FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

0f7k.jpg

HAha good one.
Please somebody say something about control change. In 13 for fients it was LT+right stick now it is only right stick. Are these the only changes in control?
Im in shock that control was changed! (why!? in 13 it was perfect).

That's the engine, isn't it? They're not going to change that now they're concentrating on the 'NG' versions, so if you don't want to see that sort of thing, don't pore over replays that's all I can say.

Player switching is broken, defenders positioning is still all over the place, and the AI still ignores momentum whenever it sees fit.

Last edited:

Anyone else notice the demo says the game is at night yet it's during the day? Strange. That said the daytime lighting is nicer than 2013, last year's game was so ludicrously bright it made the pitch look fluorescent.

I enjoyed the game a lot last night, still doesn't feel quite right somehow but with a bit of slider tweaking, it might be good. It'll be interesting to try the next gen version to see what actual difference the ignite engine has. I'm hoping the PS4 version will have a demo release too at some point.

Oh and I really enjoyed using the new L1 button to fend people off with the arm. Seems to slow everything down and allow you to dictate the tempo which is nice.

That said, the game seemed unbalanced. It tended to veer from being slow and tight to being way too wide open in an instant. At times I could just waltz unopposed into the box from out wide, it took the satisfaction out of it because it almost felt like the game was letting me do it. So one minute the game seemed like a decent midfield battle then the next, half of both defences would go AWOL and it'd turn into a basketball match.

Last edited:

Yep. Seems like day is the only option available though we can select the weather. How ironic.

And, protecting the ball with players like Xavi is really enjoyable. Liking this demo. Hope it stays that way after I try PES too.

I can't stop playing this demo, never imagined a FIFA would be that good. But I'm still worried about the retail version. I don't know if it will be faster and arcadey, and that would be a huge letdown. For that reason I didn't bought the game yet.

Also, lots of users kids are already moaning in EA forums about the tempo/inertia :LMAO:

Placebo, give us impressions when you try the retail version via Season Ticket, please.

Last edited:

I can't stop playing this demo, never imagined a FIFA would be that good. But I'm still worried about the retail version. I don't know if it will be faster and arcadey, and that would be a huge letdown. For that reason I didn't bought the game yet.

Also, lots of users kids are already moaning in EA forums about the tempo/inertia :LMAO:

Placebo, give us impressions when you try the retail version via Season Ticket, please.
+1

This might be the first time I'm loosing 4-0 and still enjoying the game.

Back on my computer, I downloaded the demo and I used my origin account from last year. I modified no file in any folders, I can access the demo, play with Messi vs Lloris. It's only when I try to launch a match that the demo shuts itself and the program closes ... Has anyone experienced anything like this ?

Yep. Seems like day is the only option available though we can select the weather. How ironic.

And, protecting the ball with players like Xavi is really enjoyable. Liking this demo. Hope it stays that way after I try PES too.

we need to press a button to protect the ball or is automatic?

I can't believe people are saying the game speed is slower. it still flies about at 200mph. really unimpressed by this demo

I can't believe people are saying the game speed is slower. it still flies about at 200mph. really unimpressed by this demo

its miles slower, i normally play on slow manual but have bumped it up to normal and increased sprint and accel to 51

Turn of Video Sync, I have always found in the past if you restrict the FPS on FIFA it makes the game feel unresponsive, well this was def the case with FIFA 13. Have not tried the FIFA 14 demo mind.

Ill give it a try, really never played any games on pc without Vsync. I started the game to see how the FPS would look like and its 320 lol...

HAha good one.
Please somebody say something about control change. In 13 for fients it was LT+right stick now it is only right stick. Are these the only changes in control?
Im in shock that control was changed! (why!? in 13 it was perfect).

I'm not a huge fan of the control change. I'm sure it will take getting used to, but I'm not happy so far with the LT ball shield feature. I thought last year's method (of holding RT when stopped) was a better control method.

As far as ditching the LT requirement for skill moves, it seems a fine change that I'll just have to get used to. BUT, it does make the dribbling feel less responsive as it feels the skill moves fail to happen more often. I'm guessing because many moves require the player to be moving at a slower speed, if the player is not holding LT (or otherwise moving more slowly) they fail to come off.

Found a way to greatly improve game's graphics on pc, using SweetFX injector. Game looks MUCH better with it, but may decrease performance on slower PC.
Download it from here: http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=4013

Just DL it, and copy all the and folder files inside "albys SweetFX for nba 2k13" folder to origin games > fifa 14 demo> game folder. Also make sure to turn off antialiasing in game settings.
Ignore other stuff in the downloaded archive, its a part of different game mod which works in fifa 14 too :) .
To get back to default graphics just delete the inserted files .

So i tested the game without Vsync and indeed it feels more responsive like on the 360... but i have a problem, evan thogh the FPS are very high and never go below 200 without vsync i get those tearing lines now and than... is there a way to fix that without vsync on? Or to get the game responsive with Vsync? (i tried to lock the fps to 60 but didnt work, still tearing)

So i tested the game without Vsync and indeed it feels more responsive like on the 360... but i have a problem, evan thogh the FPS are very high and never go below 200 without vsync i get those tearing lines now and than... is there a way to fix that without vsync on? Or to get the game responsive with Vsync? (i tried to lock the fps to 60 but didnt work, still tearing)

Try force vsync and tripple buffering via video card drivers, also tick 'lock to 60 fps' option in game settings. My game is very responsive using that.

Ill give it a try, really never played any games on pc without Vsync. I started the game to see how the FPS would look like and its 320 lol...

I admit when I had a 60hz monitor I always used to have V-Sync on as it stops screen tearing, but FIFA has always add an issue with being unresponsive when this is switched on.

Oh how wonderful. Why the hell can't EA leave 'slow' alone and cater for the arcade kids with normal and fast? Yes I know you can't choose online, but at least make it a bloody option to have proper slow considered gameplay offline! I like the game the way it is right now and there's an excellent chance of me buying it but start crapping around with it EA, to cater to KSI and the like - you just might lose a sale. ;)

Guys put the first touch control slider lower. I put it to 40 and the game becomes excellent!!! No more ridiculous controls!!

Placebo please take that in mind when creating slider pack

Back
Top Bottom