FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

Well, it could've been a lot worse. It's a lot better from last year anyway. :)

SoHRzfZ.jpg

Have they ruined the retail version? Or is the "great" gameplay from the demo still there?

Hope that CM problem isnt just PS3 then, that'd be shite.

Interface looks good though! Cant wait to get stuck in. :)

I made a menus video for anyone who feels their CM menus are slow:

YouTube - Fifa14menus

Did you buy those players in the market or edit the squad?

Was hoping for a bit of realism in career, so basically Mike Ashley never opens his wallet and Pardew keeps claiming a player returning from suspension/injury is like a new signing.

This is just from the demo, but during my time playing it I actually felt like making an extra pass was useful. Sure I could throw a ball over the top, but I couldn't just turn and chip a through ball, I needed to actually pull a defender to open it up. Maybe that was just me though, I don't know. I also don't feel the need to sprint everywhere, but to use it as a change of pace.
The only things I didn't like were how easy defenders/CPU would run from behind you to take the ball, basically pushing you off no matter what. But again that could be me doing something terribly wrong.
Headers seemed a lot easier as well, a lot more connections, a lot more goals. I think realistically 75% of my goals were from headers, my first 6 goals (in the demo) were from corners (4) and open play (2).

Going to preorder/purchase the game today, since I wont be getting an XBox One until December or later, depending how things go!

I havent noticed a problem with headers im playing mostly offline (world class) and the CM menus are a tad slow but nothing major that seems to be happening with others although I did notice a bit more stutter when i used my own playlist so I set it back to the game one.

Coming over to this game from PES is actually enjoyable since Im discovering new things every time I play it I have PES but dont feel like playing it im enjoying CM too much.

a quick question is there any PS3 game save editors like PES has so you can assign licenced stadiums to other teams?

Did you buy those players in the market or edit the squad?

Oh don't worry I added them in myself, my proper CM is always with Sheffield Wednesday so I never get to use good players, hence my playing around with Newcastle and adding some world class players :)

Placebo, how are hidden attributes in scouting implemented?
Can that be turned off?

I hate it TBH, and no it can't be turned off sadly, it now means you spend hours and hours just trying to find someone to sign, absolute tedium.

Fortunately there's a solution, Fifa Scout 13 on the Android store (presumably this'll be updated for 14).

Default, I'm getting battered, I think playing PES for the last 4 months or so has ruined me for Fifa :( On Fifa13 I play all manual, legendary, adjusted sliders, on Fifa 14 I tried World Class all manual, got battered, just changed to Professional all manual, got battered, either 14 is way harder than 13 or I just became really, really bad at the game!

Default, I'm getting battered, I think playing PES for the last 4 months or so has ruined me for Fifa :( On Fifa13 I play all manual, legendary, adjusted sliders, on Fifa 14 I tried World Class all manual, got battered, just changed to Professional all manual, got battered, either 14 is way harder than 13 or I just became really, really bad at the game!

Me too. I'm putting it down to being 30 and 20 years of gaming skills have diminished.

I am now playing on assisted and winning, and I feel dirty for doing that.

I used to be all manual except passing. Just find it too hard on FIFA 14 now.

I found a pic of goodison, but sad to say it doesn't look good. Stands far far from the pitch. Will post pics later.

I found a pic of goodison, but sad to say it doesn't look good. Stands far far from the pitch. Will post pics later.

Why the hell do EA do that all the time? Are they incapable of recognising from photographs/videos what the distance from the stands should be?

I bet this crap continues into 'NG' as well.

Was going to buy the game but even playing it on a 65" HDTV on the closest camera angle fully zoomed in, you can't see to make a tackle the far side of the field. It would not have hurt EA just to have ONE closer camera angle. No way I'm buying this game now.

Have they changed something about the camera angles since the demo then? I was able to play without too many problems on a 26 inch TV - quite a distance away as well. Not perfect, but playable.

Have they changed something about the camera angles since the demo then? I was able to play without too many problems on a 26 inch TV - quite a distance away as well. Not perfect, but playable.

Demo was the same cameras as last years version, perfectly playable. Now, I'm not sure if I have ants on my tv screen on the far side of the field. You have to be careful in daytime with shade because you literally can barely see who's on what team as they go from sun to shadow.

Only played about 30 mins Career Mode and already found a very annoying bug, found a player showing as 0 years 0 months left on their contract (LM from Spurs), so basically they're out of contract right? Agreed pre-contract with him and it said he'll join me when his contract expires in July 2014 :(

Only played about 30 mins Career Mode and already found a very annoying bug, found a player showing as 0 years 0 months left on their contract (LM from Spurs), so basically they're out of contract right? Agreed pre-contract with him and it said he'll join me when his contract expires in July 2014 :(

I think that happened in previous versions too. I'm pretty sure I had players with negative time left, and oculdn't work out how to resign and what not.

How is the game playing? Better than 13?

Demo was the same cameras as last years version, perfectly playable. Now, I'm not sure if I have ants on my tv screen on the far side of the field. You have to be careful in daytime with shade because you literally can barely see who's on what team as they go from sun to shadow.

Oh well. Sounds like I'll be sitting up at my PC playing then instead of what I had planned - relaxing on my bed.

Definitely no biggie, but has anyone noticed whether the ball runs down the small slope at the edge of the pitch? It did so in Fifa 12 at places like Old Trafford, but then they removed that in Fifa 13 so it looks as though it just hovers. Looks a bit weird; no biggie, as I said though.

I think that happened in previous versions too. I'm pretty sure I had players with negative time left, and oculdn't work out how to resign and what not.

How is the game playing? Better than 13?

Yeah but that was a bug with generated players, this is a "proper" player.

Really hoping the calendar is fixed this year, got a feeling it wont be though. Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom