 2013

It's a shame the guy doing the talking is really poor, but the footage they show is exciting at times - especially the Falcao pieces and new camera angles etc (these are from 20 minutes on but there is plenty of footage throughout the video if you don't want to sit and listen for 40 minutes).

As an example, skip to 25:40 and play through.

being an old school gamer in days of kick off 2 using the radar comes natural, and i much prefer a bit of a zoomed in experience..i think two far away and its less immersive but each to their own

Which is exactly why I'd like markers to indicate where other players are. Like you, I prefer a zoomed in view; if I'm playing while sitting up at my PC then the zoom doesn't matter so much but if I'm laying back on my bed, the zoomed in view would come in handy.

About the patch - I'm not noticing any bad things so this is probably another example of EA Forums whining about nothing.

Here's quite an interesting little video on Next Gen Fifa 14:

YouTube - FIFA 14 Next-Gen - #EGX 2013

It's a shame the guy doing the talking is really poor, but the footage they show is exciting at times - especially the Falcao pieces and new camera angles etc (these are from 20 minutes on but there is plenty of footage throughout the video if you don't want to sit and listen for 40 minutes).

As an example, skip to 25:40 and play through.

That does look good. Think the speaker got about 15 minutes notice he was doing the presentation:LOL:

But didn't we also have people in here saying it was faster and nerfed? Not just 3rd hand rumours from other forums...
it was me and i stand for what i said. i played the pre and post patch versions in the same half hour, it's way easier to tell the difference this way, because it is kinda subtle. if you go to sleep playing pre-patch and wakes up playing post-patch, you'll possibly not notice the change in pace especially.

then you have horrible perception and should be terminated as you have no use for mankind :(
jk

Well, I for one am shocked.

Why would they do that? Why?

It's what they do over there. The game could be absolutely perfect and come in a gold plated case - that lot would still find something to whine about.

Well I'm not entirely sure what they've done with this patch but I'm having an absolute blast. Playing in my Chelsea CM on World Class and back on all default sliders, the game feels more open and yet I haven't conceded a single goal that wasn't my own fault.

They've definitely improved teammate defensive AI, at least and most importantly along the backline. Prior to the patch the CPU was able to get their attackers in wide open space from long through passes on a regular basis but that hasn't happened once since the patch. Player switching has been improved and that along with AI improvements has meant that I've also not conceded a header yet.

The best thing I can say is that I'm now beating teams that Chelsea should be beating - like a 5-1 victory over Hull, the most goals I've scored yet on World Class difficulty - while in my most recent match I drew 1-1 with Man Utd which was an exciting, end-to-end thriller. Prior to the patch I had been conceding a lot of cheap goals but not one post-patch.

Matches do feel slightly more open than before but I'm not complaining. Hopefully the sentiment will last cause today at least I'm lovin this game.

Nope none that I've seen, inertia is improved.

Agree, game is miles better now without the op headers and finess...

But my friends still having big big issues with freezing, dunno what else to do, we tried all (cleaning cache, installing the game, turning off EA trax, turning off football club shared info, messing with their router/modem config(NAT, DMZ))

really frustating for them :(

Back
Top Bottom