FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

LOL it's the only one I have to hand that shows the projector screen! :) I'll do a new one next week for the PES/Fifa demos and then the week after for GTAV ;)

LOL it's the only one I have to hand that shows the projector screen! :) I'll do a new one next week for the PES/Fifa demos and then the week after for GTAV ;)

Lucky you! I'm stuck with a 26in screen right now, so playing Fifa from bed isn't an option because it's a real strain to see the ball properly. Hopefully a 32 inch screen will improve matters - that's the maximum screen I can have given the space it has to fit into. If not, I'll just sit in my comfy chair (not desk chair) and play. I used to be happy to sit up at my PC, but since linking it to the bigger screen with HDMI, I much prefer to play from bed. What? I go to the gym three times a week, so I'm not lazy... no, not at all. :D :D :D ;)

It would be very hard to contemplate going back to a smaller screen to be honest, although I recently bought a Philips 27" PC monitor for my desk and that seemed huge after having a 22" one there but you very quickly get used to it!

Any new news on creation centre I hope we can make and import multiple leagues and sub divisions in CM

They clog up the thread and go off topic just as much as anything else. As the guy said - 'pot, kettle, black'.

I see them as light entertainment when people are arguing about bullshit and repeating themselves all of the time.

Why is there so little news or previews or proper videos on Fifa this year? They've gone so much complacent from last year..

Why is there so little news or previews or proper videos on Fifa this year? They've gone so much complacent from last year..

Just Google FIFA 13 reviews and you'll get a good indication of what FIFA 14 will be like.

Couldn't help myself, sorry.

What are the management-speak buzzwords this year?

Ultimate Pro Control Dribbling 2.0?

Ultimate Gameplay 2.0

featuring Pro Passing 2.0 with new 'Prefect precision'

First Touch 2.5Now you can trap the ball closer to you than EVER before.

Ultimate Tactical Defending, Now you can contain 2 PLAYERS at once with added AI refined awareness.

Ultimate Precision Dribbling Now you can keep the ball closer to you than EVER before.

Next year don't be surprised to see Pro Long balls, or Pro tackling or Pro Heading.

Ultimate Gameplay 2.0

featuring Pro Passing 2.0 with new 'Prefect precision'

First Touch 2.5Now you can trap the ball closer to you than EVER before.

Ultimate Tactical Defending, Now you can contain 2 PLAYERS at once with added AI refined awareness.

Ultimate Precision Dribbling Now you can keep the ball closer to you than EVER before.

Next year don't be surprised to see Pro Long balls, or Pro tackling or Pro Heading.

:LOL: It's typically their way of marketing. They should focus on something basic like a clear differentiation between right and left footed players.
The trailers highlighted that stupid aspect of FIFA with many players using their weaker foot as well as their strong ones, dribbling and volleying the ball.

:LOL: It's typically their way of marketing. They should focus on something basic like a clear differentiation between right and left footed players.
The trailers highlighted that stupid aspect of FIFA with many players using their weaker foot as well as their strong ones, dribbling and volleying the ball.

True Feet™

How about no gimmicks and in the next few years the main point being a revamped gameplay code which simulates the gameplay from Stats, all of which are directly programmed into the game from the very beginning.

So value 75 for dribbling allows turns at certain angles only at a certain speed and allows different types of drag backs and cuts, value 90 allows more. Value 60 for technique doesn't allow instant first touch for tricky high balls, vaule 70 allows consistent first touch etc.. Mentality affects stats depending on the game etc.. The ratings we see now are all Politics, Messi must only be 1 point ahead of Cristiano, Neymar should be 85 etc.. blah blah. No care about trying to show stats which play like him, instead its politics regarding overalls.

This is better instead of the issue we have seen for the last 5 years where the animations, gameplay code gameplay gimmicks like Pro Passing, tactical defending etc.. is all codded in with stats affecting things in a linear way afterwords which show little to no difference unless its speed, acceleration, strength and stamina? Three things which are very easy to program in a liner way.

I don't know I think over the years they have made more advancements than Pro Evo, this year seems to be the year for pro Evo hopefully. But let's not get too cocky and start laughing at EA.

They brought in tactical defending which I think is much better than the old way.
Fully manual controls.
Sliders
Pro passing, which they chickened out of making really good. But still.
Using tricks and moves with the right stick.
New physics system, that although has bugs was pretty damn good IMO.

There are others that I probably will remember later. But to say they are all gimmicks etc isn't the whole truth, the problem I have with the new stuff they introduce they tend to numb it down for the masses and they could have a great game if they didn't do this.

To be honest I think there is a lot more to laugh about and take the piss out of Pes over recent years than Fifa and EA.

This year Pes seems to be getting it right, but in terms of game modes, online, league mode etc they are still quite a bit behind, including things like taking away league mode etc

I don't think Ea Fifa is amazing I know the flaws and the bullshit, but I still don't think they are as bad as people make out.

To be honest I think there is a lot more to laugh about and take the piss out of Pes over recent years than Fifa and EA.
I don't think Ea Fifa is amazing I know the flaws and the bullshit, but I still don't think they are as bad as people make out.
Up until this year anyway...
-PES: Poorly made game designed for older gamers and people who appreciate simulation football.
-FIFA: Well made arcade game specifically designed to appeal to young casual gamers and to make EA gobs of money via DLC.

Nothing more to it than that. Not sure what you mean by "as bad as people make them out to be." Is Konami not as bad as many people around here make them out to be? Because people rag on Konami all the time as well. That's to be expected. It's the internet, where everyone's opinion is... their opinion.

I don't know I think over the years they have made more advancements than Pro Evo, this year seems to be the year for pro Evo hopefully. But let's not get too cocky and start laughing at EA.

They brought in tactical defending which I think is much better than the old way.
Fully manual controls.
Sliders

There are others that I probably will remember later. But to say they are all gimmicks etc isn't the whole truth, the problem I have with the new stuff they introduce they tend to numb it down for the masses and they could have a great game if they didn't do this.

This year Pes seems to be getting it right, but in terms of game modes, online, league mode etc they are still quite a bit behind, including things like taking away league mode etc

I agree with all of that.

Fully manual controls.
Sliders

Pes 2011 introduced defensive hold up play.

PES 2009 contextual dribbling and heavier weighted ball physics

PES 2010 refined first touch system

PES 2012 expanded teammate ai and stat based semi manual passing (zero bar) which differed from the earlier iterations of FIFA manual by emphasising stat application mixed with player input

Both games have brought new stuff to the field, and influenced each other, particularly FIFA's jostling system from FIFA 09, custom tactics, 360 degree dribbling, extensive online modes, realtime physics etc.

I still prefer PES all these years (mainly due to individuality, movement physics and tactical depth which have always been there despite the extreme criticism) but I can appreciate the positives of both.

Fully manual controls.
Sliders

Agreed - Fifa 13 was a very good game. The main reason I'm pissed with EA right now is the lack of Ignite on the PC, but that's for another thread. ;)

Up until this year anyway...
-PES: Poorly made game designed for older gamers and people who appreciate simulation football.
-FIFA: Well made arcade game specifically designed to appeal to young casual gamers and to make EA gobs of money via DLC.

Nothing more to it than that. Not sure what you mean by "as bad as people make them out to be." Is Konami not as bad as many people around here make them out to be? Because people rag on Konami all the time as well. That's to be expected. It's the internet, where everyone's opinion is... their opinion.

I don't think Pes is that much of a sim myself, more so than FIFA maybe, but still very far away from being a sim. (this year maybe different though from what I have heard)

And all this stuff about Fifa being for young gamers isnt right IMO, but it is something that people keep splurging out, it is definitely more for the masses but those masses include a wide range of ages and for differing reasons.

And your last bit about opinions is very true, but I can't see where indisputed it was all about people's opinions?

Anyway my main point was that FIFA has gimmicks, but that is not what they are all about, I think they have introduced a lot of good things over the years that I think are being overlooked somewhat.

But let's not get into a Pes FIFA argument, I really don't care enough for either title. I am actually looking forward to playing Pes more han FIFA this year :))

FIFA 14 - The Start Of The Season
Knuckle Ball Freekick Tutorial

Arcade or not, loving this game already. Need to play it to realise how much has changed in terms of movement physics.

Sorry, but that start of the season is pre-rendered. Nothing is from actual gameplay.

The only gameplay vids of FIFA I saw were from KSI/Calfreezy/Nephetezz and such and sadly, looks like nothing changed from FIFA 12/13.

Gonna save money and play FIFA13 with new season update. :D

I'm 37 and enjoy FIFA on manual settings. Not sure how the game is made for kids?! What a load of rubbish that comment is. It's not just made for kids at all!

And PES is too "stuttery" (best word I can think of atm) for my liking. Haven't seen much of PES14 so can't say if that's changed. Saying that, it doesn't matter what it looks like, its how it feels when I play it so I'll reserve judgement on both for now.

I'm 37 and enjoy FIFA on manual settings. Not sure how the game is made for kids?!

And I'm 41 the exact day of Fifa's release and also enjoy Fifa on all manual settings.
What a load of rubbish that comment is. It's not just made for kids at all!

It's the kind of comment someone makes when they're trying to make cheap points attacking the fanbase of one game over another, poor effort.

I'm 37 and enjoy FIFA on manual settings. Not sure how the game is made for kids?! What a load of rubbish that comment is. It's not just made for kids at all!

And PES is too "stuttery" (best word I can think of atm) for my liking. Haven't seen much of PES14 so can't say if that's changed. Saying that, it doesn't matter what it looks like, its how it feels when I play it so I'll reserve judgement on both for now.

This whole idea of 'Fifa is for kids and PES is for adults' is such a load of old cack. Try Fifa on manual - and then show me the 'kid' who has the patience to learn it.

All of EA's games are designed for arcade fun. They're easy to pick up and play and developed for the online crowd. So yes, FIFA is designed with young gamers in mind. The fact that you're an older gamer who enjoys FIFA is entirely beside the point. I'm many years older than you and I play FIFA every day. I enjoy it as well. But I understand it's a child's toy version of the sport it's attempting to emulate when compared to simulation sports games like The Show, NBA2K and PES.

Back
Top Bottom