FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

Been very pleased so far with the gameplay. Challenging and slowed down, and scored some goals that were new or different enough that you could tell something's been changed.

Still waiting on those Placebo sliders, though (HINT HINT)

Having some technical problems, need to buy a new cable for the AV Receiver - Projector tomorrow, will have a proper bash then, TBH I played half a match on World Class with default values just all manual controls and it played really nice, main thing I need to do is raise passing speed/button press speed as it was taking way too long to power up for passing but the potential is there I think for a decent game :)

Pull your finger out Placebo :ROLL: how long do you want these people to wait?! They have been patient enough!

I don't know what's going on with the commentary on here. Saying Fellaini got sent off and he's on the pitch, Sturridge got a hatrick and final score was 1-0. Bloody mess. EDIT.. Right in the space of 5mins Fellaini has been sent off and scored 7 goals??:RANT:

Last edited:

Big surprise: FUT menus are snappy and lightning quick; CM menus are laggy and slow to load.

This is on PS3. Is CM this slow on 360?

Haven't got to CM yet but I was impressed with how the menus I met so far as really zippy and responsive, hope CM is the same.

On 360?

Menus are so slow in CM on PS3 that it's almost reason enough to wait for NG.

It's basically the same interface being used in both CM and UT. In UT it's exactly how you'd like it to be; in CM it's as if the machines is really struggling to switch between the menus. Even team management can be slow.

Had 3 games as united, spurs and Napoli. not scored a goal yet.

I find this hard to create any chances. Shooting is too soft as well, need to tweak sliders

Had 3 games as united, spurs and Napoli. not scored a goal yet.

I find this hard to create any chances. Shooting is too soft as well, need to tweak sliders

Its a whole new system mate no more keeping your finger on the run button all about making chances i play on pro and scored a few but do find it harder compared to 13 but we will all learn it in time and sliders i havent played about with them yet wait till next week for the full game.

Have they fixed the issue where the AI suddenly switches to all out pressure when down at 80 min?

That was such an incredibly frustrating aspect of fifa 13...

I can't seem to find customise players, change and edit their boots etc..

If you just want to edit players from the main screen (i.e., not in Career Mode), go to the customize tab, bottom row, third from the left, and flick the right stick right until you see "edit player".

Yeah I'm on 360, I'll try it myself a bit later and report back ;)

Personally prefer it really zoomed out, first thing I do is choose the most zoomed out angle possible as you can see in my vid :)

That's fine mate but there should be an option for those who don't like watching from the nosebleed seats in row zzzz.

Very disappointed with the recreation of WHL. Looks nothing like it. Crowd is too far away from pitch, ad boards either side when there aren't any and the TV screens are way too big. Hopefully next gen is better but I doubt it.

Very disappointed with the recreation of WHL. Looks nothing like it. Crowd is too far away from pitch, ad boards either side when there aren't any and the TV screens are way too big. Hopefully next gen is better but I doubt it.

Just play at the Emirates? .......;))

Great game

Defending is a hell of a lot better due to the strength of the defenders and the contact they make when defending. The game has slowed down and with this new momentum with players it makes it more realistic because you cant weave about with players as easy to make space so your forced more to keep ball and build up your attacks.

Oh yeah the thing i like the most and imo what makes the biggest difference is the randomness of the ball. If you make a tackle or get tackled the ball will squirm all over them place. It makes midfield battles a hell of a lot better and opens up more stuff you didn't see in Fifa before because the ball always seem magnetised to players before, so now a header out of the box or a tackle around there could now lead to balls falling to on rushing midfielders for some screamers.

1 last thing the shots are amazing :)

Just to add these views are based on multi player play (don't play singe player)

Had a tournament last night so while the AI off the ball was great i have no idea if the CPU can play a decent game of football.

I just went into my EA season ticket and it told me to renew. I downloaded FIFA anyway and it's worked for me today. My mate said he wasn't enjoying FUT or single player said it felt laggy. He said clubs was decent though. He then asked me to play him and he said our game was better than FUT and single player. I mentioned about the new momentum and that it's no longer turn on a sixpence. Hopefully he knows what I mean. I found it a decent game tbh. I went Cardiff (surprisingly had our 3 kits!) and he went Spurs. I won 1 nil with Kim Bo scoring so that's my bet today! :)

Back
Top Bottom