FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

Noticed some bugs in the early release version:

1. Player shows 0 years 0 months on contract, agree pre contract and it says he'll sign July 2014 which is more than 12 months away.

2. During a match I made 1 substitute, then went to make a 2nd and my 7th player on the bench had completely vanished and wasn't available to be brought on.

3. Commentary errors, won a corner and it said it was a throw in (I know a lot of people have reported commentary errors)

If people can report all the bugs they find I'll be happy to collate them to pass on to EA and hopefully improve our chances of a quick fix.

Forgot a pretty big/annoying one:

4. When editing a formation during a match it won't save the custom workrate/movement arrows, workrate will be yellow/medium for every player and there'll be no movement arrows.

OK, I've pretty much heard enough to convince me to buy the game. The official release date is tomorrow here, but if I buy it digitally, will I be able to install it now, so it's ready to go tomorrow? :)

I might have just done something wrong - but I selected 'download latest rosters' for my Career Mode experience (with United) but transfers weren't there.

To be fair, my scouts immedieately recommended Fellaini and I did the deal, but seemed odd.

Thoughts so far:

PES has ruined my dribbling ability. I'm now using RT in all the wrong ways.

Through balls can still be devastating. I'll have to use sliders to get the CPU's back line deeper, cause a couple one touch passes and it's not hard to release a winger through.

Headers are probably too easy. I've scored quite a few, as has the CPU, and it looks like the attacker has too much of an advantage over the defender.

Shooting has felt much better to me so far. Less 'scripted' and feels like I score when I should, give the keeper a chance when I don't do enough.

I might have just done something wrong - but I selected 'download latest rosters' for my Career Mode experience (with United) but transfers weren't there.

To be fair, my scouts immedieately recommended Fellaini and I did the deal, but seemed odd.

Thoughts so far:

PES has ruined my dribbling ability. I'm now using RT in all the wrong ways.

Through balls can still be devastating. I'll have to use sliders to get the CPU's back line deeper, cause a couple one touch passes and it's not hard to release a winger through.

Headers are probably too easy. I've scored quite a few, as has the CPU, and it looks like the attacker has too much of an advantage over the defender.

Shooting has felt much better to me so far. Less 'scripted' and feels like I score when I should, give the keeper a chance when I don't do enough.

when you started your career did you select the option for default squads by mistake? its on the page where it gives you the choice to play euro cups in the 1st season

my problem is im too good for professional but terrible at world class, they hammer me..

Placebo will you be doing any sliders this year for fifa 14 mate i play on pro and semi assisted controls mate loved your sliders for 13 :)

Yep I will, slowly getting my game back to a decent (ish) level and working out how the game plays best :)

Loving how you can really force the AI to pass backwards, run towards their own goal, pass back to the keeper, hoof out of play in panic etc, it's great especially when they play it back to the keeper as the AI keepers tend to make some very costly errors, including this one here against me:

YouTube - Fifa 14 Xbox 360: AI GK clanger

Forgot a pretty big/annoying one:

4. When editing a formation during a match it won't save the custom workrate/movement arrows, workrate will be yellow/medium for every player and there'll be no movement arrows.

2 very annoying bugs:

- Custom Chants are incredibly loud. I use the same files as last year and the audio option for custom chants to lower the volume does not have any effect. I cannot use them at the moment

- Menus in career mode are very slow. Changing formation is almost impossible.

I am playing on PS3 and have the latest update from today

People with the full game, can you please answer me this.

Last year when I was playing CM, all the players I bought just had to have pace and if you was an attacking player, ball control too.

So I bought Marvell Wynne and Julius James from the USA Leagues because they were very quick, especially Wynne, but everything else was crap on him. However I was able to contain Messi and other top strikers.

Is this going to be the sort of same deal here? I guess what I'm trying to say is that if I put Aaron Lennon in defence, am I going to be crucified? (I hope so!) or can I am going to deal with attackers because the game again is just so dependant on pace?

Thank you for any replies.

2 very annoying bugs:

- Custom Chants are incredibly loud. I use the same files as last year and the audio option for custom chants to lower the volume does not have any effect. I cannot use them at the moment

I wouldn't call that one a bug, last year custom chants were too quiet so required editing to an insanely loud DB, this year they seem better when used at a normal DB, I have mine working very nicely, just took 30 seconds work in MP3 gain :)

People with the full game, can you please answer me this.

Last year when I was playing CM, all the players I bought just had to have pace and if you was an attacking player, ball control too.

So I bought Marvell Wynne and Julius James from the USA Leagues because they were very quick, especially Wynne, but everything else was crap on him. However I was able to contain Messi and other top strikers.

Is this going to be the sort of same deal here? I guess what I'm trying to say is that if I put Aaron Lennon in defence, am I going to be crucified? (I hope so!) or can I am going to deal with attackers because the game again is just so dependant on pace?

Thank you for any replies.

Pace is not abused this year, at least not against the CPU. I´m loving the establish in the offense zone, it´s something that was missing in previous fifa´s and that magically changes the gameplay finishing with the constants counter-attacks for the full 90 minutes!

Can anyone recommend some custom chants for Xbox 360 please? Thanks in advance.

thanks placebo I had a little mess around with the sliders and on legendary I lost to aston villa as newcastle 3-2 but I felt like I could compete unlike before good stuff!

here melody-mae this is the best fan chant site on the web I reckon

http://www.fanchants.co.uk/

you have to register but it only takes a minute (no spam ect) it has thousands of chants and you can search by team and style of chants (funny,losing,vintage ect) enjoy

It's called Sylvan Ebanks-Blake syndrome ;)

I'd recommend world class with adjusted sliders, tweak the CPU's passing speed, passing error, first touch error, marking and shooting.

I got the game yesterday, definitely need these sliders tweaked haha - I hope you release your first version of sliders soon mate :)

Interesting article:

http://www.videogamer.com/features/article/why_fifa_is_better_than_pes.html

especially this bit:
Football can be beautiful, it can be hideous, whatever it takes to win. FIFA 14 will pit you against teams that park the bus, punt it forward, and play with a flair only seen in a 1970s Brazil shirt - it's up to you to adapt.

Does Fifa 14 really bring to the table the Holy Grail of having teams play noticeably differently to each other?

Sigh.

Playing BAP and in only my second match, the AI passes to the goalkeeper...

http://bit.ly/1aspFVZ

That's terrible, and it's actually an issue I've seen a few times elsewhere on the pitch - players not responding to a ball played at them or near them. This has always been an issue in football games, but for whatever reason it seems a little worse this year than in previous FIFAs.

Maybe Placebo should add it to his bug report. I've mentioned this exact issue in the gameplay feedback thread on the official forums, but this video is a fantastic example and the devs ought to see it.

Interesting article:

http://www.videogamer.com/features/article/why_fifa_is_better_than_pes.html

especially this bit:

Does Fifa 14 really bring to the table the Holy Grail of having teams play noticeably differently to each other?

I've noticed more variety among teams but there' still a lot of matches that feel too similar.

New patch for FIFA on PC at least just came out about an hour ago for me. The difference in gameplay online at least is pretty huge. Don't think I had a game with more than 55% possession using Barca vs Madrid for the last 3 days.

Only had two quick matches but lofted through balls are no way near as accurate as they were by my opponents and I've had 65+ possession in both matches, crossing is also easier to over hit now. Having said that people will adjust to the changes and there's enough speed in that Madrid side to start annoying me again as 5* teams are what I like to use online.

thanks placebo I had a little mess around with the sliders and on legendary I lost to aston villa as newcastle 3-2 but I felt like I could compete unlike before good stuff!

here melody-mae this is the best fan chant site on the web I reckon

http://www.fanchants.co.uk/

you have to register but it only takes a minute (no spam ect) it has thousands of chants and you can search by team and style of chants (funny,losing,vintage ect) enjoy

Thank-you :BOP:

I wouldn't call that one a bug, last year custom chants were too quiet so required editing to an insanely loud DB, this year they seem better when used at a normal DB, I have mine working very nicely, just took 30 seconds work in MP3 gain :)

ok, but why is the slider in the option not affecting the volume of the chants at all?
some guys in the EA forum reported the same thing

ok, but why is the slider in the option not affecting the volume of the chants at all?
some guys in the EA forum reported the same thing

It does for me, but you need to set them to around 70 with MP3 gain, it's possible at a certain level the slider has virtually no impact (last year they had to be set to around 105 with mp3 gain).

Looks great.

Re Fifa 14

Had a few more frendlies last night and this game is pure joy.
For me its taken EA since 1993 to get it right but they have with this.
I love the weight of the through balls and passing in general.
Some really nice animations in this as well.
My son and I will be doing some 2v2 online tonight.
Really great game.

I'm just cruising through FUT as single player for the moment. Enjoying it.

Scored a briliant goal with Soldado yesterday which I'll hopefully upload once I've sorted it from my Replay Theatre. Ball was lofted to him just inside my own half from the fullback and he first time back-heel volleyed it as it was coming down to Isco, who then played a first time over the top ball back through for him. He ran away from the defender and curled it beautifully with his instep into the top corner.

The backheel pass was just sublime.

Sorry, but I am not one bit impressed.

They say grass looks nice? Seriously? Haven't they seen PES 2014 one (the most realistic grass I have seen yet)?

What is more pissing me off here though, is EA saying PCs aren't able to handle Ignite. Sorry, that's bullshit and they know it!

It looks only SLIGHTLY better than CG version. Heck from gameplay it does not look different to CG at all O_O.

And mind you, FIFA on console looks miles worse than same FIFA on PC. Had my mate switch from console (PS3) to PC FIFA (14 demo) and he couldn't believe there is such big difference...

And looking at above vid... Just made me frustrated :P.

I'm just cruising through FUT as single player for the moment. Enjoying it.

Scored a briliant goal with Soldado yesterday which I'll hopefully upload once I've sorted it from my Replay Theatre. Ball was lofted to him just inside my own half from the fullback and he first time back-heel volleyed it as it was coming down to Isco, who then played a first time over the top ball back through for him. He ran away from the defender and curled it beautifully with his instep into the top corner.

The backheel pass was just sublime.

Look forward to seeing that.

Picked it up from Game this mornign at 8am and had a quick go.

Amazing as most have said. Best FIFA hands down. Playing on SLOW, Manual passing (semi shooting) its just superb.

Probably the best thing for me so far is the runs off the ball. In older FIFAs, if you had the ball about 35-40 yards out, your attackers just lined up on the edge of the box and you *could* pump a ball into the middle and hope you got it.

But in the game I was playing earlier (Southend v Colchester), I had the ball in that area, put my foot on it, and my forward ran toward the box, then curled away between 2 defenders. I spotted the run and did a dinked through ball that he stretched out to shoot for, but he just missed it and it went out for a GK.

But it looked so realistic, just spotting the run.

Also love how sprinting is now much more difficult - FINALLY! Its made sprinting almost a skill move, which is how it should be. Watch a real life game and players vary rarely sprint with the ball. In older FIFAs, you could sprint with anyone and it used to annoy the sh*t out of me - now, even with fairly decent players, you sprint, you have a much higher risk of losing control and losing the ball.

Its brilliant, just how it should be. It encourages thought and creating space by not just holding down dash, but by being clever - finding space, bit of slow dribbling, shielding, knocking it around.

Cant say how great this is!

Also cant believe I've got to work all day!! ARGH!!!!

And mind you, FIFA on console looks miles worse than same FIFA on PC. Had my mate switch from console (PS3) to PC FIFA (14 demo) and he couldn't believe there is such big difference...

How big was the rock that your mate has been under for the last x amount of years? PC will always, always be far superior to consoles. So they should, they have interchangeable components and can be updated weekly to suit the requirements of the software.

That doesn't detract from the fact that consoles are games machines primarily, and what you don't know won't hurt you. ie don't play PC games and you won't get too upset.

Back
Top Bottom