FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

Changes seem very significant to me, those saying it's just slightly tweaked Fifa13 are IMO being deliberately obtuse.

No. They're simply stating their honest opinion of the demo. Just how ant0n here completely dismissed PES calling it garbage. Is he being deliberately obtuse too? Some people are just way too blunt and others can't take it especially when there's no proper reasoning.

Pfft don't be so defensive, it's my honest opinion they're being deliberately obtuse! :)

And no ant0n's being an idiot if he thinks it's garbage :)

Im after 1st match. Big shock!
Steering was changed? I dont have sprint on right stick? Also to make feint I just move right stick only? (without LT ? ).
Wow :O
why. Steering in fifa13 was better.
Please comment.

One thing i don't like - the ball seems to run forever. I've played some great balls outwide into space, and the ball literally doesn't slow down, so my attacker can never catch it. Very odd.

I noticed that as well. There is probably a certain technique you have to apply when making those passes. The game feels so fresh after being away so long. I can't turn it off.:WORSHIP:

Changes seem very significant to me, those saying it's just slightly tweaked Fifa13 are IMO being deliberately obtuse.

I agree and I don't really like how players feel like ice skating if you don't master dribbling.

Agreed - for me it doesn't play like Fifa 13 at all - that's down to the new inertia stuff. Jury's out though, and I'm yet to try the PES 14 demo of course, but I like what I see so far. The AI uses the tools available to it much more now, like 'Precision Dribbling' (or whatever it was called from last year) and 'Protect the Ball' (and then kick the living crap out of it...). :D

Last edited:

Not bothering with the demo this year, feel like its a case of here you go guys.. the changes we might have made if KSI didn't cry about it.

I don't agree with You. I played 300 matches in F13 on PS3. In my opinion F14 is better game, but not impressed me at all. Better shooting and ball physics is not to much to imporove this game. When I play F14 i not feel much difference between F13.

Last edited:

I'm loving the passing on this amongst other things

I was gonna skip the 360 one and wait for the Xbox One version but that's not gonna happen now :LOL:

Not sure how people can say it's like 13. This is like a weighted down version, it's MUCH better.

First 45 minutes of the Xbox demo I've enjoyed. Everything feels "solid".

Not sure I'm keen on the waxy player models though, it sometimes feels like it's 22 robots in an arena with a grass/stadium image placed as a background

Not sure how people can say it's like 13. This is like a weighted down version, it's MUCH better.

First 45 minutes of the Xbox demo I've enjoyed. Everything feels "solid".

Not sure I'm keen on the waxy player models though, it sometimes feels like it's 22 robots in an arena with a grass/stadium image placed as a background

'Solid' is exactly how I'd describe it as well.

More fun to attack, less fun to defend.
Still the same, absolutely same defensive AI on both sides of the pitch.
Not sure if I like it at all, feels unbalanced. I'll play some more tomorrow, fresh eyes and all that.

Pfft don't be so defensive, it's my honest opinion they're being deliberately obtuse! :)

And no ant0n's being an idiot if he thinks it's garbage :)
When I start the game and it looks like I am playing a PS2 game graphically, which is nothing like what the trailers showed I call it garbage. Also if little Kagawa can out jump Manuel Neuer for a header to score the game winner I call that garbage. FIFA has flawed responsiveness in loose ball situations, but this is a complete different level with PES. That game on rails feeling is horrible.

fifa 14 demo pc = little better than fifa 13, but it will hardly be any rival for pes 2014.

that's my opinion, i will make my final words with both full games tested.

For those who've tried the PC demo and the console demo, is the PC version different from the console version somehow? Some confusing opinions in here...

For those who've tried the PC demo and the console demo, is the PC version different from the console version somehow? Some confusing opinions in here...

Played on both PC & PS3 and the game is exactly the same.

Its weird indeed, imo the console feels smoother and more responsive, evan though on PC the gfx can be a lot better(played 1080p with very high settings)

Also shooting feels better on the xbox for some reason i can hit them better and they felt more powerfull.

I will not be buying it. The core is still F13 after playing for a while.

Maybe on next gen consoles.

This demo is bug fest galore. Nets changing colors when you score goal (and your players are celebrating, the nets change colors to... your player kits, when AI players were celebrating one of them... Froze up. Stone. Ball gets away from player feet, players with 90+ ball control have trouble trapping the ball, etc.)

Player models are not that good. Expected that tbf from CG.

Stadiums are the same as above. Atmosphere same.

Ball physics were re-done, but now, it's easier to score. Long range bombs hit the back of the net like there is no tomorrow! Finesse shots are overpowered, to such extent that you can shoot with them from 45+ yards out. Sometimes you score such goal.

Interia is visible only while doing SLOW turns. Lofted through balls are almost 100% proof way of getting to scoring opportunity. Be it for AI or user. Can see how it will be online... ;)

Right stick knock on is gone, now all is done on RT/R2. Variable sprint speed (the more you press the bigger knock on).

Seriously, I won't pay for this. It's more like a patch to FIFA 13, than new game I wish to pay hard earned money on.

There is NOTHING or very little warranting a buy. Pass from me. Will stick to FIFA 13 if other game disappoints me (hopeful it won't).

I haven't encountered any of that, and as for the right stick knock on - it's there for me. Maybe you need to check whether 'Analogue Sprint' is on or not...

As for the atmosphere, that's often not fully implemented on demos although I'm not expecting anything amazing in the final game.

Good demo. Heavier and slower feel is very welcome. Ball physics still seem a bit light but better. Professional gameplay on normal speed with full manual is where it's at for me, without even hardly having to touch the sliders. Think I will wait and get the PS4 version though.

I agree, whereas last year I felt that Professional was too easy and World Class was too hard. I really hope EA don't listen to the babies on youtube and don't change the game too much. If you're going to get a PS4 though, it makes sense to hold fire and get it on that; why line EA's pockets twice? For me, I'm going to wait until the game's out and check reviews here and on other forums.

One thing i don't like - the ball seems to run forever. I've played some great balls outwide into space, and the ball literally doesn't slow down, so my attacker can never catch it. Very odd.

Weird; I haven't experienced that.

no problem with the demo at all so maybe its a hardware thing. 6 min extender working and camera patch.

Game is good, good inertia, need to think about passes and take time to get the ball under control, no more sprinting past 3 or players, good midfield battles..like someone said default sliders with slightly raised passing speed on normal speed full manual...whoever said long shots are going in all the time im not sure what controls you have on but i can assure you that does not happen on a decent difficult setting using manual..good game so far

Agreed - you've really got to think in this one and 'Protect the Ball' is looking like a much better feature than I thought it would be.

Oh and thanks to whoever reminded me about 'SCREEN_SLEEP' and all that - game's running as smooth as silk now. :)

I really think EA are making a rod for their own back. OK, the 'CG' consoles are at the end of their development cycle, but to release the game looking exactly the same is just stupid and is going to reap the 'Fifa 10 v4' type posts. In any case, I'm sure the game can look better even on the CG machines - the simple fact is EA are too lazy, and too focused on 'NG' to make a few cosmetic tweaks that would make the game at least look fresh.

Its weird indeed, imo the console feels smoother and more responsive, evan though on PC the gfx can be a lot better(played 1080p with very high settings)

Also shooting feels better on the xbox for some reason i can hit them better and they felt more powerfull.

There are some tips elsewhere in the thread to make the PC version run smoothly. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom