FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

Yes I finally got the game! From Tesco's in the end after I phoned Amazon to get a refund for my non delivered game. I was surprised how easy it was.

Anyway I am enjoying the game so far even though I am really pants at it. I know most of you guys play on manual everything but I can't. I am on assisted everything until I improve. I have been playing a CM as Spurs as a little tester to see what it's like. Playing on world class but I'm still really rubbish so I may have to drop down a level. (I'm a PS2 PES player so that's my excuse for being pants :P)

I am finding the opposition are much better than last year as they put their foot on the ball a lot more and play different attacking styles. Once I get used to it I will start a new CM as either Southend Utd or Leyton Orient and try to work my way up.

As always the worse thing for me so far is the lack of fouls. I played about 7 games and there was just one foul from the CPU. I don't know why they don't seem to want to fix this. But anyway it's good at the moment and I'm sure once I get better I will enjoy it more. :)

Also, I'm sure I read in an earlier post (i think Placebo's post) about being able to change the formation during the match by pressing a button. Can somebody please confirm that is true? Thanks ;)

Sure it ain't placebo?

Thought they needed to dumb it down to make those losers happy. You got it now, don't you fu*ks?

i'm sure it ain't placebo. it's faster. less inertia. animations feel horrible.

Yes, these are the changes I noticed:

- Signal Iduna Park crowd fixed
- new Minifaces (Eto'o, Özil, Bale, Ronaldo, Pepe and a lot more)
-> unfortunately they are not appearing ingame, you can manually activate them on PC
- Custom Chants volume fixed (still not perfect though)
- new Database included (don't know what they fixed except headers)

Sorry, but how to manually activate the new minifaces?

Yes, the gameplay is much faster, the movements somehow looking crappy now and the collisions look like FIFA 13 now. :CONFUSE:
Oh f*ck. This is the worse news you could have given me about the game.
Is there a way not to download the patch via Origin or when you download it it just comes already patched and there's nothing to do like FIFA12?

:RANT: Why EA, WHY???

I am not sure the new patch makes one's own team have less inertia, although it has changed the pace and handling a bit. Not sure I like it yet, but I am going to have to re-tweek sliders.

Guess we console owners will find out around Tuesday I believe, good news that custom chants are fixed but really hope they've not done anything negative to gameplay. Personally I wasn't seeing a big issue with headers anyway, AI rarely scored headers against me and whilst I did score a lot of headers I do have a 6' 6" Atde Nuhiu up front :)

i really enjoy this one on pc. disabling the tranfer periode for the summer is the best career-mode news in years, at least for me.

i'm sure it ain't placebo. it's faster. less inertia. animations feel horrible.

I posted yesterday that the game feels different to me since I downloaded the squad update (and I assumed this update included a patch as well). This is on PS3 but I've noticed the same negative things as PC users.

The first few days I was loving the game but 2 days ago I downloaded the squad update (I couldn't do this initially as I had forgotten my EA password). Now the game feels different and less fun as a result. Things I've noticed:

Less inertia/momemtum
Faster gameplay
AI scripting (CPU players much stronger/ unrealistically good at intercepting)

Tackling is horrible in comparison to how it was. I loved being able to dispossess the opposition without pressing a button. Now even when perfectly timing a button pressed standing tackle the CPU player frequently brushes me off and comes away with the ball. The whole game feels less free/equal and more scripted/unbalanced.

I don't know why I have this and other console users don't. I thought maybe it was just in my head but having seen PC users complaining of the same things, I'm not so sure. I'm sure it feels different. I'm going to try and delete the update from the saved memory but I'm not quite sure how to do this. Any tips?

I posted yesterday that the game feels different to me since I downloaded the squad update (and I assumed this update included a patch as well). This is on PS3 but I've noticed the same negative things as PC users.

The first few days I was loving the game but 2 days ago I downloaded the squad update (I couldn't do this initially as I had forgotten my EA password). Now the game feels different and less fun as a result. Things I've noticed:

Less inertia/momemtum
Faster gameplay
AI scripting (CPU players much stronger/ unrealistically good at intercepting)

Tackling is horrible in comparison to how it was. I loved being able to dispossess the opposition without pressing a button. Now even when perfectly timing a button pressed standing tackle the CPU player frequently brushes me off and comes away with the ball. The whole game feels less free/equal and more scripted/unbalanced.

I don't know why I have this and other console users don't. I thought maybe it was just in my head but having seen PC users complaining of the same things, I'm not so sure. I'm sure it feels different. I'm going to try and delete the update from the saved memory but I'm not quite sure how to do this. Any tips?

The patch that was released for the PC isn't available on the consoles until next week.

So the patch includes new photos for players? Does it provide photos for some of the players that have the black silhouettes? It's really annoying that so many players don't have photos, how hard can it be to find them? Chile and Colombia leagues are something like 90% black silhouettes.

So the patch includes new photos for players? Does it provide photos for some of the players that have the black silhouettes? It's really annoying that so many players don't have photos, how hard can it be to find them? Chile and Colombia leagues are something like 90% black silhouettes.

Agreed. If EA are going down the mini-photo route, then every single player in the game should have a photo - these black silhouettes give an 'unfinished' air to the game; after all they're just placeholders, aren't they? Personally, I wouldn't mind if the black silhouettes are replaced with a shot of the player as he looks in-game.

Yes, the gameplay is much faster, the movements somehow looking crappy now and the collisions look like FIFA 13 now. :CONFUSE:

Please tell me you're joking!

Does anyone know of a way to roll back these patches? I'm not sure if I've noticed Origin downloading anything - if it hasn't, perhaps there's a way to stop Origin automatically updating the game? I'm very happy with it as it is thank you very much!

Aha! I just open Origin which immediately tried to update Fifa 14. I denied it permission and then stopped it updating automatically. Hopefully that'll keep this arcade sounding patch far, far away from my game.

i really enjoy this one on pc. disabling the tranfer periode for the summer is the best career-mode news in years, at least for me.

It's a cop-out in my opinion. Instead of disabling the transfer window, they should've worked on how transfers work to stop a good team selling all their best players and replacing them with crap.

Sorry - triple post.

Please tell me you're joking!

Does anyone know of a way to roll back these patches? I'm not sure if I've noticed Origin downloading anything - if it hasn't, perhaps there's a way to stop Origin automatically updating the game? I'm very happy with it as it is thank you very much!

Aha! I just open Origin which immediately tried to update Fifa 14. I denied it permission and then stopped it updating automatically. Hopefully that'll keep this arcade sounding patch far, far away from my game.

If you want to play online anytime, or do EAS FC challenges, you will need to update game. Sad ;).

If you want to play online anytime, or do EAS FC challenges, you will need to update game. Sad ;).

Luckily for me, I couldn't care less about online, neither do I really care that much about the challenges.

;)

Luckily for me, I couldn't care less about online, neither do I really care that much about the challenges.

;)

Och mate playing FIFA vs AI is most dull thing ever.

Online this game is so much better. At least on PC it is.

Get some friends to play it too :P.

It's not about pace abuse or anything then. PC users at least TRY to play football. At least that's what I got from FIFA 13 here :P.

Got bored of playing FIFA vs AI ridiculously fast :LOL:.

Releasing patch notes are like admitting failure, EA don't admit failure.

Quite so. I recall someone found a file inside Cricket 07; you know what it said? 'Notes for crappy patch for Cricket 07'.

Just about says it all.

Info - careful: your face might get stuck that way...

Mostly players with no miniface from Portuguese league from what I saw.

Back
Top Bottom