FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

You managed to unlock the preload then?

Yep, used a different tool for that as those free VPN's never worked. Grab the FlyVPN program, select a USA server and then load Origin. Worked straight away.

Yep, used a different tool for that as those free VPN's never worked. Grab the FlyVPN program, select a USA server and then load Origin. Worked straight away.
Yep, did the same and worked. At least I will be able to play a day earlier.

1 win, 1 draw and 3 loses right now. Getting used to H2H seasons. My only complaint is Mertesacker is fucking useless against pacey players, as always...

Yep, did the same and worked. At least I will be able to play a day earlier.

1 win, 1 draw and 3 loses right now. Getting used to H2H seasons. My only complaint is Mertesacker is fucking useless against pacey players, as always...

Take that up with Wenger, not EA! LOL

Got the game today and ı am surprised..It's a fresh air after Fifa 13 crap..180 degree turns are even slower than Pes 14..There are some unrealistic moments aswell but this game is definitely more realistic than 13 which made me hate Fifa series ı used to love..It's too early to talk but at least ı have some hopes for Next-gen Fifa again...

I've played five full matches on the early release game and have to say that it's the best footy game I've ever played. EA really tried to make the best representation of football as it is in real life, meaning scrappy games with sometimes end to end stuff and sometimes boring matches with few chances. Absolutely love it! I'm also happy that they didn't change much from the early build I got to play a month ago. :)

As for the settings, I play semi-assisted on world class with slow speed. and the only slider I changed was the passing error of the CPU to 62

I was pleased to notice weak foot simulation works much better, ie first time passes with the weaker foot of a player tend to go much more astray.

Hi Placebo any chance of sharing with us your current slider set up? I get the game tomorrow and would love to start with your settings :)

Also cheers to the Fellow Toffee for the Goodison photos!

One thing that is irking me slightly is that "new" outside of the foot shot which was highlighted by Messi in the promo vids. It seems if you are through on goal coming in on your weak foot that animation shot is very common.

I'd actually like it if you could hold a button (maybe one of the triggers) which will force a shot with the weaker foot. That would be nice.

If the full game is at a similar tempo to the demo, then this is going to be a great year for Fifa - I am having some amazing games on the demo.

One thing that is irking me slightly is that "new" outside of the foot shot which was highlighted by Messi in the promo vids. It seems if you are through on goal coming in on your weak foot that animation shot is very common.

I'd actually like it if you could hold a button (maybe one of the triggers) which will force a shot with the weaker foot. That would be nice.

Just make a finesse shot, Scutch.

Scored a nice goal with Sturridge against my younger brother, where he was through on goal.
Coming in on his weak foot I finesse it, and he made a nice shot just over the arm off Cech. Looked awesome.

Just make a finesse shot, Scutch.

Scored a nice goal with Sturridge against my younger brother, where he was through on goal.
Coming in on his weak foot I finesse it, and he made a nice shot just over the arm off Cech. Looked awesome.

Yeah, fair point mate, but sometimes you just want to smash your foot through it. I'm not saying the outside of the foot shot is poor, because it's a lovely looking strike, but sometimes it's a little unrealistic.

If the full game is at a similar tempo to the demo, then this is going to be a great year for Fifa - I am having some amazing games on the demo.

The final game is as fast as the Roadrunner! Online is a mess, complete and utter bollocks! Run fest as terrible as ever...

@Nik - Offline is messed up too? They should've kept the demo tempo, should have.

The final game is as fast as the Roadrunner! Online is a mess, complete and utter bollocks! Run fest as terrible as ever...

I'm confused. Some say it's slower, some say faster, some say just right...

Edit: What about offline? I don't play online, so as long as offline's speed is good or can be made good with sliders, I'm fine.

Last edited:

i usually play it on slow, but for fifa 14 been playing on normal. seems slower to me.

I'm confused. Some say it's slower, some say faster, some say just right...
Emotional engine coding (CPU boost programming)... It was not in the demo which is why the demo plays at such a BEAUTIFUL and even pace from start to finish. And which is why I'm sticking with the demo super patch (all teams, all stadiums) for now.

If there is any difference to the demo for me its the AI seemed a bit more random on the demo but the speed on slow for me is perfect

online is very slow pace in seasons online and had no lag at all, played 20 odd games and have only come across one idiot who spammed balls over the top but I have had some amazing matches some guy chose shakhtar donetsk and I was Everton we drew 1-1 but we both played slow paced build up play short passing ect it was like a game of chess :LOL:

coming from PES this year and playing my first FIFA game apart from matches around a mates house I honestly think this is the best video game of football there has been ok its not perfect but its closer than any other game on CG

anyone who thinks online is bad on FIFA go play PES 2014 online it truly is the worst ever you have to see it to believe it

About the tempo:

In the full game on Slow I'm very satisfied with the tempo. I can see why there are differing opinions about it, I think I know why. The actual pace seems slightly faster than the demo. However, the controls have been tightened and the dribbling, especially the shielding, feels a lot less clunky. Because of that, I'm able to control the tempo of the game better. So it's a strange mix of the game being faster but enabling it to be played more thoughtfully. I would still like to see it slowed down a bit but I'm not at all unhappy with where it is right now.

Has anyone got stuck into CM yet? Does it feel any different to last year and does the commentary mention things happening off the pitch? Last year's game annoyed me by doing that only with 'Matchday' matches, but not CM matches which I found very strange.

Edit: This is annoying - pretty much everyone seems to have put a £5 price hike on the PC version; some places have raised the price by £10! What's the cheapest price anyone has found for the PC version? It's usually £24.99 - has been for years - now most people are doing it for £31-£34.99.

coming from PES this year and playing my first FIFA game apart from matches around a mates house I honestly think this is the best video game of football there has been ok its not perfect but its closer than any other game on CG

Have you played Fifa 13 - if so, did you like it?

Last edited:

Edit: This is annoying - pretty much everyone seems to have put a £5 price hike on the PC version; some places have raised the price by £10! What's the cheapest price anyone has found for the PC version? It's usually £24.99 - has been for years - now most people are doing it for £31-£34.99.

Dags posted cheapest but this is the cheapest in which you wouldn't need vpn for i think :-
£24.99

Has anyone got stuck into CM yet? Does it feel any different to last year and does the commentary mention things happening off the pitch? Last year's game annoyed me by doing that only with 'Matchday' matches, but not CM matches which I found very strange.

It mentions loads of new stuff, really impressed with it, 2nd league match (3rd match in total inc a league cup 1st round match) they mention Nuhiu being a new signing and already scoring 4 goals and Smithy mentioned that he was on fire right now, when it's someone's debut it mentions them a couple of times during the match. Oh just remembered as well they mention when someone's talking about retiring.

When you add up all the layers of commentary together Jeff Stelling pre match + Martin Tyler & Alan Smith during the match with main commentary then what's his face doing the injury updates, Jeff Stelling with half time and fulltime summaries then what's his face reading out the vidi printer scores, fantastic really, I know commentary isn't for everyone but for me it's absolutely crucial for the game's overall enjoyment and Fifa's commentary is second to none.

Dags posted cheapest but this is the cheapest in which you wouldn't need vpn for i think :-
£24.99

£24.99 - that's more like it. Is that site reliable and trustworthy? :) And will there be any issues ordering from the UK? How are they able to sell the game £5 less than anyone else? Surely it's not just because there's no disc or box (there's never anything in the box these days).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom