FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

Thanks for the gameplay video above. I can't judge it properly until I play it but there were some really quick turns from the AI that just remind me of the main thing that bugs me with it. Getting skinned by AI that slaloms all over the place and can turn 180 degrees in zero seconds...arhhhh my head hurts! lol

I will see how it plays though before I write it off.

Thanks for the gameplay video above. I can't judge it properly until I play it but there were some really quick turns from the AI that just remind me of the main thing that bugs me with it. Getting skinned by AI that slaloms all over the place and can turn 180 degrees in zero seconds...arhhhh my head hurts! lol

I will see how it plays though before I write it off.

Must be a video thing because the players definitely don't turn as quickly as they used to, foot pivoting is clear and makes a big difference to movement now.

Can't trust the demos again after what they did to 13 last year. I genuinely thought the 13 demo was the best football game I'd played - up there with the best of what PES has ever offered. Was actually jumping out of my seat at some of the play/goals.

Then the full version came out and it was so different - I was gutted.

So not sure if I want to risk the demo today?

After playing both PES2014 & FIFA14 demos. Can say PES has comfortably better animations & graphics. Never ever thought id ever say that.

FIFA14 is much better and slower(importantly)game than FIFA13. I enjoy it without being wowed. But IMO PES took the next step this year with ball physics, anmations and lighting.

Just played it on pc! OMG much better than fifa13 on manual/slow!!! Better in everything!!!

PES has a lot job to do vs this...

Last edited:

Much better and slower on manual@slow :D,you can really feel the inertia/momentum while running/turning with players.If the retail version will play similar to this demo i can see a lot of Fifa/COD kidz moaning about Fifa 14 :).

Midfield battles and AI marking?

AI marking is pretty good, I found it difficult to find an open man a lot of the time, hardly got a shot away either due to the CPU being good at marking and covering space.

Glad to hear that and has it gotten closer to PES style of simulation apart from the movement physics? Would also like to know if midfield plays a greater role.

Much better and slower on manual@slow :D,you can really feel the inertia/momentum while running/turning with players.If the retail version will play similar to this demo i can see a lot of Fifa/COD kidz moaning about Fifa 14 :).

The unfortunate thing is, EA will never release it at this pace. It's too simulated/slow for the mass market. even though it's worlds better this way. FIFA 13 demo was the same.

Glad to hear that and has it gotten closer to PES style of simulation apart from the movement physics? Would also like to know if midfield plays a greater role.

Apart from the inertia, I wouldn't say it feels closer to PES. At its core, it's still the same FIFA as previous but just a slower pace due to the momentum and the AI seemingly a bit smarter too.

I'm expecting PES to still be more "realistic", there's something still about FIFA which does feel more "arcade-like" to me. I'm not saying that to start any wars or anything but, to me, the FIFA series does try to cater for all kinds of players whereas PES aims for a particular type of player.

Even slowed down, it's not PES. It's probably not trying to be though, and that's fine. But as Rocky said, if EA release it with this pace, I can imagine some people won't be happy at all at not being able to just sprint around. And that's a good thing.

The unfortunate thing is, EA will never release it at this pace. It's too simulated/slow for the mass market. even though it's worlds better this way. FIFA 13 demo was the same.

Yes. After teenagers (and KSI) spam EA with negative responses how game is too slow, they will change it to more arcady.
EA should make simulation and arcade option for gameplay.

At first i was surprised of how more realistic it feels than fifa 13, but the more i play the more similiar to fifa 13 it gets to me. Way too easy to create chances with lofted through ball, pace is everything.
Also referees giving shitty penalties when you clearly reach the ball and collide a little, just like in fifa 13 .

Can't trust the demos again after what they did to 13 last year. I genuinely thought the 13 demo was the best football game I'd played - up there with the best of what PES has ever offered. Was actually jumping out of my seat at some of the play/goals.

Then the full version came out and it was so different - I was gutted.

So not sure if I want to risk the demo today?

Couldn't agree more.

I'll be very surprised if the gameplay stays the same for the retail version. As mentioned above, I'm sure KSI and his legion of sheep will make their voices heard to EA.

@polakis : Yep. PC = 360/PS3

DagsJT said:
Apart from the inertia, I wouldn't say it feels closer to PES. At its core, it's still the same FIFA as previous but just a slower pace due to the momentum and the AI seemingly a bit smarter too.

I'm expecting PES to still be more "realistic", there's something still about FIFA which does feel more "arcade-like" to me. I'm not saying that to start any wars or anything but, to me, the FIFA series does try to cater for all kinds of players whereas PES aims for a particular type of player.

Even slowed down, it's not PES. It's probably not trying to be though, and that's fine. But as Rocky said, if EA release it with this pace, I can imagine some people won't be happy at all at not being able to just sprint around. And that's a good thing.

Glad it isn't a sprint fest. Anyway, since I'm an offline player, I wouldn't bother too much. Sliders and gameplay mods show great difference. Hope midfield battles are way too common.

Last edited:

Agree with what others said about last year's demo. Full game was totally different. I expect the same with this.

For me, FIFA 13 retail with gameplay mods and sliders is still better than the demo.

Wow, a bit suprised actually...really like this Fifa 14 demo! I get worried though when you people say that you don´t think the retail version will be like this.

Only played Fifa 13 demo and did not like that so much, to fast and no inertia at all.
Never tried the full version, so i wonder what changes did they do to that?

Must be a video thing because the players definitely don't turn as quickly as they used to, foot pivoting is clear and makes a big difference to movement now.

Basically... this.

You almost can't tell that the movement has changed when you watch a video.

To those petrified that EA will ruin what the demo does well, there is a simple solution. Get out there, and do what you can to persuade people that this is an improvement. You can't blame EA if they don't hear us.

Last edited:

Pretty good demo and the changes from fifa 13 are pretty big as far as player responsiveness and momentum/weight.

However, to me the defensive side suffers from a huge lack of crispness when moving without the ball. The speed of the players is good, but you don't really feel like the players are on their toes and ready to explode in different directions. They feel very sluggish even when doing small movements, which do not require actually moving off the ground. That coupled with the AI passing around so perfectly leads to the feeling that your defenders are slippery soap bars sliding around and never being able to contain an opponent.

Definitely an improvement over 13 though after playing for 30 minutes or so.

Back
Top Bottom