FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

How is it performing on everyone's machines? On mine, it's not as smooth as Fifa 13 was.

And why did EA change the colour of the pitch again?? It was almost spot on in Fifa 13.

Last edited:

How is it performing on everyone's machines? On mine, it's not as smooth as Fifa 13 was.

And why did EA change the colour of the pitch again?? It was almost spot on in Fifa 13.

Smooth when forcing vsync and 4x antialiasing through RadeonPro instead game settings. GPU sits half-idle when playing just like fifa 13.
Turfs looks almost exactly like taken from modded pes6 ones lol .

In my PC (not a gaming one), it runs as smooth as 13.

The daytime pitch color is similar to FIFA 12. I like the greener overcast pitch though.

Performance adjustment tips from Fidel:

For those who have problems with lag/stuttering:
1) go to \yourusername\Documents\FIFA 14 Demo, open fifasetup.ini, set strings like this: SCREEN_SLEEP = 16, save.
2) set replay0.bin file inside instance0 folder to read only.
Enjoy!

I like the way of EA slowing the players down to an extent on the ball to replicate inertia and realistic body adjustments but I feel the very top dribblers like Silva (okay, more close control and silky than Robben explosive) feel a tad sluggish. I'd like the full game to address that and may be give them a tad boost in speed of turning their bodies when dribbling (without going overboard!)

Haven't played against a friend as of yet but playing vs computer is pretty hard on Legendary. There have been a few times though where their ball carrier (usually defensive midfielder) has over ran the ball or simply just lost it to a tackle from one of my players and I've sprang a counter attack straight away. That was very rare in 13 I thought especially in dangerous positions on the pitch and not just an attack breaking down around my box.

Oh and they still have those stupid 20 second unskippable cutscenes and the team management screen is awful, flawed, old and useless like it has been for the last 5 years.

Liking it so far but not a huge stretch from last year. Pro clubs looks identical again so nothing new to get me excited this year (again) from the videos I've seen online. Very very lazy EA...

Last edited:

Just had Bale sent off for a second yellow and the commentary that kicked in was some bored monotone line about how 'this player already had one booking and he's not learnt his lesson so he's off'

When has any player been sent off and the commentary just not given a toss?

Horrible.

Hate the menus too. Why is it STILL the same un user friendly crap?

Games fun though. Ball feel free, I like how players need to build up into a sprint and shooting feels much more weighty. Looking forward to this on next gen.

fifa14_demo.jpg

Compared to PES 2013 and FIFA 13 is worst!
People Heads Cut, Bad Animations, Bad Playable... :FAIL:

Only on PC Version.

cl.ini file works too for cameras which is a good job as the
cameras where too far away by default..games really good and grows on you too

The one thing I do like in the start menu during a match is the quick switch to a new formation. Pressing the right analogue stick on the team management preview screen thing and it adjusts the formation. Why can't they just build on that inside the actual menu option itself? Bizarre

cl.ini file works too for cameras which is a good job as the
cameras where too far away by default..games really good and grows on you too

Câmeras from FIFA 14 are bad compared to FIFA 13, but this file will help a bit :SMUG:

The one thing I do like in the start menu during a match is the quick switch to a new formation. Pressing the right analogue stick on the team management preview screen thing and it adjusts the formation. Why can't they just build on that inside the actual menu option itself? Bizarre

I agreed. The Menu is very cool.

played on ps3.

Enjoying this ALOT. everything is much improved. The next gen versions are gonna to be awesome.

Sorry if this is a ditzy question. How do you do the 'right thumb stick' stuff like flicking the ball forward? :CONFUSE:

played 3 games so not enough for an articulated opinion, but after 2 weeks with the pes 2014 demo, i gotta say fifa feel really outdated. EA needs to come up with a new come in the future.

playing on professional then game seemed easier than fifa 13 and there seems to be more depth and variation in off the ball movements. Not sure i like the new lighting but u can always ajust the tv i guess.

I couldn't figure out that command for on the fly subs, anyone?

Anyway loving keepers, presenation and the usual glamorous look/audio of the game. As far as the core match gameplay, pes 2014 is just on a different planet.

Dropped the difficulty down to Professional, using 6 min halves and really enjoying it.

Body weight and shielding is really noticeable and works so well, the likes of Balotelli are beasts now and you can finally use strength properly.

Also enjoying the first touch being "looser" and the ball just feeling more free so easier to collect a loose touch.

Playing on ps3. Not for me this year...

Been playing a lot of fifa12 (not through choice, just it was cheap!) and this isn't that much different. Sure, some nice little new ouches etc, but its still basically the same game. It's the FIFA DNA that's flawed and I doubt it will ever change.

I think if you are brand new to football games, the. Fifa14 would be absolutely amazing, but there isn't enough there to warrant a £50 spend out.

I pre ordered it earlier today,,but will cancel now and maybe pick up next year when it drops in price.

Shame as I do like the new teams/kits in each yearly update, but I just feel manager mode in league 2 will be the same old boring midfield slogfest.

Back
Top Bottom