FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

On what system?

Where did they advertise it?

I got an email from them about signing up for FUT/Career around over a week ago.

If its any proof:

hdcfoTw.jpg

I already hate the skills/first touch.

Last edited:

I just saw my email today asking if I wanted to try and get into the beta :-(

How is it playing? any good stuff?

Its pretty much just FIFA 13.

- Slightly slower, but still no passing required to win games like in past FIFA games. You can just run.
- More skills, with and without LT (Already Announced).
- RT has to be kept hold of to do heavy touches. I personally hate it as your run after doing the touch.
- Shooting easier.
- Finesse shots easier.
- Lofted through balls easier.
- Players automatically do skill if your turning around them. Example: Iniesta did the "Ronaldo Chop" to get around a guy instead of dribbling past him.
- Ball likes to float in the air.

Last edited:

So annoying, seeing people on the EA forums complaining they've been sent CM beta codes because they don't play CM and have never played CM, what's the point inviting people to a beta for a mode they don't bloody play? :(

Its pretty much just FIFA 13.

- Slightly slower, but still no passing required to win games like in past FIFA games. You can just run.
- More skills, with and without LT (Already Announced).
- RT has to be kept hold of to do heavy touches. I personally hate it as your run after doing the touch.
- Shooting easier.
- Finesse shots easier.
- Players automatically do skill if your turning around them. Example: Iniesta did the "Ronaldo Chop" to get around a guy instead of dribbling past him.

Wow I'm really excited about it now........:CRY:

So annoying, seeing people on the EA forums complaining they've been sent CM beta codes because they don't play CM and have never played CM, what's the point inviting people to a beta for a mode they don't bloody play? :(

It think it has both Fut and CM. I just went straight in.

Yeah, not really having much fun with this tbh. Lower rated people seems to have the "PES Button Lag" when moving.

Correction: Just FUT actually. There was a few tabs on the start and I thought it said CM, with the email being about it. But yeah, its just pretty much same old FIFA to me.

Last edited:

I got an email from them about signing up for FUT/Career around over a week ago.

If its any proof:

hdcfoTw.jpg

Lighting in that screenshot looks great. Almost looks like a real game.

- Shooting easier.
- Finesse shots easier.
Pretty much the worst case scenario stuff I've been worried about since they announced their new shooting system.

Last time I checked grass is not lime green. EA always uses cartoon color palettes. Not my definition of real.

Colour looks appropriate for the lighting conditions and for the most part the colour palette EA uses is fine.

Why would they need beta testers for FUT?
Isn't it just the same as last year?

Colour looks appropriate for the lighting conditions and for the most part the colour palette EA uses is fine.
Colour looks cartoonish as it does with all EA's games. There was a study done that I read online, talking about how certain game devs choose bright cartoon colours for their games because they appeal to children and young people. Children and young people are the largest video game consumer group and the greater the appeal to that group, the more games devs sell. I could do a comparison with screens showing how much different EA's colour palette looks compared to real football, versus PES which uses a colour palette almost identical to real-life. But there's no point given it's simple to see by just looking.

Just turn your colours down on your TV and the ingame brightness/contrast. It looks fine then as I find it too much on default. It's not exactly that much of an issue n

Yeah I'm really not sure it's specifically designed to appeal to children, rather they think they're making it lifelike looking but they aint got it right yet.

Colour looks cartoonish as it does with all EA's games. There was a study done that I read online, talking about how certain game devs choose bright cartoon colours for their games because they appeal to children and young people. Children and young people are the largest video game consumer group and the greater the appeal to that group, the more games devs sell. I could do a comparison with screens showing how much different EA's colour palette looks compared to real football, versus PES which uses a colour palette almost identical to real-life. But there's no point given it's simple to see by just looking.

I haven't played any EA games other than FIFA in years so I can't comment about those. To be honest I think a lot of people play games with the colour cranked way too high. I play FIFA and most other games with my TV colour saturation set at about 55-60% and my brightness set at 65-70%, and have always thought FIFA looked very good at those settings. The player models still look "cartoony" I suppose, but I haven't had problems with the colour palette.

The player models still look "cartoony" I suppose, but I haven't had problems with the colour palette.
Ha! I really like the player models and have always thought the colours were the problem visually, so there you go!

Is that screenshot at post #907 from a night match?

The pitch in Fifa looks nowhere near the pristine look of a real match. EA are probably years away from even getting close.

idx-6.jpg

If its any proof:

What platform did you play the beta on?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom