FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

The more i play the better it gets!!! Slow/manual, sliders a bit lower. Just perfect...

Is it out on xbox yet?

After playing more, i feel it is pretty similar to 13 but with inertia makes the difference. Even though the speed in general might feel slower a little bit, it still quite frantic with top tier team and player. Fans of 13 will love it.

Anyway once again you need to fiddle with the sliders to get the most out of the game since the AI is too perfect at the moment. I'm not a fan of tweaking the AI behaviour on your own because i believe something such fundamental as that should be universal. It is the job of the developer to figure the best set up by default.

My impressions for demo (legendary, manual):
Similar to 13 but with some nice improvements:
- AI finally shoots more
- AI has more possession than in 13
- AI is more aggressive in defense. They even double-teamed me in their part of the pitch. It is harder to pass them on the wings (you can not easily outrun their LB/RB)

What I did not like was that AI abused lobbed through balls

- AI finally shoots more
- AI is more aggressive in defense.
You cannot assume this is the way the full game plays by default. It feels like for the purposes of this 3-minute demo that the CPU is locked on the same high pressure setting it switches to during the final minutes of any match in FIFA 13: pressure the offense, then boot the ball up to their FWs when they gain possession and shoot, shoot, shoot.

FIFA 14 is hopefully better than FIFA 13 gameplay wise, but its annoying to see that everything else is not changing for years now. The nets, the stadiums, adboards, lines on the pitch, kit textures, really almost everyting is just the same. Because of that, I think this FIFA 14 is 99% the same as FIFA 13.

got a link ?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ki51j6b32u6e52r/cl.ini

To install it just put it in the Game folder.
made by Al Pacino PT on another forum.

Another way is to create a file "user.ini" in the fifa14demo/game folder and put this in the file:
SKIP_BOOTFLOW=1
HALF_LENGTH=6
STATE_TITLE_SCREEN_WITH_STARTBUTTON = 0
TITLE_SCREEN_TIME_BEFORE_PRESS_START = 0
STATE_LEGAL_SCREEN = 0
LEGAL_SCREEN_DISPLAY_TIME = 0

Last edited:

- AI finally shoots more
- AI is more aggressive in defense. They even double-teamed me in their part of the pitch. It is harder to pass them on the wings (you can not easily outrun their LB/RB)

Sounds exactly the way I remember FIFA 13 demo.
Then it all went sour once the full game was released.

Completely forgot this was out today (shows how excited I am about it, eh), but I'm going to give it a try anyway. First impressions sound good, but it's worrying that you guys said Fifa 13 demo was like this and then EA changed too much in the full release.

I was wondering though: what is it that EA change? Isn't it something that can likely be reversed through sliders (although that doesn't help for online of course)?

That is a huge plus. Looking forward to playing this. You can't really grasp the inertia or movement from the videos.

That's why I never make final decisions based on videos - have to try a demo at least.

FIFA 14 is hopefully better than FIFA 13 gameplay wise, but its annoying to see that everything else is not changing for years now. The nets, the stadiums, adboards, lines on the pitch, kit textures, really almost everyting is just the same. Because of that, I think this FIFA 14 is 99% the same as FIFA 13.

We knew that already from the videos; get used to it. Fifa PC/360/PS3 will not change how it looks ever again and as time goes by it will look more and more dated compared to the 'NG' version.

However, you cannot get a feel for how a game actually plays from videos, so try the demo for yourself. Also remember that there have been some big changes off the pitch, especially in Career Mode with Global Scouting.

To install it just put it in the Game folder.
made by Al Pacino PT on another forum.

Another way is to create a file "user.ini" in the fifa14demo/game folder and put this in the file:
SKIP_BOOTFLOW=1
HALF_LENGTH=6
STATE_TITLE_SCREEN_WITH_STARTBUTTON = 0
TITLE_SCREEN_TIME_BEFORE_PRESS_START = 0
STATE_LEGAL_SCREEN = 0
LEGAL_SCREEN_DISPLAY_TIME = 0

Please step by step how to install:
1.create folder fifa14demo/game ? (where?)
2.Paste there user.ini file?
3.And what next? Do I need origin or fifa13 installed?

Sorry but please clearly step by step.
THanks.

Im really like the game, its much more realistic then 13. The fisic is very good.

Agree, im very surprized actually, i just coudlnt see all the physics in the pre-release videos. And i wasnt expecting such a difernet game from 13... and this changes the hole dynamic of the match.

Once u play it u fell it imediatly.

Only downside for me atm is shooting, maybe im still learning but for now i think 13 shooting was more satisfing and had more power behind it, i also think the GK are a bit overpower atm, but might be because i need to learn this new shooting mechanics(had the same problem in every FIFA switch, 11 to 12, 12 to 13 etc)

Agree, im very surprized actually, i just coudlnt see all the physics in the pre-release videos. And i wasnt expecting such a difernet game from 13... and this changes the hole dynamic of the match.

Once u play it u fell it imediatly.

Only downside for me atm is shooting, maybe im still learning but for now i think 13 shooting was more satisfing and had more power behind it, i also think the GK are a bit overpower atm, but might be because i need to learn this new shooting mechanics(had the same problem in every FIFA switch, 11 to 12, 12 to 13 etc)
For me, the downside is the refferes. gave two penalties in that I barely touched the striker.

Please step by step how to install:
1.create folder fifa14demo/game ? (where?)
2.Paste there user.ini file?
3.And what next? Do I need origin or fifa13 installed?

Sorry but please clearly step by step.
THanks.

Use this option, it is easier.
Note that this is only for PC:

Download this:

and copy paste that file it in the Fifa14/Game folder.

That is all.

Is it just me or do all teams play the same? Short passing with the occasional lobbed through-ball, high defensive line, heavy pressing? Feels like all teams have the same approach to me.

For xbox users,go demos...A-Z box,choose E for Ea sports fifa...click it,dont choose purchase byt see full game and then u get no error and u can download it

Back
Top Bottom