FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

Can't wait to read your impressions and comparisons to the leaked demo!
Hopefully it does play the same with only the issues fixed!

WTF!

Thanks for buying EA SPORTS™ FIFA 14 Downloadable Demo!

This item was purchased previously. It has been added to your download queue.

Had to enter credit card details to download the demo from the US link! :)

After only a couple of matches:
- Ball physics are more unpredictable than ever, I like that.
- The AI plays some greaet football, almost too good on some teams (I've seen NY Bulls playing tiki taka).
- The game is much tighter defensively, players no longer run off the ball trajectory on through passes.
- I now understand what they meant by "foot planting", players literally adjust their feet so it plants on the ground (if you walk really slowly it looks a bit funny). The problem is, that only seems to apply to basic movement, whenever it transitions into something else, momentum is still ignored for smoothness.
- Player models look worse.
- Animations are being too manipulated by IK, so much that they're starting to look really weird at times.
- In terms of the actual gameplay, besides the extra inertia on basic movement, it doesn't feel that much different from FIFA13 with proper gameplay slider settings.
- The menus look awesome.
- Sound had a significant boost in quality.
- The color palette is easier on the eyes.
- Shorts physics are weird :P
- FINALLY they got rid of the annoying pre-substitution cut-scenes.

Have EA already showed any next-gen game play? I'm wondering what the differences will be.

I like the demo, agree with people saying that the various teams' play styles are very similar. And shooting is different, but don't mind not scoring goals in the demo :-)

It's on the A-Z section of the Demo tab for UK users but no option to download for me as yet.

A little but not much.

I saw the E3 vids, but it didn't really feel next-gen...dunno if that's because Fifa 14 is more of a port or the systems are brand new and all..but I expected more. NBA2K looks more next-gen on the PS4 and Xbone.

If anybody wants the xbox 360 demo from the UK marketplace go to games and type 'football' in the search menu and scroll along to the ea fifa 14 demo. dont go to the first fifa 14.

OK; two games in and here are my first impressions:

First off, you immediately notice the 'foot planting' and inertia.

The ball absolutely feels like its own separate entity now.

The game feels more 'solid' as a result - less floaty. Manual passing seems to work properly now in that if you want to play a tiny rolled pass with barely any power (like in PES), you can.

I noticed something I never saw in Fifa 13. When the AI was attacking and a winger was trying to cross into the box, when I moved a player to intercept, the AI player stopped and began rolling the ball from foot to foot in an effort to confuse my player. I never saw that in Fifa 13 - that is a huge plus.

The AI can now play balls in behind your defenders and if they're slower than the attackers, the attacker will be able to nip in behind and score a goal.

Everything just feels more solid - the ball physics are better, the player movement is better; everything is better.

OK, I'll admit - I was infuriated with EA for not giving the PC the Ignite engine, and the game does look very dated; the stadiums especially feel very dead - but credit where it's due: EA have not just recycled Fifa 13's gameplay here. This feels like a markedly different football game.

One weird thing I noticed though: when the AI wins a freekick, they're very good at passing the ball along the ground directly to one of your players. That needs looking at.

I love the formation screen in the menu - now it is so much faster to switch formations! All EA could've done to improve that is literally allow us to click on a player and drag him to a new position, but as it is it is a welcome addition.

EA: if KSI and his sheep want a faster game, then why not just point them towards the 'fast' setting? Leave slow exactly how it is - do not change a bloody thing!

Konami might well have shot themselves in the foot by not releasing the PC demo at the same time as the consoles, but that's for another thread... for me, Fifa 14 is showing a lot of potential.

OK, I'll admit - I was infuriated with EA for not giving the PC the Ignite engine, and the game does look very dated; the stadiums especially feel very dead - but credit where it's due: EA have not just recycled Fifa 13's gameplay here. This feels like a markedly different football game.
For once, I can forget this decision. The PS4/Xbox One version won't be that different in gameplay terms, given its first year iteration. Next year I can see a huge makeover using the true Ignite Engine, but not right now.

EA: if KSI and his sheep want a faster game, then why not just point them towards the 'fast' setting? Leave slow exactly how it is - do not change a bloody thing!
I have to admit I'm a bit worried about this. Let's hope EA won't change this gameplay, 'cause while still being FIFA, it's a whole better game tan previous versions. In fact, it reminded me of the good years (08-10-maybe 11).

I find it a bit boring at times to be honest, but that's usually my feeling towards FIFA demos. That being said, I was able to create some realistic chances which left me in awe. By saying that the demo bores me I don't mean that the game sucks. But the game is really similar to the last, I mean there are no drastic changes except the speed of the game. Fifa is a solid game and has been for a while but EA could dedicate more effort to make it even better. That's still the old engine though I guess. If I get it it'll be on PS4. When I played as Boca Juniors or Borussia Dortmund it was much more enjoyable however, it felt more real. The bigger teams bore me. :LOL:

For once, I can forget this decision. The PS4/Xbox One version won't be that different in gameplay terms, given its first year iteration. Next year I can see a huge makeover using the true Ignite Engine, but not right now.

Maybe the PC will get Ignite next year. :)

I have to admit I'm a bit worried about this. Let's hope EA won't change this gameplay, 'cause while still being FIFA, it's a whole better game tan previous versions. In fact, it reminded me of the good years (08-10-maybe 11).

Has KSI posted any videos about the demo yet? Who knows - he might actually like it...

Just played a bit more - really liking it. Other than the CPU possibly being a bit overpowered (very hard to get possession back against even crap teams) but very enjoyable. Only scored a couple goals in almost 10 matches, and not created much either. Excellent.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ki51j6b32u6e52r/cl.ini

To install it just put it in the Game folder.
made by Al Pacino PT on another forum.

Another way is to create a file "user.ini" in the fifa14demo/game folder and put this in the file:
SKIP_BOOTFLOW=1
HALF_LENGTH=6
STATE_TITLE_SCREEN_WITH_STARTBUTTON = 0
TITLE_SCREEN_TIME_BEFORE_PRESS_START = 0
STATE_LEGAL_SCREEN = 0
LEGAL_SCREEN_DISPLAY_TIME = 0

Is this working for peeps? I've put the user.ini in my root game folder and halves are still 3 mins...

Back
Top Bottom