FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

As nice as it looks the dreadful cameras are killing the experience for me, even with the mod they aren't right. Why did they remove the Dynamic camera??

Also just had 3 games on Superstar mode

Man U V Chelsea
Liverpool V Everton

And a Div 2 match

They were all 8 min halves and between them all i got one foul...for a handball..it just ruins the single player game..Considering I have had the game one day and noticed it (it was the same last year) you would think the play tester did too or have they deliberately done it as some kind of "fair play" feature

As nice as it looks the dreadful cameras are killing the experience for me, even with the mod they aren't right. Why did they remove the Dynamic camera??

Also just had 3 games on Superstar mode

Man U V Chelsea
Liverpool V Everton

And a Div 2 match

They were all 8 min halves and between them all i got one foul...for a handball..it just ruins the single player game..Considering I have had the game one day and noticed it (it was the same last year) you would think the play tester did too or have they deliberately done it as some kind of "fair play" feature

That's another thing I've noticed regardless of the referee. I receive and commit more fouls in PES 2014 than I do in FIFA, and that's saying something.

Ok, can someone please tell me how to get my teammates to try and tackle someone? I usually take charge of a DMF when defending, and 'shepard' attackers towards my full backs.

But in FIFA14, my full back will not attempt a tackle. Ever. I just had James Milner run about 20 yards next to Evra, and Evra just ran beside him. Is there a button you have to push this year? It's comical.

Also that weird 'force field' is in full effect when you're playing against the CPU. You direct even a straight-red sliding tackle at an opponent and they magically dodge as your tackle, at full speed, goes about 3 inches.

The more I play against the CPU, the more I see the ridiculous AI, um, boosting or whatever you want to call it. Just conceded a goal when I made no less than 7 tackles, but every single loose ball went the CPUs way. It's comical.

Ok, can someone please tell me how to get my teammates to try and tackle someone? I usually take charge of a DMF when defending, and 'shepard' attackers towards my full backs.

But in FIFA14, my full back will not attempt a tackle. Ever. I just had James Milner run about 20 yards next to Evra, and Evra just ran beside him. Is there a button you have to push this year? It's comical.

Also that weird 'force field' is in full effect when you're playing against the CPU. You direct even a straight-red sliding tackle at an opponent and they magically dodge as your tackle, at full speed, goes about 3 inches.

The more I play against the CPU, the more I see the ridiculous AI, um, boosting or whatever you want to call it. Just conceded a goal when I made no less than 7 tackles, but every single loose ball went the CPUs way. It's comical.

Honeymoon over?

Hey folks, whenever I start the game via Origin, it says checking connection for some time and then warns me that it is "unable to connect to ea servers at this time, check your connection or try again later." what does that mean? am i making sth wrong?

I don't understand this game... I was playing on World Class with tweaked sliders etc having pretty decent possession stats vs AI and AI had a ~80% pass success. However I was frustrated by the lack of team identity so I was wondering if this was only an issue with the higher difficulties and I dropped the difficulty down to professional - I played 3 games as Chelsea against Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle - and the AI maintained 86-90% pass success all those matches, on the LOWER difficulty (all in exhibition mode). It just seems impossible to influence team styles. If anything, in a football game, with the lower game time, I would expect a pass success LOWER than average/82% or so (say like mid 70's) because there are a lot more attacking passes. But it was very frustrating to see the lack of team individuality even comparing a team like Newcastle to Pool.

@Beachryan I also see a bit of a 'suction' effect where AI defenders almost magically end up alongside you and it almost feels as if the guy you were running with altered his course slightly to bump into the AI defender. But yeah I've had the same thing with literally 3 tackles I made in/near my box ALL ended up in the feet of the AI. I dunno if this is just boosts to AI awareness on World Class but yeah I don't win lose balls much (in fact I can barely remember the last time I did).

The most frustrating part is how your attacking teammate AI just become stupid. You play against Barca and their cpu AI (while not excellent) tend to move forward and make more than one run at a time. But when I play AS barca I see ONE player making a run. I have tried to hold up the ball to allow more guys to come forward while spamming the "player run" button but I rarely see anyone from midfield running in and joining the attack.

The AI just tend to play incredibly deep and conservative all of the time. I have seen once or twice in the games I've played a CB running forward several meters into opposition territory (which is excellent to see) but even when I bumped line height to 53 (or I think I have it at 55?) central midfielders dont seem to want to join the attack consistently. I dunno if I have to bump this more or what.

I feel like I'm coming down with a case of slideritis where I spend more time tweaking sliders rather than playing...

Hey all,

I am having a major issue with this game and am completely stumped. I started a career mode with Leeds to dink around in the CM. I then went to start a NEW career and there is NO option to do so. All you can do is continue your old career.

I deleted out my save for the Leeds career to start a fresh one thinking this may do the trick. So once I delete and get back to the main screen it looks like I can start a new career. I need to go to sleep so I turn off the game before doing so.

I load up tonight and the Career mode is only giving me the option to continue my career with Leeds again. So I click that but now there is no loaded data to play from so it just kicks me back to the main page again.

So basically, I can't play career mode and there doesn't look to be an option to play separate career modes at all.

Am I losing my mind??

Alka

Hey all,

I am having a major issue with this game and am completely stumped. I started a career mode with Leeds to dink around in the CM. I then went to start a NEW career and there is NO option to do so. All you can do is continue your old career.

I deleted out my save for the Leeds career to start a fresh one thinking this may do the trick. So once I delete and get back to the main screen it looks like I can start a new career. I need to go to sleep so I turn off the game before doing so.

I load up tonight and the Career mode is only giving me the option to continue my career with Leeds again. So I click that but now there is no loaded data to play from so it just kicks me back to the main page again.

So basically, I can't play career mode and there doesn't look to be an option to play separate career modes at all.

Am I losing my mind??

Alka

hi where the option is to continue you career highlite it and click right think its with right analouge stick to get to other options such as load or new career.. alot of menus have this now look for the little circles at the bottom to know there are more options to choose on in that area.. i have 3 career modes on the go..

Last edited:

The negative feedback I'm seeing in here appears to come mostly from those playing on PC, very strange.

Is the lag on menus in CM a real game breaker? Just how bad is it?

On the 360 there's no CM menu lag, just a little slower on the squad screen where it loads the pic of each player.

I'm getting way more fouls in 14 than I've ever had in any Fifa game to date, the slower pace plus requirement to keep the ball closer when dribbling combined with the new physicality to play means I get hard and soft fouls in every match.

The menu-lag on ps3 is really bad. On pages with player details (scouted players or single team management), often a single click moves two players down, and the audio even skips sometimes, when moving through menus.

The negative feedback I'm seeing in here appears to come mostly from those playing on PC, very strange.

On the 360 there's no CM menu lag, just a little slower on the squad screen where it loads the pic of each player.

I'm getting way more fouls in 14 than I've ever had in any Fifa game to date, the slower pace plus requirement to keep the ball closer when dribbling combined with the new physicality to play means I get hard and soft fouls in every match.

That's interesting I've seen close to none and only maybe 5 slide tackles from the AI in close to 15 games ..none of which where fouls

PS3 lag is terrible in menus. Really bad.

Thankfully the 360 is nice and quick.

I'm also playing FUT in single player and enjoying it. Just building my team up.

Noticed some bugs in the early release version:

1. Player shows 0 years 0 months on contract, agree pre contract and it says he'll sign July 2014 which is more than 12 months away.

2. During a match I made 1 substitute, then went to make a 2nd and my 7th player on the bench had completely vanished and wasn't available to be brought on.

3. Commentary errors, won a corner and it said it was a throw in (I know a lot of people have reported commentary errors)

If people can report all the bugs they find I'll be happy to collate them to pass on to EA and hopefully improve our chances of a quick fix.

Forgot a pretty big/annoying one:

4. When editing a formation during a match it won't save the custom workrate/movement arrows, workrate will be yellow/medium for every player and there'll be no movement arrows.

5. Severe menu lag when scrolling through CM menus on PS3.

6. Had a penalty saved by the keeper, ref awarded a second penalty for handball by the keeper!

Last edited:

i must be one of the few with a PS3 who has no menu lag on CM its fast for me (playing from the disc)

this games great just wish they put more individuality into the teams and players

Oh, that's just terrific, isn't it? Oh well - too late now. I enjoyed Fifa 13 and I love Fifa 14 demo so hopefully the full game will be the usual time-sink it's always been. :)

Well it was just an observation, maybe I'm wrong, or maybe the PC users who bought the game are somehow more critical of the game because PES is strong on PC (with all the mods) and because of the lack of Ignite on PC? Dunno just speculating :)

Seen a lot of people struggling to find where to edit custom chants this year:

Go here:

VUBejBF.jpg

Then press the right analogue stick to the right once:

s9kh5xY.jpg

Personally I had a nightmare finding where you go to create a custom set piece, so for those like me:

First:

o622kKI.jpg

Then:

oCDRwLj.jpg

Then press the select button (back button on 360) to bring up the training menu.

Nice one Placebo - does seem a bit unnecessarily convoluted. Still, at least you figured it out and told everyone. Game should be here in a few days, so I'll be able to delve into that myself.

Well it was just an observation, maybe I'm wrong, or maybe the PC users who bought the game are somehow more critical of the game because PES is strong on PC (with all the mods) and because of the lack of Ignite on PC? Dunno just speculating

Maybe. Of course, there are mods for Fifa as well - like the Moddingway Patch from last year's game - that was brilliant. Hopefully it won't be too hard for that to be bought across to Fifa 14.

One tweak they definitely need to do with the first proper bug fix/tweak update is increase pitch friction, the ball just rolls and rolls and rolls, maybe now it's winter and the pitches are already showing signs of wear that will improve :)

Playing it on the pc no problems what so ever only difference is that you need to get used to the game like i am so all in all good game :)

What about pre-season - can you stage tours now to certain countries, rather than just having random friendlies?

Back
Top Bottom