FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

So talking about the actual gameplay (Actual gamplay features), which people have played, talked about and expressed there feelings online is a no no?

I'm also not the only one talking about it. Theres guys at Reddit too. Go and get them then aswell.

If you continue, I will inform EA, however much of an ass I may sound saying it.
Big difference between simply reminding him of his responsibilities, and being a self-righteous tattle-tale.

Let him tell them, I'm not bothered tbh as I'm not even going to get the game. I'm only talking about the actual gameplay too which people already have talked about in interviews, videos, articles and forums if they have been to say, E3, gamescom etc. etc. Nothing about the features added into FUT.

The thing is there other places doing it. Hes just going for me as there only seems to be me talking about it.

I've said it twice already. uksix, you're not allowed to talk about the betas outside of the closed beta forums. I'd like to talk about it too, but those are the rules and I wouldn't want you/Evo-Web to get in trouble, nor to harm the chance of betas like this continuing in future.

If you continue, I will inform EA, however much of an ass I may sound saying it.

Seriously? Really surprised, especially coming from you. You sound like you work for EA lately. If that in bold is your goal, then, you doing it worse!

I know it sounds harsh, as I am clearly aware, but those are the terms you agreed to. Are others breaking the rules too? Yes, they are - but that isn't much justification.

You have to understand that this is a beta, not a demo. When EA serve up demos for press previews and for conferences, they are designed to demonstrate the game. A closed beta is designed to elicit feedback from users, and to test their systems, and not to demonstrate the game.

Over the course of the year, EA provide opportunities to play early versions of their games. A lot of them are not entirely finished and a lot of them won't be especially polished. Therefore EA will put restrictions on what can, and cannot be made public. There has to be a level of trust there: EA need to know that embargoes won't be broken, and that those who are allowed to publish information are responsible with how they do it.

I can see why it seems harsh, I can also see why EA want to keep this stuff private.

angus said:
Big difference between simply reminding him of his responsibilities, and being a self-righteous tattle-tale.

I reminded everyone twice already.

azur said:
Seriously? Really surprised, especially coming from you. You sound like you work for EA lately. If that in bold is your goal, then, you doing it worse!

There it is. I was accused of being a viral marketing agent for Konami a couple of years ago. I think it should be perfectly clear that I am not some EA plant, nor someone who ignores EA's faults. At the same time, I respect their wishes when it comes to embargoes and think others should too - and I would say precisely the same if this was Konami's game or anyone else's game for that matter.

Last edited:

We don't want you here mate. Go on, spam those dead EA Forums.

Last edited:

Harp on him all you like, he's right. Continuously breaking NDA on a public forum like this is a fast way to get evo web members barred from any future events/promotions/betas - which is not good in the long term.

Harp on him all you like, he's right. Continuously breaking NDA on a public forum like this is a fast way to get evo web members barred from any future events/promotions/betas - which is not good in the long term.

Like who?

In general, a community which abuses its privilege stands to lose that privilege. I know this is a slightly sore spot, but hackers exploring the PC PES demo apparently lead to the PC demo not being released alongside the console demos. Another example would be that EA developers no longer converse in the forums because of how they were abused and threatened when they did.

Last edited:

He is allowed to talk as much as he wants. It's democracy you know? He might just not get invited for another beta if so (for breaking the rules). ;)

And believe me, even if you send valid feedback from beta, EA won't change anything in the game now. Because the game has got ready status written all over it.

Even if you inform EA, all they want is money. :]

I am glad that uksix is sharing his thoughts and actually, made sure I won't be buying FIFA again in near future ;).

Btw demo to hit on 11th of September. Why make the fuss of beta now? :P

What's a democracy? I don't really see what that has to do with anything. He accepted a terms of service agreement. He violated that agreement. I don't personally feel Evo-Web should encourage him, or others, to do so.

Secondly, whatever you may believe, EA do take community feedback seriously. Nothing could be clearer from my experiences.

He is right though, they made it very clear, no pictures, no video, no talking about the beta.

The more leaks come out from the beta, the more likely they won't do a beta in the future, I already missed out on this one, surely you don't want me to miss out again in the future? That would just be cruel! ;)

If a moderate wants to delete the stuff. Go ahead.

Still doesn't change the fact that theres much, much more people and other places doing the same, and no one is saying a thing about them.

What's a democracy? I don't really see what that has to do with anything. He accepted a terms of service agreement. He violated that agreement. I don't personally feel Evo-Web should encourage him, or others, to do so.

Secondly, whatever you may believe, EA do take community feedback seriously. Nothing could be clearer from my experiences.

Let's just wait for Evo-web moderator if he agrees with you, Rod. :))

Actually EA are getting everything they find taken down, especially on Youtube/Twitter.

I saw that in the beta forums (I couldn't go into them for the first 24 hours). But there are still places which people (Like me) are talking about the game play features.

I reminded everyone twice already.
Here you are making excuses when you should be slapping yourself for your rude comment and apologizing. Your social skills are abysmal. If you have a problem with posts on this forum you PM the mods and let them deal with it. You don't threaten to run and tattle to EA.

Last edited:

EA listens to feedback having to do with adding extraneous nonsense like Ultimate Team gold packs etc. If the kids want it and it will make EA even more money, they're all ears, sure. But when it comes to listening to feedback pertaining to gameplay changes that would move the series in a simulation direction, they have zero interest. In other words, any truth regarding the statement "EA takes community feedback seriously" is entirely relative.

Last edited:

I've said it twice already. uksix, you're not allowed to talk about the betas outside of the closed beta forums. I'd like to talk about it too, but those are the rules and I wouldn't want you/Evo-Web to get in trouble, nor to harm the chance of betas like this continuing in future.

Rodelero, you're not allowed to post such threats to our members here. You are in no position to do so. Go ahead and advise the person if you want.

If EA has an issue with uksix's posts they can contact us Admins/Mods regarding the issue and we'll deal with it.

Any more talk of this will be deleted. This is final.

Thanks and get back on topic.

Last edited:

0ed.gif

Back
Top Bottom