FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

So, yeah, you've probably seen this, but in case you haven't seen it, here's how crappy Goodison Park look (at least in case of distance between pitch and crowd);

fifa132012111600592195.png

I don't think there'll be any, can't even play professional/all manual, PES broke me :(

:SHOCK:

Didn´t try playing on professional full manual yet but i´m really thinking the game is more dificult than previous years on Top Player. Maybe the game is even playable for me against CPU this year, but too soon to tell...

Anyway, you can try making some sliders for professional. If this year the AI don´t loose the ball so easily on Professional is possible to play full manual on that difficulty. I always though that at this level the CPU boosts is not so hight or maybe doesn´t exist, but their offense too easy make it unplayable in previous versions, i´ll give it a try in 14.

So, yeah, you've probably seen this, but in case you haven't seen it, here's how crappy Goodison Park look (at least in case of distance between pitch and crowd);

fifa132012111600592195.png

Thanks mate but I am 98% sure that screenshot is from the Goodison Park created by Svence for PC FIFA13. The Goodison he made was actually quite amazing, but I'd love to see the version created by EA for FIFA14 :D

Ah, ok, so I might be wrong, then! I'm downloading the game now through easy access, so will have a look, take a pic, and post on here as soon as I can (the pitch to crowd-problem is one of my incredibly nerdy niggles with football games in general, haha). :)

Come to think of it. A Norwegian newspaper did a "ask the FIFA developers a question"-thingie a few weeks back, and I asked one of the guys this;

Is the distance between the pitch and the stands in the stadiums still as big as it were in Fifa 13? Especially when playing on a pitch like White Hart Lane, you totally lost the feeling of playing there, because the stands were too far from the pitch, when it in reality is incredibly close to the pitch.

And the reply I got;

Sebastian Enrique
13:24:24
This year, we are addressing many of those distances (pitch to stand) in many of the stadiums. I can't tell you on top of my head how many or which ones, but you will find a much better experience this year.

--

So, fingers crossed! :) Link to the whole ordeal;
http://live.dagbladet.no/studio/snakkmedfifa14utviklerne

CM menu is really laggy for me. What have they done to player acquisition with this new scouting system?

The difficulty is considerably higher than previous FIFAs, I was getting my ass handed to me on World Class and had to drop down to Professional for the first time ever.

Gameplay wise the keepers are strange, punching crosses they could easily grab but at least I haven't had one rush out for a cross and miss it like in 13. Pace has been nerfed but yet the CPU still catch up ridiculously easy to much quicker players.

Defending is even worse than before. Player switching is terrible and my defen
ders just stand there and let the opposition striker head in unmarked all the time. Why is there no CPU defender challenging for the ball like in old PES?

Tackling is almost non existing, so many times I've had the CPU virtually run through my players. And often when you do tackle them the ball runs loose straight back to the CPU.

Not sure what they've done to dribbling but its horrible now. Can barely beat anyone for toffee for some reason.

The ball still doesnt feel "free", clearances and loose balls go straight to the opposition.

The CPU still plays keep ball around the penalty area for some reason.

On the plus side, deflections seem improved and I think shooting is better than previous games.
The game is better on Professional when the CPU isnt using these ex

I made a menus video for anyone who feels their CM menus are slow:

YouTube - Fifa14menus

Unless your vid makes it look faster than it really is for you, your menus are WAY faster than my experience on the PS3.

I think I'm still going to buy the retail for the PS3, but if it's not significantly improved then I'll be returning it for the 360 version.

The only reason I'm trying to get it for the PS3 is so that things will carry-over to the PS4. But it's not worth it to me if CM is such a poor experience.

Default, I'm getting battered, I think playing PES for the last 4 months or so has ruined me for Fifa :( On Fifa13 I play all manual, legendary, adjusted sliders, on Fifa 14 I tried World Class all manual, got battered, just changed to Professional all manual, got battered, either 14 is way harder than 13 or I just became really, really bad at the game!

I don't think it's got anything to do with PES (or not much at least). I'm finding FIfA 14 quite a bit more difficult than 13. Hell, I'm finding it a challenge on Professional.

The default setting even on what used to be the closest views is now super far away and if you zoom to the max, 20, the view is still further away than what that camera would have been fully zoomed out last year. Literally, on a 65" tv, zoomed in to the max, the players are 3/4 inch tall.

Please, talk about a massive exaggeration. I'm playing on a 42" hdtv, with default camera settings, and players are quite a bit larger than 3/4".

I hate it TBH, and no it can't be turned off sadly, it now means you spend hours and hours just trying to find someone to sign, absolute tedium.

Fortunately there's a solution, Fifa Scout 13 on the Android store (presumably this'll be updated for 14).

Yeah, in the past a part of me has always felt a little guilty when I've used online player databases to help scout players for CM. I don't think that'll be the case this year.

Which only highlights why this was such a stupid addition - why add a massive feature that so many people will basically ignore? I dunno, maybe we'll come around, but right now the global scouting network seems like a pretty major development error.

Please, talk about a massive exaggeration. I'm playing on a 42" hdtv, with default camera settings, and players are quite a bit larger than 3/4".

On 1080p on the far side of the screen they are tiny. Whether some people don't care or not, taking away the option to have the same close views as previous years is a joke.

yeah i agree on the cameras, shocking decision to change dynamic camera although on the PC the camera mod fixes this somewhat

I have bought this this year for £17 via a brazil proxy so decent value all pre loaded and ready to try later tonight after work using a us proxy :)

However PES is very addictive this year regardless of its faults, first time since 08 that i have played and enjoyed PES

Which only highlights why this was such a stupid addition - why add a massive feature that so many people will basically ignore? I dunno, maybe we'll come around, but right now the global scouting network seems like a pretty major development error.

In the manual search you should still be able to search for the stuff you could essentially find on wiki, height, strong foot, approximate value etc. So say I'm after a new young CB I should be able to search say CB, right footed, >6' 2", £0-£1m, and then I see a few basic stats but need the scouting to refine if it's a player I want to buy.

Unless your vid makes it look faster than it really is for you, your menus are WAY faster than my experience on the PS3.

Nope that's definitely how they are on 360, very smooth IMO.

Played more career mode, and really enjoyed it. Put things more back to manual, and a few slider tweaks have made it better.

Another annoying thing, I scouted in Chile, not a single player who was found had a photo, all black silhouettes, what's the point of that? Hate those players, looks shit, at least give them a 2d render same as how it's done for created players/VP.

I'm Happy with the sound of scouting :-)

and the silhouettes don't bother me, but it would be better with the 2d render, I agree. Hopefully will get this at the weekend.

Another annoying thing, I scouted in Chile, not a single player who was found had a photo, all black silhouettes, what's the point of that? Hate those players, looks shit, at least give them a 2d render same as how it's done for created players/VP.

Massive fan of your sliders Placebo, I really hope you create some magic with your suggested tweaks again this year - you made FIFA13 are more enjoyable experience and replicated the pace of the English Premier League beautifully :)

I must say I love the looks of new menus. Didn't like them in demo as such, but saw Career mode menus and WOW. They are nailed perfectly! So organized O_O.

Well I could release a slider set for Professional+semi controls but that feels shameful! ;)

That would actually suit me perfectly!! :D
Why not release a beta version of your sliders now with your current settings and just update it as you see fit. That at least means many of us get to enjoy the game more via your clever tweaking :)

I'm happy to say I was wrong about Goodison Park! One of the sides look pretty nice, stand close to the pitch, I'm a bit more uncertain of the other side, if this is how it really is at Goodison, but anyway, a lot better than suspected. Have a look. :)

uGMfQai.jpg

aB6INk7.jpg

Review doesn't even mention career mode, beyond mentioning it's one of the modes, pathetic.

Same as the Eurogamer review. Spoke 90% about ultimate team and that was it. 8/10.

The reviewer gave PES 9/10 and had obviously already decided weeks in advance that he was going to rate PES higher regardless as he wrote an article saying "Why I'm switching to PES this year" in like July. So he was hardly going to rate FIFA higher.

Sad as I like Eurogamer generally.

I've only played a few games for now, playing on game speed "slow", and I have to say I have a great first impression! Loving it so far. All of the goals that I've scored and conceded have felt right, in my opinion. Commentary is fantastic (nigth and day compared to PES), stadium atmosphere is great, gameplay seems solid so far (I'm playing on world class, and really have to work to create chances). Chuffed! :D

YouTube - FIFA 14 Gameplay - Liverpool vs Arsenal

Is this how most play vs AI? No build up, but pace pace pace, run at AI defense and try to score? Why are such guys invited for FIFA events O_O.

I still see FIFA is very end-to-end action game. Or is it just my impression? Placebo please tell me this is not the case and AI do pass the ball around or... Backwards if needed.

Back
Top Bottom