FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

is there a pc early access ticket? Also anyone doing cheap game codes, last year there was a guy on here supplying russian keys for about 20 quid?

Been playing a lot more of the ps3 demo and for the first time on FIFA, I'm trying manual passing and it's really opened the game up.

Took time, but get getting used to the new shielding has really helped slow the game down and also allow for more flair.

Really looking forward to the final game now and hoping they don't change it too much.

is there any difference in the game itself between PAL and NTSC or is it just the regions for console and thats it?

Cancelled my PES pre-order given the lack of online support - probably going to pick this up now :LOL:.

Is the EA sports season ticket console locked?

Gonna get it for my 360, but am getting a Ps4, be nice if it was transferrable

Edit, ignore me, its linked to your gamertag isnt it, not an ea profile.

Wow - eight Premiership stadiums unless I counted it wrong!

I'm leaning more and more towards Fifa now after reading the initial impressions of people playing PES 2014 - whereas I was impressed with the Fifa 14 demo. As long as the retail game isn't changed too much, I might pick it up but I'll be holding fire to see what reviewers here say.

Last edited:

Apparently, if you don't buy the current gen version you will lose all your stats like your EASFC Level, coins etc. and will have to start from scratch on next gen.

Those who buy the current gen and upgrade get everything carried over. So for example, if I was on level 40 then my progress will carry over to current gen Fifa 14 and thus onto next gen Fifa 14.

If you don't purchase current gen Fifa 14 you will have to start from level 1 again.

My question is thus: If I don't buy current gen Fifa 14 retail but use my season pass to download the game anyway, does that still validate my carry over to next gen?

You should get the season ticket, can try the full game for yourself tomorrow ;)

Yeah just gonna get it, sod it.

At the very least out of GTA and Fifa I wont be bored. What a week for us.

not seen too much on FIFA, I hope Career mode is good, and i dont get international jobs every week.

One thing that annoyed me was I played the demo on my usual controls (all manual, but passing assisted) and I didnt like it. As soon as I turned on assisted shooting it improved. Guess i need to practice.

You should get the season ticket, can try the full game for yourself tomorrow ;)

Not sure if you were replying to me or not, but I'm not getting either game upon release. Chances are it'll be Fifa for me again this year, but I need to see some reader reviews. The demo's tempo was spot on for me - before buying the full game I need to see whether that's been retained for the game, or whether offline sliders can return it to the demo's tempo.

Less than 4 hours to go! :)

Wonder how long the download will take though.... shame I won't be home this weekend much. :/

Hence the season ticket early release suggestion, it's only like 2,000MS Points.

Thanks for that, but I'm on PC. :) What is the Season Ticket early release anyway - does it allow you limited access to the final build?

Full access to everything except online, IIRC.

What - so you can basically get the whole game cheaper if you're prepared to forgo online? Sounds too good to be true - unless I've misunderstood, which I probably have done. Is this possible on PC as well?

What - so you can basically get the whole game cheaper if you're prepared to forgo online? Sounds too good to be true - unless I've misunderstood, which I probably have done. Is this possible on PC as well?

You get the ability to download all new EA sports games, in full a few days before release and play them for a few days, 6 i think. You also get 20% off the cost of all EA sports DLC for the year.

Yes, you get to download the game several days early for about half the price of retail... but then once retail is released, your early release access is locked and you have to pay full price for the retail version. It's only for the consoles.

It's a genius move by EA to exploit the suckers out there.

I am one of those suckers.

Annoying from EA. Thought it was tonight in UK. At least there is GTA

FIFA 14 will be available for Early Access on the following dates and locations:

North America:
Begins September 20, 2013 (Friday) by 1:00 PM EST
Ends September 24, 2013 (Tuesday)

Europe / Australia / New Zealand:
Begins September 21, 2013 (Saturday) by 6:00 PM CET
Ends September 27, 2013 (Friday)

Annoying from EA. Thought it was tonight in UK. At least there is GTA

FIFA 14 will be available for Early Access on the following dates and locations:

North America:
Begins September 20, 2013 (Friday) by 1:00 PM EST
Ends September 24, 2013 (Tuesday)

Europe / Australia / New Zealand:
Begins September 21, 2013 (Saturday) by 6:00 PM CET
Ends September 27, 2013 (Friday)

Ahh I thought it was tonight too.

Bah. Like you say though, GTA will do.

Can anyone answer the query I asked above? It won't matter to me in the grand scheme of things as I'll just borrow it off a mate to install and therefore transfer all my info and level details over, but for a lot of people who aren't buying current gen and waiting on next gen only to go back to level 1 it may be a pisser for them.

Yes, you get to download the game several days early for about half the price of retail... but then once retail is released, your early release access is locked and you have to pay full price for the retail version. It's only for the consoles.

Oh... so you end up paying full price and a half. Sod that then; thanks for clearing it up.

Ha-ha! :COOL: Yeah, I used to be one as well until I hit my 40s, after which my new-game-release excitement level went from "Very!" to "Bah, I'll just wait for the demo; got a bunch of yard work to do anyways."

Oh... so you end up paying full price and a half. Sod that then; thanks for clearing it up.

To be fair though, not that this will necessarily make a difference to you, the Season Ticket does offer quite a lot of value for money for the right type of person. Early access to pretty much all EA Sports games, free DLC (with FIFA, this is Gold Ultimate Team Packs), and I think discounts too (?).

Back
Top Bottom