FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

‎09-18-2013 01:29 AM

When will FIFA 14 be available for Early Access to EA SPORTS Season Ticket Subscribers?

FIFA 14 will be available for Early Access on the following dates and locations:

North America:
Begins September 20, 2013 (Friday) by 1:00 PM EST
Ends September 24, 2013 (Tuesday)
Europe / Australia / New Zealand:
Begins September 21, 2013 (Saturday) by 6:00 PM CET
Ends September 27, 2013 (Friday)
For help locating the Early Access be sure to visit the EA SPORTS Season Ticket Page.
This really benefit Europe 6 days and free pack for fut each week n 20% off packs
http://answers.ea.com/t5/FIFA-14/When-will-FIFA-14-be-available-for-Early-Access/m-p/1528039#U152803

60% downloaded in about 75 minutes!

I'm gonna see if Be a Player career mode is in ANY way different. That's the one area of the game we barely heard anything about.

You are so lucky. Can you make a sum up soon? Thanks in advance. I can only download the game tomorrow because i live in Europe crap!

To be fair though, not that this will necessarily make a difference to you, the Season Ticket does offer quite a lot of value for money for the right type of person. Early access to pretty much all EA Sports games, free DLC (with FIFA, this is Gold Ultimate Team Packs), and I think discounts too (?).

Nope - that doesn't interest me at all - I never play Ultimate Team and Fifa's pretty much the only EA Sport game I care about, at least the ones out on PC.

Anyway - this early access thing is the final build, yes? How is it compared to the demo - have EA listened to 'feedback' and ruined it?

Quite a mixed reaction on the EA boards to the early access release.

Ain't been on there for about 11 months. Sheesh. Won't be going back on there again.

So I guess the early access for me on PS3 here in Belgium will be available at 19h00? Or am I wrong... Sorry got a splitting headache.

So I guess the early access for me on PS3 here in Belgium will be available at 19h00? Or am I wrong... Sorry got a splitting headache.

No 6pm tonight your time. 5pm in the UK. No surprise if you have had some Belgian lager. It tends to have that effect the next morning

I'm seriously hanging out to see some gameplay footage from Goodison Park... anyone point me in the right direction?? :)

Wow - eight Premiership stadiums unless I counted it wrong!

I'm leaning more and more towards Fifa now after reading the initial impressions of people playing PES 2014 - whereas I was impressed with the Fifa 14 demo. As long as the retail game isn't changed too much, I might pick it up but I'll be holding fire to see what reviewers here say.

I'm getting FIFA14 on next gen. Gonna persevere with PES14 until then.

So what will be your first match?

I'll play as Aalborg BK at Old Trafford against Manchester United and 10 min halves.
Done that the last 3 years.
And then I'll start a CM either as Aalborg BK or Liverpool!

Right now all my biggest gripes have to do with non-gameplay stuff. In the limited time I've had with it, gameplay is improved in many ways from the demo.

Menus look nice but are so slow, and CM because of this is almost not-playable for me. The time it takes to do anything in CM is driving me crazy. Hopefully it'll be quicker with the disc version?

Also about CM, right now I'm really not liking the new global scouting feature. It just seems like its addition does nothing but make things more a pain in the ass, which is especially heightened if you're playing with a club that isn't rich and can't afford top scouts. Seems to me that the new feature is going to make bringing in new talent too much of a crapshoot that it should be. I wonder if the online databases used for finding player talent, info, and potentials won't be even more popular now.

Very disappointed with the visuals, though I expected to be going into it and only hope that NG is an solid upgrade. Biggest issue for me is just the over-saturated colors. It's becoming a bit of an eye-sore for me. PES's colors (lighting?) is SO much better.

Commentary is buggy. Not a big deal but you hear all the different stories about players in one game - i.e. so-and-so has been hurt, given a red card, scored 1,2,3 goals, etc. Very weird.

Based on the demos, I was leaning slightly toward PES this year, at least in terms of gameplay, but though I haven't played the PES retail release, my impressions of FIFA have improved. Gameplay I'm pretty satisfied with at this point. Dribbling is better. Hold-up play is better. AI is better. But the non-gameplay stuff is bugging me, slow-menus in particular are making CM a chore.

Why is Ozil not at Arsenal? Lol online he is, need and squad update .

There is a squad update already available and he is in the Arsenal squad/lineup. Transfers seem very up to date including a couple of loanee's to Sheffield Wednesday which only happened within the last couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom