FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

He went to the eurogamer expo and played it. A few pages back there is a post of his impressions.

I see it now - it was posted in a different thread.

Such a shame he didn't think AI was improved. Aside from graphics, AI was something I was really hoping/expecting to be significantly improved. Now that player movement physics has been upgraded, AI is by far FIFA's biggest weakness, IMO.

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

Well that's better than nothing, so now when you look at a certain player in CM for example they'll have a photo?
I don't know how it'll work when the patch is live for the consoles because on PC the new minifaces somehow not appearing ingame. I could export and activate them with some tools within a minute, but they weren't working without that.

So don't have high hopes for the console patch, it's EA as we know.

My team are a real bunch of sarcastic gits. I keep getting emails from them saying 'thanks for believing in me boss and giving me a chance in the first team' when they've been in the reserves all season.

:/

Such a shame he didn't think AI was improved. Aside from graphics, AI was something I was really hoping/expecting to be significantly improved. Now that player movement physics has been upgraded, AI is by far FIFA's biggest weakness, IMO.

Personally I think the AI is the best it's been. Now the AI passes back and builds different attacks depending on what team you are playing.

Also, why can't I send my scouts to Africa?! :CONFUSE:

Has anyone have any freezing issues with this FIFA? i personally didnt, but lots of my friends are having serious problems with this, game freezes in diferent areas(ingame, menus, etc) only Xbox360.

Wonder about that since i didnt see anything posted about this here or at EA`s foruns.

So EA have finally got their hands on some new hardware and haven't improved the AI?

:FAIL:

Personally I think the AI is the best it's been. Now the AI passes back and builds different attacks depending on what team you are playing.

Also, why can't I send my scouts to Africa?! :CONFUSE:

Well I don't think there's any argument that the AI isn't the best it's ever been. But that's not saying much.

Simply put, there is far more depth and complexity in the game of football that is not represented in FIFA.

And there's still quite a bit of dumb shit that happens, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvK_jvv6Tbw&feature=youtu.be

That's after a corner kick, the CPU goalkeeper claims the kick and is able to punt it directly at the wide open striker because the marking shambolic. Ashley Cole is marking him but he backs off before anyone of the CBs pick him up. I've given up loads of goals in FIFA 14 simply because of ridiculous marking by my backline, things that are beyond my control.

And you can't send scouts to Africa because there are no leagues there (that are in the game). The new scouting network is weird in that though it's based on sending scouts to countries, you're in fact scouting leagues.

Last edited:

So EA have finally got their hands on some new hardware and haven't improved the AI?

:FAIL:

According to his impressions, he didn't notice an improvement. But of the three big features being advertised for next gen FIFA, one is Pro Instincts, which according to EA's website:
For the first time, players in FIFA 14 will be able to anticipate and respond with human-reactions through Pro Instincts. Players now have full awareness and context of what is unfolding around them - transforming physical play in the beautiful game.

So the AI is supposedly being given a big upgrade, but I'm not sure it's being upgraded in the way we want it to be. But maybe that's just because of the way it's being marketed, I dunno.

Then after a quick google of Pro Instincts, I found this impression of gameplay from a recent showing of the game, which sounds more promising:
When it came to gameplay, EA has put a lot of focus behind getting the Pro Instincts and Precision Movement message to users. No longer can a player just sprint up the field without rhyme or reason. "With 10 times more animation depth and detail, EA Sports Ignite delivers the dynamic movements and biomechanics of the world's best athletes," said EA Sports in a press release. The game is not so much determined on speed as it is on skill and technique now. The few times I tried to go back to my old FIFA strategy of running up the field, I was stopped cold because the AI in the next-gen FIFA is smarter than on current-gen and knows exactly how to counteract mindless running. Needless to say, this was the game that had me rethinking my decision to purchase a PlayStation 4, especially with the Xbox One only exclusives that the game will feature.

So I don't really know what to think - impressions are all over the place. I guess we'll just have to wait until it's out to really know.

No mention of laggy PS3 CM menus or laggy team formation menu in CM for both consoles.

According to his impressions, he didn't notice an improvement. But of the three big features being advertised for next gen FIFA, one is Pro Instincts, which according to EA's website:

So the AI is supposedly being given a big upgrade, but I'm not sure it's being upgraded in the way we want it to be. But maybe that's just because of the way it's being marketed, I dunno.

Then after a quick google of Pro Instincts, I found this impression of gameplay from a recent showing of the game, which sounds more promising:

So I don't really know what to think - impressions are all over the place. I guess we'll just have to wait until it's out to really know.

Sure the marketing words are as big as it should.. just like products advertised which is pretty normal.

"For the first time, players in FIFA 14 will be able to anticipate and respond with human-reactions through Pro Instincts"

So does it mean, in versions before FIFA NG, they are not able to anticipate and respond with human reaction ? :ZZZ:

How can we tell it is a human-reaction in the game ? quite abstract for this specific feature :))

Hello FIFA 14 fans,

You may have noticed that the second title update for FIFA 14 is currently live on PC. Please note that the update is scheduled to come to consoles over the next week. We'll share more news as it becomes available and timings are confirmed.

The FIFA 14 update addresses issues that FIFA fans have brought to our attention with important and appreciated feedback, including the following:

• Balancing lofted through balls.
• Balancing attacking headers.
• Balancing finesse shots.
• Improved defender switching during crosses.
• Freezes while making substitutions during gameplay.
• Freezes while entering and exiting Leaderboards.
• Improvements made to Dynamic Camera.
• Corrected crowd sections in Signal Iduna Park.
• Corrected “Any” and “GK” filters in Pro Clubs.
• We've responded to the community and upgraded FIFA 14 cover star Stephan El Shaarawy to 4* Skills in Online Seasons, Head to Head, and Career Mode using EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day. Since the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team ratings and database are separate from the Match Day Update, he will be assessed and potentially upgraded in FUT at a later date.

We've located some of the issues causing freezing throughout the game, but not all of them. Please continue to let us know about specific instances on the EA forums as your feedback has helped immensely. There are a small percentage of remaining crashing/freezing instances and the team will continue to investigate and address them as needed. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Our commitment to improve the FIFA 14 is ongoing, and regular feedback from our fans helps us prioritize and identify future improvements. Thanks again for your continuous feedback on Twitter, Facebook, and the EA Forums. We’ll continue to provide you with information through those channels as and when it becomes available.

Thanks,
The FIFA Team

- EA Forum

Didn't mention anything about responsiveness, inertia. Guess it's just the classic placebo effect.

Does anyone have any tips for avoiding having my AI team mates called offside? They seem to constantly make runs offside into the box, which is annoying, especially when I am passing around the box. The AI cuts out any passes to them anyway, so I'd like to reduce their runs offside if I can.

Any tips?

Fact is, I have seen the same complaint on different forums, not only here... That's why I believe it's not placebo unfortunately.

@Placebo: I don't believe all these people blaming it on you are right to be honest. We all know it's EA's fault!
OK I know it was a bad one :COAT:

Please where can I find this update patch (approx. 50 mb) on my PC and is it possible to delete it?

Oh my god, I love this game! I'm a career mode type player with lower league teams usually, but somehow I've been sucked into the murky world of UT - and it's amazing. Not really talking about the team building and card collecting, although it's quite fun - but the gameplay online is incredible.

I've payed around another 10 games today and every match was a really good game of football and even though I lost the vast majority, they were still highly enjoyable.

Nobody spamming moves, plenty of variety in matches, great and varied goals etc. best football video game I've played in a very long time.

Can't wait to get into career mode now and see how it compares as I'm fearing it's going to have different gameplay.

Is it just me not bothered about current gen fifa 14 and waiting on next gen fifa 14? Or has everyone got fifa 14 current gen?

Is it just me not bothered about current gen fifa 14 and waiting on next gen fifa 14? Or has everyone got fifa 14 current gen?

I got it as guarantees £40 trade in towards next gen in Game. Not getting NG til Xmas 3 months of current gen is worth £15 extra IMO.

There's a horrible exploit where players can score from 40 yards on the wing if they cut inside and finesse the ball towards the far corner, usually with their first touch after receiving a pass, I've seen it used a few times on Ultimate Team and my brother's scored a few times from it as well.

Defending against crosses is still ridiculously difficult. I don't understand why the CPU controlled defenders don't bother to jump and head the ball away as they did in PES many lightyears ago.

Sensible thinking if you're definitely getting a PS4/Xbox One. As for me, I'm probably definitely not getting either of those systems.

I have played a few games with new patch (on PC) and I didn't notice any difference in gameplay speed.

Are you sure? Seems a lot of other people are saying the opposite. I think I'll hold fire a bit more on updating, just to get a few other viewpoints.

Back
Top Bottom