FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

Is it not worth getting then using Games guaranteed £40 tradein/upgrade?

Quite possibly. I've seen that but in all honesty I don't want to ruin any experience I have before it's realised on Next Gen. Strange way to look at it, but GTA V will tide me over until then I hope.

I guess one of the reasons that I don't mind shelling out full price each year for FIFA - aside from being a football game addict, of course - is that considering the amount of hours I get out of it, it's an amazing value for the money.

If we were talking about a single player game that you play a 20-30 hour campaign and then you're done with it, then yeah, I might be concerned with the amount of change from one year to the next. But considering that I get 100s of hours out of these games, personally I think it's a great value - you buy a book or go to the movies for about 1/6 the price, yet FIFA can last 30 times or more in duration.

I guess one of the reasons that I don't mind shelling out full price each year for FIFA - aside from being a football game addict, of course - is that considering the amount of hours I get out of it, it's an amazing value for the money.

If we were talking about a single player game that you play a 20-30 hour campaign and then you're done with it, then yeah, I might be concerned with the amount of change from one year to the next. But considering that I get 100s of hours out of these games, personally I think it's a great value - you buy a book or go to the movies for about 1/6 the price, yet FIFA can last 30 times or more in duration.

That is true - Fifa, and all other sports games, do offer great value for money. That goes without saying, but it doesn't excuse the graphics team from doing basically no work on the game at all for two or three years now. Not to mention addressing some other parts of the game that clearly need work (see my previous post).

Last edited:

+1 i can spend easily one hour a day on FIFA so thats 365 hours ish, and im probably not a big player

that's less than 7p per hour @ £25 (quick maths as im in a meeting)

I disagree - the 'NG' version looks completely different to the CG version. The crowds look a lot better for one thing; the whole stadium just feels more alive.

Yep, that's pretty much it. Correct me if I'm wrong people, but shouldn't a new game look different to its predecessor? EA don't want to lift a finger in the graphics area? Fine, but don't bloody charge full whack for it then! Fifa 14 is marketed as a new game, but it's exactly the same game as far as the graphics go. Therefore, it doesn't warrant a full price release in my opinion.

'Stupid things'? When I was talking about the formation/editing screen menus, I wasn't complaining about the looks. I was complaining about the way they work; it's the same crappy, clunky and archaic system they've used for years, compared to PES' drag and drop system.

I mean, they've even missed a trick with the new formation screen you see when you pause the game. That's crying out for the ability to drag and drop players exactly where you want to yet all you can do is change between default formations, none of which are of any use whatsoever if your CB has just been sent off and you need to fill the gap.

Is it a stupid thing that I can't simply click on that formation screen and drag a CB into a place vacated by someone who's just been sent off? Even if you dig through all the menus required to manually change your formation, you can't put a player there because the game says you can't put two players in the same place. The game seems to forget that there isn't another player there because HE WAS BLOODY WELL SENT OFF!

Yeah, because that's not a completely different sort of thing from what I'm talking about is it? One's a purely cosmetic aspect (and one I couldn't care less about) and one is so clunky, unintuitive and archaic that I never even bother to manually change my formation however much I might want to. That's not just coming from me either: every single year the Fifa previewers mention how bad the system is, and that it needs to go. Do EA do anything about it? Nope.

You should be more clear in what you are saying then. It still doesn't bother me anyway as I don't bother with tactics at all. Never have in any footy game. I honestly don't see much difference between any formation tbh as I just move the ball about to the next man and do pretty good so I'd rather just play the game instead of messing about in menus. Just cannot be bothered with all of that.
As for the sock tape comment, is was a pisstake out of all the nutters who have gone on about that crap in the past :)

You should be more clear in what you are saying then. It still doesn't bother me anyway as I don't bother with tactics at all. Never have in any footy game. I honestly don't see much difference between any formation tbh as I just move the ball about to the next man and do pretty good so I'd rather just play the game instead of messing about in menus. Just cannot be bothered with all of that.
As for the sock tape comment, is was a pisstake out of all the nutters who have gone on about that crap in the past :)

Just my point - neither can I. But what if you could select a player on that formation screen on the pause menu and drag him where you wish? Wouldn't you be more inclined to play around with formations then? I know I would; for me EA have missed a massive trick not making that screen more interactive.

Just my point - neither can I. But what if you could select a player on that formation screen on the pause menu and drag him where you wish? Wouldn't you be more inclined to play around with formations then? I know I would; for me EA have missed a massive trick not making that screen more interactive.

Nope. I honestly can't be bothered with all that stuff. I just want to get the games started. Appreciate others do but I doubt it would make much difference anyway.

FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

So you're not a true football fan in my view. Just saying ;).

YouTube - FIFA 14 | KSI VS TwoSyncFIFA

Och yeah, Ronaldo, overpowered much? :D

I've probably forgotten more about football than you will ever remember. We are talking about a bloody computer game here FFS. It's not real life! I've played FIFA and mates have pissed about with different things and I just go with the defaults and still hammer them. In computer game world I don't believe it makes any real difference what tactics you play. If you can't get the ball off me, you ain't beating me whatever tactics you play. Simple.
From what you are saying, computer nerds are proper football fans because they use tactics in a bloody game! Laughable, idiotic thing to say.

Last edited:

Tactics matter in football, so they should matter in the video game representation. But they don't - that's a flaw in the game.

For example: If I have two central midfielders versus three opposing central midfielders, that numerical disadvantage should make a difference in terms of being able to retain or regain possession.

But it doesn't really. Because positionally everything's so slack and passive, everyone is left in space anyway. You don't need to create an overload in an area of the pitch, or shift someone into a position that exploits a weakness in the opposing formation. You just pass it forwards to the next free teammate.

It would add some sorely-needed depth if that sort of stuff mattered and the tactics interface was slick enough to make the most of it.

Tactics matter in football, so they should matter in the video game representation. But they don't - that's a flaw in the game.

For example: If I have two central midfielders versus three opposing central midfielders, that numerical disadvantage should make a difference in terms of being able to retain or regain possession.

But it doesn't really. Because positionally everything's so slack and passive, everyone is left in space anyway. You don't need to create an overload in an area of the pitch, or shift someone into a position that exploits a weakness in the opposing formation. You just pass it forwards to the next free teammate.

It would add some sorely-needed depth if that sort of stuff mattered and the tactics interface was slick enough to make the most of it.

Agreed. It'll be a good day when you have to apply some tactics in order to beat the AI in a football game.

I disagree - the 'NG' version looks completely different to the CG version. The crowds look a lot better for one thing; the whole stadium just feels more alive.

Agree with the environment atmosphere/graphic.. but not necessarily animation, although they seem to add more.. that's why i asked if Ignite engine is completely new.. or just built over their CG engine, especially animation.

I think the engines, both cg and ng are module based. So they can add/swap elements between engines. So for example you would have ignite as the new base engine for graphics, physics, etc and it can run ng modules with cg modules. That enables ea for 14 to add the living worlds modules on top of cg ai and cg animation ( with more bandwith for quicker proccesing of the additional animations) etc. So they can itterate it like this gen and continue to add more advanced modules whilst retaining the cg base/ feel.

How's FIFA 14 with Ignite engine? I do not see any difference in Graphics ? Do you ?

I've heard two things mainly: 1) graphics are improved in the NG version; and 2) graphics are improved in the NG version but it's mainly seen with the Living Worlds feature.

We've heard from several industry sources that the early NG games will be only a minimal upgrade over CG games relative to what will be coming in a couple/few years, so I'd expect it'll be at least FIFA 15/16 before we see a major graphic leap. Hopefully FIFA 14 NG offers enough of a graphical upgrade to tide us over till then.

This, and I'm surprised that anyone would argue otherwise.

This, and I'm surprised that anyone would argue otherwise.

They SHOULD make a difference but they don't! That's why I never bother with them and that's the reason I commented on them. You then get doughnuts saying I'm not a proper football fan because of what I said about them being of no use in a computer game! I only play online games and my comments apply to my experience with the game(s).

never been a FIFA player since 1995 but after playing the demo I will be getting it this year I love PES and this years game isnt bad its just incomplete and I will be fucked if im shelling out 35-40 quid for basically a beta of pes 2015

Looking forward to my first career mode

as for ronaldo overpowered lol i dont know about that judging by his last goal yesterday

YouTube - Cristiano Ronaldo hat-tricks goal Vs Galatasaray 2013 [HD]

Last edited:

Going to get the Season Pass tonight in preparation for FUT.

Everything is transferable to the next gen consoles, plus I get to play CG a week early, which is nice, as I'm not buying the CG version retail.

Not a FIFA fan as you know but the question Im asking is this.

If FIFA14 NG is so different to CG then why are we getting it free for Xbox1? Not like EA to miss out on some shillings.
Its either not different at all - apart from a few small touch ups but the game play is the same or.....
Its a ploy by EA to try and grab PES's audience on the NG consoles.

I reckon its my first theory.

NG FIFA15 will see the real NG gameplay coming through imo.

Hope those of us in Canada don't get the game later than those with EA Season Ticket Pass in USA. Should be same time I think. Plus the game is made in this country after all! ;)

FIFA 14 stadium list revealed in full, see it here
FIFA 14′s full list of stadiums has been revealed by EA Sports. I’m not into football, but I’m presuming fans will get a ‘kick’ out of this one. I’ll get my coat now…

The list was published by EA Sports this morning and goes as follows:

Akaaroa Stadium
Allianz Arena – Bayern Munich & TSV 1860 Munich
Aloha Park
Amsterdam ArenA – Ajax
Anfield – Liverpool FC
Arena del Centenario – Uruguay
Arena D’Oro
BC Place Stadium – Vancouver Whitecaps
Camp Nou – FC Barcelona
Court Lane
Crown Lane
Donbass Arena – FC Shakhtar Donetsk
Dromo
Eastpoint Arena
El Libertador
El Monumento
Emirates Stadium – Arsenal
Estadio Azteca – Club America, Mexico
Estadio de las Artes
Estadio Mestalla – Valencia CF
Estadio Nacional – Portugal
Estadio Presidente G.Lopes
Estadio Vicente Calderon – Atletico Madrid
Etihad Stadium – Manchester City
Euro Park
FIWC Stadium – (available on PlayStation only)
Forest Park Stadium
Goodison Park – Everton
Imtech Arena – Hamburg
Ivy Lane
Juventus Stadium – Juventus
King Fahd International Stadium – Saudi Arabia
La Bombonera –Boca Juniors
La Canchita
Molton Road
Old Trafford – Manchester United
Olympiastadion – Hertha BSC
Parc des Princes – Paris Saint Germain
San Siro – Inter Milan/AC Milan
Sanderson Park
Santiago Bernabéu – Real Madrid
Signal Iduna Park – Borussia Dortmund
St James’ Park – Newcastle United
Stade Gerland – Olympique Lyonnais
Stade Kokoto
Stade Municipal
Stade Velodrome – Olympique de Marseille
Stadio Classico
Stadio Comunale
Stadio Olimpico – Lazio/Roma
Stadion 23. Maj
Stadion Europa
Stadion Hanguk
Stadion Neder
Stadion Olympik
Stamford Bridge – Chelsea
Town Park
Union Park Stadium
Veltins-Arena – Schalke 04
Waldstadion
Wembley Stadium – England
White Hart Lane – Tottenham Hotspur

Thanks.

Looks like FIFA 14 is downloadable through EA Sicket ticket pass in 28 hours! The countdown is on...

Shame I'm gonna be away this weekend and will only get to play for a few hours on Friday. :/

Back
Top Bottom