FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

Hey, if one of you have access to the early release, can you please check some players for me - if they are in the team squad?

Chelsea - Andreas Christensen
Tottenham - Christian Eriksen
AS Monaco - Jakob Poulsen
Sampdoria - Simon Poulsen
Seattle Sounders - Philip Lund
Bury - Brian Jensen

Thanks!

Stop playing the game and post more feedback. I need to decide whether to buy it this year or not

For those asking, CM menu lag is very much a problem. Squad screen has been the worst for me (on 360).

Help us then - which modes are you planning on playing?

I play mostly Pro clubs but I already know there's nothing new in that mode. More after general gameplay. How much difference has the dribbling and responsiveness changed from the demo in terms of turning

I have 4000 coins and I want to buy the 'edit player in career mode' in the shop section within the game but it has a picture of a lock on it and I cant purchase it even though I have enough coins??

I am led to believe the early access version has everything the full game has any ideas? if not does edit player in the main menus keep the changes you make in career mode?

LOL rly - as soon as the clock strikes 80 min every team suddenly changes tactics - but they won't do it before, even when down more than 1 goal? Haha

What do you want them to do, sit back and let you win? Yes it's a basic way of implementing a last ditch effort to win (because the AI is incapable of making tactical changes beyond mentality adjustments) but to say it's unrealistic is silly.

Played a bit of CM and the menus seem fine to me, much faster than previous Fifa, sure there's a small delay when you're scrolling through screens with player photos but nothing too bad.

Played a bit of CM and the menus seem fine to me, much faster than previous Fifa, sure there's a small delay when you're scrolling through screens with player photos but nothing too bad.

Really? Much faster than previous FIFAs? Wow, that's nothing like my experience on the PS3. It's laggy as hell. Sometimes it's so slow to load I think it's frozen. And team management in CM is miserable - because it's so laggy I've had trouble simply selecting a player to swap.

Well, at least it's not just me - loads of people complaining of CM menu lag elsewhere. Maybe it's just a PS3 thing, cause there's certainly people out there saying it's working fine for them, but unfortunately most people aren't clear about what system they're on.

So what's the game like (assuming that the pre release is the actual final build?) Slower than the demo? Faster? The same? Is the defence improved over last year's game because that was one of the main things that needed fixing for me.

And what about the AI's tendency to knock the ball around their own area with opposition strikers nearby?

So what's the game like (assuming that the pre release is the actual final build?) Slower than the demo? Faster? The same? Is the defence improved over last year's game because that was one of the main things that needed fixing for me.

Feel like it's fairly similar, if not a little slower and more difficult. Been playing World Class on both and have found it very difficult to score. Passing seems slower, so I've moved those sliders up, AI is aggressive and, at times, somewhat infallible with their passing and tackling. Will wait for those smarter than myself to adjust the sliders fully. I've found the defense very difficult to break down--momentum and body shifting, especially while using speed boost, are very much a factor.

And what about the AI's tendency to knock the ball around their own area with opposition strikers nearby?

Think they've been varied in the matches I've played, more random. Have started a CM with Liverpool and found opponents to be varied slightly. Maybe my imagination, though.

Yeah, should clarify that the only lag I've experienced is the squad/subs screen from the main CM hub. Otherwise (pre-match, in-game, etc.) it's very fluid.

Was going to buy the game but even playing it on a 65" HDTV on the closest camera angle fully zoomed in, you can't see to make a tackle the far side of the field. It would not have hurt EA just to have ONE closer camera angle. No way I'm buying this game now.

Was going to buy the game but even playing it on a 65" HDTV on the closest camera angle fully zoomed in, you can't see to make a tackle the far side of the field. It would not have hurt EA just to have ONE closer camera angle. No way I'm buying this game now.

Have they removed camera angles and the option to zoom or something?! I always select the camera nearest to what I want and then go to custom to edit the zoom and height.

Have they removed camera angles and the option to zoom or something?! I always select the camera nearest to what I want and then go to custom to edit the zoom and height.

The default setting even on what used to be the closest views is now super far away and if you zoom to the max, 20, the view is still further away than what that camera would have been fully zoomed out last year. Literally, on a 65" tv, zoomed in to the max, the players are 3/4 inch tall.

Tele Broadcast 4,7 is what I use. Makes the game look more like what's on the tele. Don't like it too zoomed out anymore.
As for not being able to tackle on far side of pitch, I've not had that issue.

Have ordered this as getting no joy from PES this year.

Hope it gives me some joy - if not its GTAV until PES15.

Had two games of the demo last night - 2 great games. I was City and drew 0-0 and 1-1 with AC Milan.

Last edited:

I know I'm late to the party, but cant overstate how good manual passing is.

I've tried it in all the other FIFA's that offered it, but just didnt feel great and I also felt it made games look scrappy as even with the top teams, I couldnt pass the ball well (though interestingly, watching PSG v Monaco last night, its amazing how often top players misplace passes).

Anyways, for whatever reason, it feels great in the '14 demo and hopefully wont be changed much for the full game.

Can really put together some very neat and precise passages of play - plus the satisfaction that YOU did what was pictured in your head. Very rewarding.

Well I am enjoying it more, tweaked user and cpu control down, and increased shooting power slightly, and power bar speed.

Started a career with Spurs, got in Draxler, David Luiz and Luis Adriano (great that Shaktar are in the game) Won a few games in pre-season, and Eriksen is quality. I know we bang on about FIFA's lack of player individuality, but i genuinely put in the best free-kick ever in FIFA games from Eriksen, and Kaboul met it perfectly powering it in with a header. Does feel better in this respect.

The scouting takes time to get the hang of. You have to scout everyone to get their OVR, and for example if you know someone is good in real life, (eg Draxler) you cannot get advice on how much to bid from your assistant, you need to ask the club. Paid £25 mil for him, money well spent.

You can though search for players out of contract, and clubs accept less than asking price alot of the time.

Cant comment on online play, as I am very much an offline player these days.

Enjoying it overall, despite losing first game 4-3 at Palace due to a David Luiz howler. :FAIL:

How does White Hart Lane look this year? Are the stands still 3 kilometers behind the goals?

How does White Hart Lane look this year? Are the stands still 3 kilometers behind the goals?

The camera angle is from the different side to where it is on tv, which usually faces the dugout.

Looks ok i guess, nothing I've noticed that's wrong with it though.

Scutch said this;

Very disappointed with the recreation of WHL. Looks nothing like it. Crowd is too far away from pitch, ad boards either side when there aren't any and the TV screens are way too big. Hopefully next gen is better but I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom