FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

can anyone tell me how people do this online? they play a massive long ball from defence on the counter and are through on goal everytime I just had someone with benteke score 4 against me to my 3 well worked goals ..bit frustrating no matter how deep i play i get caught with that 'special ball'

lol just looked i had 68% possesion 9 shots and 3 goals he had 32% 4 shots 4 goals

All you FIFA boys, do you play PC or other version of the game??

PC here - game should arrive in a few days.

From Digital Spy:

Away fans will even boo players who have left the club for greener pastures, which, when combined with potentially heated press conference statements, adds a little flavour to the bigger matches.

So has some work actually been done on the pointless press conference feature this year?

Last edited:

in CM all i have seen is praise, unnerve ect nothing detailed but the skynew bits are ok i lost my first 3 games for newcastle and it said the club thinks it may have made the wrong appointment hah

in CM all i have seen is praise, unnerve ect nothing detailed but the skynew bits are ok i lost my first 3 games for newcastle and it said the club thinks it may have made the wrong appointment hah

OK - press conferences sound exactly the same. What about when you sign a player - anything new there?

i cant compare myself this is the first FIFA i have brought after giving up on PES after 16 years ect

when you sign a player (or bid ect) it shows a diary with the details of the deal and player then when the player accepts or refuses they email you the reasons why

All you FIFA boys, do you play PC or other version of the game??

360 here.

Can anyone recommend some custom chants for Xbox 360 please? Thanks in advance.

I have a pretty decent collection of chants on my PC, they're outdated in terms of leagues as they're from a couple of years ago but they'll do the job, there's also win/lose/score/referee folders with the referee containing five different "bad call" chants which are great IMO.

Can be downloaded here: https://mega.co.nz/#!Sx4SWSBQ!LaSJZS1fFaG-UY-znuiOD15WFGd1tK5vsk64sa6WPJ8

If anyone would like it uploaded elsewhere and/or split rar for slower connections let me know and I'm happy to help :)

I cropped out the sides of the screen just to give a better view of the action as I prefer watching videos like that myself, for anyone who wants to see it like that feel free: https://mega.co.nz/#!i9oXgTIY!BH8dvilw7n8MlFUL5IFt9AHkUYkQj7N5GmYVKqgzBeM

can anyone tell me how people do this online? they play a massive long ball from defence on the counter and are through on goal everytime I just had someone with benteke score 4 against me to my 3 well worked goals ..bit frustrating no matter how deep i play i get caught with that 'special ball'

lol just looked i had 68% possesion 9 shots and 3 goals he had 32% 4 shots 4 goals

Assisted controls nothing magical about it, just hit and hope and it'll work enough times as attackers lock onto it. I've just started playing keep ball when I take the lead to drag more of their players out of position and to run down the clock. If they want to play dirty I'll just play tiki taka :) Even if you're defending well I've found someone will always create at least a couple of chances with the hit hope through balls. So just got to hope my keeper is on form when it happens and if I do concede I've done the job in attack. Going 1-0 down though causes you to chase the game more and play into their hands.

Good grief what have they done? This game is brutal.

Firstly the pitch textures look like they are all smudged to death compared to the crispness of 13, also the players look more cartoon like than ever.

All my players stand around like idiots when the cpu have the ball, and dont move forward when i have it. Compared to 13 this is a pile of utter garbage, i mean seriously what the fuck?

I will say having started a CM campaign - there does appear to be a hidden 'stupidity' setting that gets turned on when you play away from home.

It's remarkable watching my players seem so confused by football - whether it's moving into a sensible position, receiving a pass, tackling or whatever.

I know EA are trying to make it 'hard' to play away, but what ends up happening is the CPU plays exactly the same, but you're players have the mental aptitude of a brussel sprout. It's poor.

on fsb there is a report about a member from operation sports forum called Orion ,who made gameplay slider settings that give a more sim experience.

A.i is dumb on this,. Played soton and they just pissed around with it.

Shocking, shocking game.

Ok, Im being very special today. How the hell do you bid for a player?? I have options to scout and add to shortlist but nothing to buy anyone!. Sorry if its a dim question lol.

Ok guys, back with my tail between my legs. PES is totally unplayable in it's current form, so will just go and buy FIFA to give it another try tomorrow (even though I wasn't a fan of the demo).

What's online like? Will it be hard to find a manual game? Is Ultimate team a bit like Master League Online and can you find manual games on that as well?

Ok, Im being very special today. How the hell do you bid for a player?? I have options to scout and add to shortlist but nothing to buy anyone!. Sorry if its a dim question lol.

Is the transfer window open? If not you definitely can't bid on a player. The other thing stopping you would be if they're on loan.

I'll preface by saying that I've purchased PES and FIFA every year since as long as I can remember. I will admit that I often scoff at FIFA when it comes to offline play, but I purchased FIFA 14 and I'm having a lot of fun. I haven't played FIFA in several months so I started off on World Class with assisted shooting and semi-assisted passing. Scored from 25 yards out (Van Persie) with my first effort on goal. Quickly changed everything to manual except for shooting which I left I semi-assisted. Much better experience. I'm still adjusting the sliders to my liking. I bumped the difficulty down to Professional for a few matches to get used to the game, but I've since reverted back to World Class. Man, the CPU doesn't mess about on World Class! :P Ball feels more "loose" and the additional inertia is a much welcome improvement. Though, I still feel that players kind of pivot/skate around a bit too much.

Is it me, or did FIFA 13 on the PC look better than FIFA 14? Perhaps it was the mods, but the pitch textures look terrible. Why is Martin Tyler drunk? Going on about red cards, hat tricks and substitutions that never actually happened! Anyway, my first proper goal in FIFA 14 felt good.
YouTube - FIFA 14 - PC

Ok guys, back with my tail between my legs. PES is totally unplayable in it's current form, so will just go and buy FIFA to give it another try tomorrow (even though I wasn't a fan of the demo).

What's online like? Will it be hard to find a manual game? Is Ultimate team a bit like Master League Online and can you find manual games on that as well?

Misread your post. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the pace of Ultimate Team matches is much quicker than other online modes. Don't they set the speed to, "fast?" You're not going to see a lot of "proper" football being played, especially on manual controls. People play to win. You're going to see people use players that have a lot of pace and 5 star skill moves.

I saw this comment on another forum. No wonder I enjoy FIFA this year.

Think it's telling that the game ended 0-0. Not just because it's two guys not used to FIFA... but it's gone so far towards simulation that people introduced to the game for the first time are going to be facing a steep learning curve. The penalties are a good example by not displaying the controls... think most FIFA players can agree to the fact that it takes trial and error before you realise that the left stick moves the keeper and the right stick dives.

Nowhere near arcadey as the old games, which is good for football fans... but I found the demo for this to be overly simulation-like and pretty slow and boring. I think 13 had a great blend of fast-paced gameplay with enough real-world traits.

Last edited:

Is the transfer window open? If not you definitely can't bid on a player. The other thing stopping you would be if they're on loan.

Yep im in August, clicked on about 15 different players but still no bid option, what the hell is going on!!

Edit: figured it out, its because ive turned off transfer window for first season. Thought it was just for comp teams,not my team aswell. Gonna have to restart now and turn that option off!

Last edited:

Very minor complaint, but one that seems to have persisted over the years. Why don't players wear long sleeves/gloves when I play winter matches? :THINK: It's irking me.

Hey guys, can anyone who has played UT tell me how the speed of the game is? last year UT felt alot faster than seasons which resulted in sprintfests, i really like the UT concept but this put me off last year and i stuck to playing online seasons mode, how is UT this year? is it all about pacewhoring like last year?

thanks

Misread your post. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the pace of Ultimate Team matches is much quicker than other online modes. Don't they set the speed to, "fast?" You're not going to see a lot of "proper" football being played, especially on manual controls. People play to win. You're going to see people use players that have a lot of pace and 5 star skill moves.

Gamespeed is the same for UT as it is for every other game mode. The reason UT matches can be even quicker is because of the stat boosts players receive from chemistry.

Since the PS3 version of CM has terribly laggy menus, I've been playing UT single player and having a blast. Online UT matches might be something else entirely.

Very minor complaint, but one that seems to have persisted over the years. Why don't players wear long sleeves/gloves when I play winter matches? :THINK: It's irking me.

They do if they're assigned to wear long sleeves and/or gloves for winter, just look in the edit player options you'll see who has them set.

Back
Top Bottom