FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

I bought the game today for pc, it gets to the Messi screen and then it just stops. No message or anything. Anyone can help, I've tried all afternoon. Thank you.

Loving the players raising their hands after tripping an opposition player like they did nothing wrong!

Also, CPU players in offside positions will sometimes ignore the play.

Are you sure? Seems a lot of other people are saying the opposite. I think I'll hold fire a bit more on updating, just to get a few other viewpoints.

Pretty much. I have played a few matches with this new patch and just to be sure I then played a demo match to compare. I didn't notice any difference.

Mate of mine said the same:

[06/10/2013 21:04:45] Paul Statham: Yeah I saw that, due on Tuesday for consoles, lots of complaints they messed up inertia and made the game overly fast again like 13?
[06/10/2013 21:05:03] Sniperwolf: I'm not feeling that really.
[06/10/2013 21:05:21] Sniperwolf: If anything, I had more trouble with inertia than pre patch.

Forgot to say how I am finding the game.

Lot harder for me, started on Professional and default sliders and its a struggle at the moment, in a good way.

Great to see momentum/inertia have an effect. had players running into the box and the ball played behind them and they can't get it and keep running forward a bit due to momentum. In old fifas it would be easy to change direction and get the ball.

Villa beat me in the opening game of the season 0-1 It was a scrappy game but the winner was great Benteke just leathered it from outside the box into the top corner, I was shocked and happy that the Computer scores these more often now (After playing a few more games) and at least attempts more long shots.

I'm getting more fouls in my favour, which is great.

Shooting feels much better, the dip on the ball with volleys is especially satisfying and gives a weight to the ball which just feels right to me.

I haven't played alot of it, but going to a friends house tonight to play 1vs1 so will have a good few hours to really assess it properly.

For now though it is better than Fifa 13 and a big thing for me the teams I have played so far, the star players on my team and the CPU seem to stand out more (Not a great deal more, but noticeable) which is great.

I had a League cup game and played mostly youngsters, had Eisfield on the bench and brought him on in the second half and he was a real threat, he wasn't amazing but it just felt right.

The overall feeling of the game is really good and I hope for one the new patch doesn't change all of the great changes they have made.

I have lost 2:0 vs Arsenal in my career as Southampton and that made me very happy. Why? Because in hundreds of career matches I have played in Fifa12/13, usually as a weak team, I have never been so dominated like this time which sucked. In 12/13 as cheltenham I would have more possesion and shots vs arsenal, mutd etc. Actually, in hundreds of cm matches in 12/13 I had more possesion and shots than ai in 99.9% of matches.

But in 14 arsenal kept the ball, attacked and pressured me so I had only minimum chance with counters. They had 65% of ball possesion.
AI is definetely improved in 14!

What makes it better is that after 2:0 Arsenal made a more defensive approach so I had to attack and they played counter attacks.
I like that.

Started a career as Southend last night and pleased to say the gameplay is more or less the same as the other modes (obviously faster than the online UT i was playing, but was expecting that).

Games felt good - lost 2-0 to Sheff Weds in the first round of the cup, which felt realistic. A game in previous FIFA's that probably I would have one or at least been 0-0 and I'd have won on pens.

I have lost 2:0 vs Arsenal in my career as Southampton and that made me very happy. Why? Because in hundreds of career matches I have played in Fifa12/13, usually as a weak team, I have never been so dominated like this time which sucked. In 12/13 as cheltenham I would have more possesion and shots vs arsenal, mutd etc. Actually, in hundreds of cm matches in 12/13 I had more possesion and shots than ai in 99.9% of matches.

But in 14 arsenal kept the ball, attacked and pressured me so I had only minimum chance with counters. They had 65% of ball possesion.
AI is definetely improved in 14!

What makes it better is that after 2:0 Arsenal made a more defensive approach so I had to attack and they played counter attacks.
I like that.
Are you using custom sliders?

Yes. I have posted them in sliders thread. Note that I have changed half length to 15 min because cpu and I were having difficulty scoring (a lot of midfield play-nice).

regulary when EA release their patches for FIFA? im new to FIFA and the too much header goals are ruining the experience tho they promised there will be a patch for it.

any predictions, news? i couldnt find anything

thx

regulary when EA release their patches for FIFA? im new to FIFA and the too much header goals are ruining the experience tho they promised there will be a patch for it.

any predictions, news? i couldnt find anything

thx

Patch has already been released for PC mate, consoles this week - that's what everyone is discussing the last few pages. ;)

oh okay :D my bad...just checked my copy of Fifa for PS3 on saturday and there was nothing thats why i asked thx for the heads up

so what about the attacking headers then? are they really balanced?

Last edited:

i´ve bought the game in the US store and wanted to know if it´s possible to change to European units?

Good game this.
Didn't think I'll be enjoying it as much but the introduction of inertia is just what the series needed. It changes everything and with good players you can dribble using only the left stick - feel no need to slow down the game via sliders as well.

Is there any way to play a high tempo pressing game? They just stand off normally

Not really, and it's especially frustrating because the CPU is really good this year at pressing high, unrealistically so at times. In my Chelsea CM, Villa pressed me all over the pitch for example, you'd think I was playing Barca.

I've even adjusted the custom tactics to max out aggression and pressure, but it makes little difference. I can press high successfully in spurts but it's difficult to replicate those teams that press high as part of their normal M.O.

I have played even more matches and I have good and bad news:
Good news is that, unlike 12 and 13, AI starts to pressure and attack and change tactics more realistically and does not always wait for 40/85 min to start attacking.
Bad news is that AI does cheat;
- I was winning 1:0 and AI attacker was 1 on 1 with my CB. My CB tackled him but (as I have later seen on the replay) ball passed THROUGH my CB foot (shoe) so AI attacker was 1 on 1 vs my GK for an easy goal.
- It seems that when commentator says at the beginning of the match they he thinks you are going to loose, you are screwed because that is what usually happens from my experience.
- It is still possible (usually AI does this when pressuring) to run into any player with the ball and take the ball without a foul. I remember that was a huge problem for online matches in 12/13 and was exploited by many players. Unfortunately it is still here.

Last edited:

I played this game so much in the last three days to the extent my hands are about to drop from the wrists.
Despite still finding the updated game faster than the demo (which I based upon when deciding to buy it), I must admit that its addictiveness hasn't changed a bit.

It still has its fair amount of bugs (black sky and stadia without roofs in cutscenes anyone? Come on EA, it's about time you fix that since it's from FIFA11 that this bug is around) but I'm really enjoying it.

Now it's time to try some sliders to make it even better.

Did someone find the way to see OVR of scouted player? It only shows from-to attributes but not from-to OVR of that player, right?

Did someone find the way to see OVR of scouted player? It only shows from-to attributes but not from-to OVR of that player, right?

Yeah, look the player up online!

Seriously though, you'll be able to see OVRs for some players (elite players seem to have visible OVRs), and maybe if you have a 5 star scout (I don't know since I've yet to have one), but typically you won't see OVRs.

IMO they should have at least shown estimate OVRs, just like they do for attributes.

Yeah, look the player up online!

Seriously though, you'll be able to see OVRs for some players (elite players seem to have visible OVRs), and maybe if you have a 5 star scout (I don't know since I've yet to have one), but typically you won't see OVRs.

IMO they should have at least shown estimate OVRs, just like they do for attributes.

I have a couple of 5* scouts and it doesn't show the OVR for non-well known players.

Forgot who asked about the update patch iv got it on the pc and i will say i am seeing less headers from crossies and corners not as easy as it was before the patch all in all im happy loving the game getting use to all the new features etc in the game its a learning curve i wont lie but bring on novemver for next gen fifa on the ps4 happy days.

I have a couple of 5* scouts and it doesn't show the OVR for non-well known players.

REALLY!? So do you know what's the difference between a 5* and say a 3* scout? Huh, I just figured that 5* scouts would show you everything. What's the point then?

Forgot who asked about the update patch iv got it on the pc and i will say i am seeing less headers from crossies and corners not as easy as it was before the patch all in all im happy loving the game getting use to all the new features etc in the game its a learning curve i wont lie but bring on novemver for next gen fifa on the ps4 happy days.

Single player, multiplayer, or both?

(And punctuation is a good thing.)

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

And you can't send scouts to Africa because there are no leagues there (that are in the game). The new scouting network is weird in that though it's based on sending scouts to countries, you're in fact scouting leagues.

Yeh that makes sense. It's because i see a world map and i'm wondering why the scout can go to every continent but not Africa!

If they had done it without the map i wouldnt have questioned it ;)

For those (like me) that find it silly in CM that you cannot compare your own players when scouting. I take a picture of the stats on my mobile and compare them that way. Not ideal but it helps.

The only problem is that my wife thinks i'm even sadder now when she sees me taking pictures of stats on the TV :P

played on the ps3 two players yesterday at a friends house.

Fifa on the Ps3 seems a lot harder, I don't know if it was because of the ps3 pad because I have rarely used one, but it just felt alot more unresponsive as well with button presses and such, it was really strange.

I think I just need to get used to the game in general, I only played a couple of hours before that on xbox, so I think that was part of it.

One note, I played fully assisted because he does and I would have just lost every game otherwise and ended up killing myself...:PP but assisted passing seems much less assisted, passes were going off quite frequently, which was nice to see.

We played online aswell on the same team, but player switching was so frustrating, the response times were rubbish so you literally had to press the button twice for the cursor change. Also reactions to pressing shoot were slow.

I thought I would have loved our little session alot more yesterday, but I think it was because I am not used to the PS3 and I need to get used to the game a bit more.

REALLY!? So do you know what's the difference between a 5* and say a 3* scout? Huh, I just figured that 5* scouts would show you everything. What's the point then?

I guess just speed, accuracy and amount of results really, I'm currently in the second season aiming towards January so I have my scouts looking for first team quality players 26 and under with 0-1 year left on their contracts, will be interesting, to manually search some players and see if I find any myself in the respective leagues who only have 1 year or less on their contracts that the scouts didn't find.

Back
Top Bottom