FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

It seems that fifa14 is being criticized very hard at ea forums.
They hate slower gameplay, slower player reactions, slower buildup play, weaker ball control and tougher defence.
Some do make a normal comment that online is bad, AI over-used chipped balls and headers are over-powered.
If you have time please make a positive comment on ea thread because I am afraid EA do read those comments and they will comply to those complaints.

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/345/2591526.page

Ha! That lot would complain if the game came in a gold plated case, with perfect gameplay and graphics. It is the most negative forum in the entire known Universe.

Last year, they moaned it was too fast, too unrealistic. They demanded that EA stop tying the ball to the player's feet and that defending was improved. They got all that. Now? They're complaining that the game is too slow? Un-bloody-believable!

Regarding the headers, have they been patched? I'm on the PC version and I don't find headers overpowered at all, at least offline.

However, I fear you might be right so when a new patch is announced, I'm going to hold fire on updating until I've read some impressions of what the game is like. Having said that, it's not my experience that a developer's patches dramatically change a game's gameplay whether for good or bad, so we can relax (or in the babies at EA forums' case: you're stuck with it!)

when opponent crosses the ball, press change player button and move in front of the opponent than press and hold shoot+direction.
This has always been the key to winning headers. Using the trigger(s) (is it L2? I can't remember) and left stick to muscle across the front of your opponent to put yourself between him and the incoming ball.

Ha! That lot would complain if the game came in a gold plated case, with perfect gameplay and graphics. It is the most negative forum in the entire known Universe.

Last year, they moaned it was too fast, too unrealistic. They demanded that EA stop tying the ball to the player's feet and that defending was improved. They got all that. Now? They're complaining that the game is too slow? Un-bloody-believable!

Regarding the headers, have they been patched? I'm on the PC version and I don't find headers overpowered at all, at least offline.

However, I fear you might be right so when a new patch is announced, I'm going to hold fire on updating until I've read some impressions of what the game is like. Having said that, it's not my experience that a developer's patches dramatically change a game's gameplay whether for good or bad, so we can relax (or in the babies at EA forums' case: you're stuck with it!)

No mate..Last year, ı was one of them complaining about pace,lack of inertia etc.. Now ı am happy with the game but pacewhores are now complaining..From what ı've seen, most of the community are happy with the game except for a little flaws like OP crosses,corners,lob passes..

It is confirmed @ea forums that overpowered headers will be fixed at next patch.

I think a more pressing concern is the over powered chip goals. I was watching my nephew playing on my PC yesterday - FUT - and 90% of the goals I saw were chip goals.

It seems that fifa14 is being criticized very hard at ea forums.
They hate slower gameplay, slower player reactions, slower buildup play, weaker ball control and tougher defence.
Some do make a normal comment that online is bad, AI over-used chipped balls and headers are over-powered.
If you have time please make a positive comment on ea thread because I am afraid EA do read those comments and they will comply to those complaints.

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/345/2591526.page

Wait till they play the next gen version then and they will completely moan, as the next gen version is a lot slower and requires a lot more passing to break teams down.

And read the thread, does anyone know how to type and spell these days, or dos dose kids only no how 2 tlk lke dumb peps.

Last edited:

Wait till they play the next gen version then and they will completely moan, as the next gen version is a lot slower and requires a lot more passing to break teams down.

And read the thread, does anyone know how to type and spell these days, or dos dose kids only no how 2 tlk lke dumb peps.

You can blame text speak for that. I mean sometimes, you actually hear these idiots start a sentence when they're speaking with 'LOL', or 'ROFL'. Instead of - you know - laughing.

I'd like to slap whoever invented those phrases with a 20kg plate.

Edit: Is 'NG' really much slower than CG Fifa 14? For me, it's the perfect football game pace.

£25? From where - the cheapest I could see it was £31, which is what I paid in the end. That's the most I've ever paid for a Fifa game, but I don't mind because it's head and shoulders above any other football game I've ever played. Just wish they could've done something about the game's soul - it's still lacking that sort of thing. I mean better looking celebrations for goals involving the whole team when appropriate, and PES' offsides, where the game continues - that sort of thing. You think you've scored; the players celebrate, so do the fans, then up goes the flag. In Fifa, it's too robotic, too clinical - a player is never shocked by the offside flag, neither are the fans.

On the gameplay front however, EA have done an amazing job, and if 'NG' plays like this, but with a much better graphical engine, then we're in for a treat in the coming years, especially as it seems EA have finally got with the programme and are giving more importance to the 'life' within the stadium. With any luck, the PC will be able to join in that fun sooner rather than later.

Brought it from Amazon US. Just had to enter a US address and got a download code immediately. I think the offer is unavailable now.

in my opinion there are only two things needing fixing..the awful cameras please bring back the old dynamic and AI fouls..fix these and id be more than happy

More than happy with the Tele cam zoomed all the way out, best way to play it on a 120" screen ;)

It's annoying when you meet a team with a ground that doesn't zoom out that far, takes some adjusting to!

More than happy with the Tele cam zoomed all the way out, best way to play it on a 120" screen ;)

It's annoying when you meet a team with a ground that doesn't zoom out that far, takes some adjusting to!

Derby County!

120" or 120cm?
Is that a tv or a projector?

Did anybody play the game before downloading the patch and squad updates?

The first few days of playing it felt like a completely different game than Fifa 13 but since I've updated the squads it feels just like the old game.

Has anybody else noticed this and is there a way of deleting the patch?

Been on a bad run. Needed a point to avoid relegation in H2H. 2 nil down after 89 mins. Scored 2! Happy days :)

I feel like I'm dominating most games I play in but not finishing teams off. Gets a little bit annoying but still enjoying the game. Cracking game as far as I'm concerned even with its annoyances. I'm playing a bit of co-op seasons with a mate too and that mode is superb... apart from the player switching which is annoying but that's down to me and him hitting L1 too aggressively at times.

Did anybody play the game before downloading the patch and squad updates?

The first few days of playing it felt like a completely different game than Fifa 13 but since I've updated the squads it feels just like the old game.

Has anybody else noticed this and is there a way of deleting the patch?

I don't remember any patches.

If you have time please make a positive comment on ea thread
Done that (if you wonder, I happen to be ale85bg over there).

I'm honest, I've only tried the demo at the moment.
But I'll buy the full game in the next days because it is really, really worth doing so despite of course not being perfect.

Not joking: last year I dropped the demo after two matches and never ever considered buying FIFA13, but this is a completely different story.
Finally slower, and you actually have to think before you do if you want to succeed.
This demo is addictive, I just can't wait to see how will the full game play once I've bought it.

Well done, EA

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

This thread has convinced me to buy it. Any place to get in on the cheap for PC?

Where does this impression come from?

My FIFA 14 just got updated on Origin, 54mb Update. Did you guys get it as well?
Yes, these are the changes I noticed:

- Signal Iduna Park crowd fixed
- new Minifaces (Eto'o, Özil, Bale, Ronaldo, Pepe and a lot more)
-> unfortunately they are not appearing ingame, you can manually activate them on PC
- Custom Chants volume fixed (still not perfect though)
- new Database included (don't know what they fixed except headers)

-> unfortunately they are not appearing ingame, you can manually activate them on PC

Any negative changes?

Dynamic Camera has been fixed too.

Yes, the gameplay is much faster, the movements somehow looking crappy now and the collisions look like FIFA 13 now.
Just played a bit with this patch vs CPU (Juve-Milan, 15-min halves).

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? FIFA 13 AGAIN?

Inertia stripped down, faster animations and transitions, more arcadey feel... Nice job, EA :NONO: A patch made to cater to crybaby FUT paceabusers.

Last edited:

feels a bit of a mess now, with defenders switching off, end to end sprint fest and a lot easier against the AI..words fail me..oh and still no AI fouls

Back
Top Bottom