FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

It's interesting that you're thinking there's something off with the button response times. I'm not so sure. I'm wondering if it might just be getting used to the changes to the way players move? I'm not disagreeing with you, just thinking out loud. In any case, I'd imagine it'll be one of those elements that's refined for the final release.

Yes, "button response" wasn't really the right term to use as I have no reason to suspect that FIFA 14 accepts button presses any differently than previous games. I mentioned it in a previous post, but I think that for all the benefits of the new momentum/inertia/planting system it may cost the player some feeling of responsiveness as players no longer will cut when you tell them to, but only the next time they are "able" to do with a foot plant. It's not a change that is readily captured in video, but I most certainly feel it when playing.

Now, it may be something that when I get used to I don't care about. Once my eyes start picking up on the timing of the feet planting I may be able to time my button presses to execute whatever moves I want on time. But for now, with limited demo time, it's not as enjoyable for sure.

if you think this game is ping pong end to end take it off assisted and increase the pass error although even on normal it is anything but ping pong...im sure i must be playing a different game to some people in here

please if you have the time upload a video of you playing ping pong football , maybe i am misunderstanding the meaning

A shame no one plays this setting online though

31378cbcda92ad248580cb59ea3188b0.png

d6892e6eecee11683a91b40199b1994a.png

aa7edc31f02cc6fe33c7e60eeb204237.png

63266c78ecba351f0a1343e747c4eb6d.png

:D
Good few players

yea im waiting on NG version. not this CG version as i feel it is not a good game

PES is the far superior game because it encourages you to play the style you just noted whilst fifa is just a ping pong end to end rubbish

It's not ping pong on full manual games though so I'm happy with it and that also encourages me to play the way I like.

FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

A shame no one plays this setting online though

Are you serious?! I hardly ever struggle to find an all manual game. Maybe you are just unlucky.

Edit: Sorry about consecutive posts. First one I replied to was a few pages back on my phone so tough titties if it annoys anyone! ;)

Are you serious?! I hardly ever struggle to find an all manual game. Maybe you are just unlucky.

Edit: Sorry about consecutive posts. First one I replied to was a few pages back on my phone so tough titties if it annoys anyone! ;)

in seasons mode?

All this year i was waiting only for Pes 2014.
Fifa 14 was a lost case to me, due to the Fifa 13 resembleness from videos. Fifa 13 was something between ice hockey and ballerina dancing.

As i am a pc gamer, i feel lucky that EA released the demo before PES, so i had the chance to give it a serious try.
So, negatively prejudiced, i played a match (slow,manual) and i was plesantly surprized!!!
This game:
-has perfect pace,(slow manual)
- the ball is finally free and not attached to players feet with clearly improved physics
-most of ice skating and sliding is eliminated
-tons of new animations (shots, headers, turning, dribbling, running)
-lots of different shots, headers, spectacular goal
-Sound and atmosphere is spot on

Biggest problems are:
-Crappy impact engine (i prefer fifa 11 collisions) and collisions
-Ball bounces too many times, and always with frontspin.
-Some sliding, and instant turning is there, reminding of ice-FIFA 13.
-Graphics are outdated (especially the turf)

Im sure that PES 2014 will be my preference but i must admit that FIFA 14 impressed me. I played for hours without being bored, and some real soccer magic moments gave me the chills. Well done EA.

Yes, "button response" wasn't really the right term to use as I have no reason to suspect that FIFA 14 accepts button presses any differently than previous games. I mentioned it in a previous post, but I think that for all the benefits of the new momentum/inertia/planting system it may cost the player some feeling of responsiveness as players no longer will cut when you tell them to, but only the next time they are "able" to do with a foot plant. It's not a change that is readily captured in video, but I most certainly feel it when playing.

Now, it may be something that when I get used to I don't care about. Once my eyes start picking up on the timing of the feet planting I may be able to time my button presses to execute whatever moves I want on time. But for now, with limited demo time, it's not as enjoyable for sure.

Yeah, now this description is much more like what I've experienced. Hopefully becoming more in-sync with the movement changes will increase our enjoyment, though I have a feeling there's some refining that certainly needs to happen.

Something I've been thinking about too regarding player responsiveness and the new Precision Movement engine, is how the next gen version will feel considering that it is being advertised as having 10 times the number of animations. Will these animations help smooth things out a bit? Will they increase the impact of Precision Movement? Or will they lessen the influence of the new momentum physics?

Some things to think about, and I can't wait to find out the answer to them when next gen arrives.

One of the best football games I've EVER played, and I'm injsisting on the "EVER" part !
I just hope EA Sports are not going to change the game a lot.

Sans%20titre-1.jpg

@Ansie10 : You got an early copy? If yes, how different is the gameplay from the demo? Positive?

Got it. Googled it and now downloading from ModdingWay.

Just realised Season Ticket holders get to play the game only on 20th, PES release day.

Something I've been thinking about too regarding player responsiveness and the new Precision Movement engine, is how the next gen version will feel considering that it is being advertised as having 10 times the number of animations. Will these animations help smooth things out a bit? Will they increase the impact of Precision Movement? Or will they lessen the influence of the new momentum physics?

10 times the animations should mean more opportunities to change direction while still animating the feet planting correctly. The more animations, the more ways to break from one animation to another. Otherwise, they are doing it wrong.

I will be severely disappointed if this is not the case. Might go the first year without a new footy game in a long time.

Fifa 14 is quite a bit better than 13 imo. It feels more free/random and passing feels better. Scored a lovely looping header with Negredo

It again suffers PES-itis, like Fifa 13, tho with the dodgy player switching on crossfield balls. the wrong player runs to the ball and you are unable to switch. I want to switch to my full back who is running onto the ball perfectly but since 13 the game has other ideas and won't allow it.

The turfs are horrendous as well.

Not perfect, a big buggy but an improvement. Whether it's enough of an improvement to buy with NG around the corner and PES concentrating on CG, I don't know...

@Placebo

I thought it would be the 23th to.
But in my EA Sports App I could get NHL14 earlier than expected.
So we will probably get FIFA14 on the 20th or 21st :-)
I could download FIFA13 on the 21st last year.

Yeah I also seemed to remember that despite it being advertised as later than the US we got the season ticket version at the same time and thus longer than 4 days, hopefully the same this year!

i did not buy fifa 12&13 as i found the gameplay was to fast and arcady ,the demo for fifa 13 was super fast to me,and i liked pes 2013 dipite its flaws.
for PS3 pes2014 is for sure the game for me ,it needs patches for sure, but its promising,it has a steep learningcurve to master it.
BUT, i like the fifa 14 demo, its speed is at the limit, but doable to me now,it feels less arcady to me now.
as im going to buy a PS4 on release ,im definatly going to buy fifa 14 on PS4 ,from what the press who played it describe it, its more grounded and ai improved,also more animations in the game.
the playermodels seem somewhat improved also on fifa 14 ng,hope the pace is not to fast,the licenses are also a bonus,+ the stadiums etc....
with PES 2014 on ps3 and ng FIFA 14 on PS4 who complete eachother
it should be a great football year:APPLAUD:

can anyone help please ?? my ingame settings are not saving....every time i start the game i have to start from team selection and all the settings are in default ?? is it happens for everyone ?? am on PC.

can anyone help please ?? my ingame settings are not saving....every time i start the game i have to start from team selection and all the settings are in default ?? is it happens for everyone ?? am on PC.
I was going to ask the same thing, it's getting annoying at the end ...

I was going to ask the same thing, it's getting annoying at the end ...
It's usual stuff with demos. You can't save settings.

i only hope they don't speed up the final game as i read some of the reporst that they might do so.

in that case, we would be getting fresh, new fifa 13 again.

if anyone here is active on official fifa forum, facebook, twitter, tell them not to change gameplay speed!

Back
Top Bottom