FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

just a quick update still really enjoying the game in CM but still no fouls awarded to me for now maybe 15 games!!

so annoying I would love to be able to score some free kicks, maybe its my playing style I dont dribble with the ball much except for little feints and do lots of passing finding space could that be it? hope its patched

just a quick update still really enjoying the game in CM but still no fouls awarded to me for now maybe 15 games!!

so annoying I would love to be able to score some free kicks, maybe its my playing style I dont dribble with the ball much except for little feints and do lots of passing finding space could that be it? hope its patched

Yep you need to have the ball close to you and dribble a bit more. I am noticing more fouls had a few free kicks around the box and scored a lovely free kick with Cazorla :-)

This is only in about 10 games played aswell, but I have no problem with getting fouls awarded to me. Of course it could be better, some blatant fouls don't get give, but that happens in real life as well I suppose?

Yep you need to have the ball close to you and dribble a bit more. I am noticing more fouls had a few free kicks around the box and scored a lovely free kick with Cazorla :-)

This is only in about 10 games played aswell, but I have no problem with getting fouls awarded to me. Of course it could be better, some blatant fouls don't get give, but that happens in real life as well I suppose?

ive noticed that holding L2 can win you fouls i went from none to 5 just by shielding the ball..i would still like to see more diving in miss timed tackles though

I have started a career with Bolton and currently mid table 16 games in..it is really good and one thing i noticed last night was i was playing millwall who were bottom of the table.. It was a tight game up until 41 mins when i broke through and slotted in with NGOG..1-0 half time.i then kicked off and scored on 47 mins...they then collapsed and what was a tight came for all of the first half became all one way and i stuck 6 past them. It was brilliant to see a team just fade away as they conceded more goals..Not sure if it was a one off but it was a great experience

Selling something you paid good money for is a mugs game.

Not if you're definitely not going to use it any more it isn't. ;) More accurate, holding onto it instead of cashing it in while it has some value is 'a mug's game'.

What's with the new dynamic camera? The view is zoomed in far too much, it's impossible to pick out a distant player, and taking your eye off the action to plan the pass with the radar usually results in losing the ball.

Some sort of off screen marker to indicate the position of team mates is badly needed to replicate a real player's peripheral vision.

Not if you're definitely not going to use it any more it isn't. ;) More accurate, holding onto it instead of cashing it in while it has some value is 'a mug's game'.

What's with the new dynamic camera? The view is zoomed in far too much, it's impossible to pick out a distant player, and taking your eye off the action to plan the pass with the radar usually results in losing the ball.

Some sort of off screen marker to indicate the position of team mates is badly needed to replicate a real player's peripheral vision.

Or you could choose a different camera? I can't use the radar well, so I play with a wider camera so I can see more of the pitch :DD

Or get better eyes and reactions? ;))

If the marker is off screen how do you see it?! ;-)

If I get what you are saying it would be a bit annoying having markers all over the sides of the screen to show you where players are positioned off the screen?

Use the Pro cam, that gives you the view of the player, you can't represent it much better than that, you can see in the distance etc :DD

cheers for the tips and to the person who mentioned using L2 more to shield the ball

I hardly use right stick since I forget the moves all the time I have the memory of a fish lol I will have to practice some more.I stopped using Aguero for Man City as he wasnt scoring so I put Negredo up front on his own with silva behind and he cant stop scoring this game really rewards powerhouses upfront

EDIT- just wondering has there ever been an Option File editor for FIFA on ps3 like the pes games have? I saw an Career mode editor for xbox

Last edited:

Or you could choose a different camera? I can't use the radar well, so I play with a wider camera so I can see more of the pitch :DD

Or get better eyes and reactions? ;))

If the marker is off screen how do you see it?! ;-)

If I get what you are saying it would be a bit annoying having markers all over the sides of the screen to show you where players are positioned off the screen?

Use the Pro cam, that gives you the view of the player, you can't represent it much better than that, you can see in the distance etc :DD

It isn't annoying to see those markers in Be a Pro, so why should it be annoying in any other mode? Options are a good thing...

It isn't annoying to see those markers in Be a Pro, so why should it be annoying in any other mode? Options are a good thing...

But in Be a pro you see all players in front of you, so the markers are less, if you are in defence etc with a zoomed in camera, you will basically have at least 6 markers all zooming around the sides of your screen......it would annoy me anyway and would take away from the visual aspect of you watching a proper match. Maybe that is just me.

But I also agree, if people would want that, then there should be an option to turn it on or off :))

being an old school gamer in days of kick off 2 using the radar comes natural, and i much prefer a bit of a zoomed in experience..i think two far away and its less immersive but each to their own

Damn, so is it confirmed? where are you guys reading that?

You think that's bad? Us mugs who bought PES 2014 are still waiting for the first patch and still will be until November rolls around. :RANT:

gutted about PES this year after all the hope and wait but in alot of ways im glad because I would never have picked FIFA up for the first time and been pleasantly suprised

where did they say about the patch delay? link?

only thing i found there is this, posted last saturday the 5th, means this week is "next week":

#FIFA14 Title Update II is LIVE on PC. Consoles next week. Balances made to lofted-through balls, headers, finesse shots & more. http://bit.ly/17aK1PP

BONUS: Stephan El Shaarawy has been upgraded to 4* Skills in H2H, CM, and Seasons! Potential #FUT upgrade soon.

What camera angle is that?

I feel as though i need to start using it so i can see the crowd on next gen

I've been using a camera angle like that for a few years now. I use Tele broadcast but then customise it so it's lower. Height 4, Zoom 7 iirc. Looks great to me.

where did they say about the patch delay? link?

Yeah I'm wondering the same.

I looked at official forums, Facebook page and Twitter and couldn't see anything about the patch being delayed.

Rob Hodson, FIFA's community manager, posted earlier today that he's got no ETA on the patch.

much better ea got my fifa back.. gameplay much better even getting a few fouls now,, gameplay not faster as reported on pc as far as i can see.. feels like demo did.. wel done

Last edited:

My mate has FIFA 14 on Xbox 360 but he doesn't have a proper internet connection there. Can anyone suggest a method for him to get the patch onto his console? i.e. if I download the patch on my console, can I transfer it to his hard drive via a USB stick? Or can he download it online and then apply it to his hard drive via USB stick?

p.s. how has the dynamic camera angle changed? He was devastated at the new angle!

There are a few websites that make title updates available for download, the main one I know also shares not so legal things so I can't list it here, but as soon as the update is posted I'll make it available, you just download to PC, copy to flashdrive and insert the flashdrive, think you need to keep the flashdrive inserted every time you play Fifa else the title update won't be used (not 100% sure on that), it's possible it will let you copy the title update from the flashdrive to the 360's HDD but also not sure on that!

You can also download the squad files to PC and use in a similar way.

Back
Top Bottom