FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

Some career mode stuff:

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-14/25505-fifa-14-career-mode-the-new-features

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-14/25518-fifa-14-career-mode-preview

Have to say I'm massively underwhelmed, it's the mode I play exclusively and it seems like they put virtually no effort in this year to add stuff that's been missing for a long time and more importantly fix the numerous things which have big issues, such as regens with black silhouettes and the 8,000 6' 9" right footed left backs the game seems to always end up with. Really don't like the idea of a fog of war either, always turn that crap off in FM.
What kills me is they continue to add all these things, yet the basics are missing year in and year out. For once I would like to able to VIEW RESULTS, TABLES and STATS from all leagues around the world. Seriously, how riidiculous is it that this isn't possible in career mode? It's like playing career mode in some surreal vacuum where global news and internet surfing doesn't exist.

What kills me is they continue to add all these things, yet the basics are missing year in and year out. For once I would like to able to VIEW RESULTS, TABLES and STATS from all leagues around the world. Seriously, how riidiculous is it that this isn't possible in career mode? It's like playing career mode in some surreal vacuum where global news and internet surfing doesn't exist.

In CM they do actually simulate results from league's in other countries don't they? Im not sure what is the point if you can't view league tables or stats for other countries.

In CM they do actually simulate results from league's in other countries don't they? Im not sure what is the point if you can't view league tables or stats for other countries.
There is no way to view results, tables and stats from any league except your own, that is correct. Now if I were programming a career mode from scratch, the very first bit of programming I'd include would be the ability to cycle thru the various leagues from around the world in order to see what was going on in those leagues. It's bizarre to me that we can't do something so basic, it kills the immersion factor.

Last edited:

There is no way to view results, tables and stats from any league except your own, that is correct. Now if I were programming a career mode from scratch, the very first bit of programming I'd include would be the ability to cycle thru the various leagues from around the world in order to see what was going on in those leagues. It's bizarre to me that we can't do something so basic, it kills the immersion factor.

It might have something to do with the loading times because on the PS3 version in particular the loading times on the calendar when its doing results and transfers are really slow as it is.

Although they already simulate the CPUvsCPU results from leagues in other countries, im not sure if the game records the goal scorers or simulates results in the lower leagues.

Guys how will you make the extra sprint in fifa14. In fifa13 it was with the right stick...

Think I read something like it happens automatically depending on how fast you're running with the ball? So you have to be careful not to knock the ball too far ahead or something? Perhaps Scorpio can tell us as he's played it :)

Yup because now the right stick is for tricks without pressing the modifier first such as LT/L2

Damn, that could be potentially a very very big change from 13, for the better!

I mean, it would decrease drastically the turbo effect fast players have when they spam the knock ahead. It could change the hole dynamic of the game(talking more about online games against friends).

Very good news.

It might have something to do with the loading times because on the PS3 version in particular the loading times on the calendar when its doing results and transfers are really slow as it is.

Although they already simulate the CPUvsCPU results from leagues in other countries, im not sure if the game records the goal scorers or simulates results in the lower leagues.

In fifa 13 you could see the league standings and scorers I think. Although I havent played it since jan Im not sure.

Damn, that could be potentially a very very big change from 13, for the better!

I mean, it would decrease drastically the turbo effect fast players have when they spam the knock ahead. It could change the hole dynamic of the game(talking more about online games against friends).

Very good news.

I think so as well, especially for me as I am a bit of a double sprint on the wing abuser! Playing PES even though you can double tap R2 to knock it ahead it doesn't always work like it would in Fifa so it was much more hit and miss.

Probably, tap sprint button 2x or 3x for knock ball ahead/extra sprints :JAY:

It's possible, don't remember reading anything other than it being context sensitive and that if you do it at the wrong time it will make it very easy to lose the ball, which of course is good.

In fifa 13 you could see the league standings and scorers I think. Although I havent played it since jan Im not sure.

IIRC you can see the league standings for all other leagues but you can only see the scorers/assists/bookings tables for your own league, don't think you could even see it for the leagues above/below in your own country (eg if you're doing an English CM)

hi guys!!so what about game speed??is it slower this year?and if someone can tell me about the players movement,they turn so fast like last year in fifa 13?thanks!

I am really happy that they added remaining years of contact search option. I am yet undicided regarding the hidden stats (does it really make sense, because you could see them for your opponent players before the match in team management menu).

Career Mode Fundamentals
A new “Disable first summer transfer window” option has been added to Career Modes setup. This will allow you to maintain real world squads up until January.
The OVR player value has now been masked in Career Mode. You can only see the OVR value of players in your own squad meaning you'll have to scout players to find out how good they are.
Player growth now appears to be more subtle, with only minor gains and decreases seen after half a seasons play.
Player fatigue has maintained the match by match recovery changes from FIFA 13 but appears to be more harsh on in-game fatigue, with more players in to the orange/red values.
Career Mode User Interface
A new user interface has revolutionised the way you navigate Career Mode's menus.
Five main navigation options now hold all game information – Central, Squad, Transfers, Office and Season.
Most tiles in the Career Mode interface have sub-options which you access by flicking the right analogue stick.
Team formations can now be changed on the fly without going in to Team Management. A tile on the Squad screen is dedicated to this task.
The email screen now has a reading pane and the game no longer stops advancement for trivial information.
Player Conversations now appear in the their own tab within the email notification screen.
Global Transfer Network
When you start Career Mode you will now have 3 GTN scouts already hired.
You can have a maximum of 6 GTN scouts.
6 Scout Instruction slots allow you to configure the types of players you want to search for.
You first choose the position, age group and contract length. Then up to six traits to find the type of player you want to find.
You can relocate your scouts to new countries, or recall them at any time.
A tile on the Central Career Mode homepage, updates in real time as new players are scouted.
Once targets are identified you can choose to remove them, keep them, or compile a more detailed scouting report.
The detailed scouting reports will show you a selection of player stats and their potential transfer value. The more times you scout a player the more accurate the data becomes.
The player OVR value is hidden, as are the “showing great potential” and “has that something special” traits, until scouting has been completed.
Youth scouting is still in Career Mode and is completely separate to the Global Transfer Network.
Youth scouting now costs money too (192k for 3 months).
Transfers
A new “Reject all/Disallow future offers” option has been added to the transfer offer screen. This will prevent clubs from persistently offering for players you do not want to sell at any price.
The new Transfers Hub shows all the latest rumours, news and the biggest deals all on one screen.
Transfer Deadline Day now has a club by club breakdown for the league you're in. This allows you to see all the Ins and Outs at the clubs in your league.
Career Mode Audio
Jeff Stelling is now the stadium and pre-match announcer for FIFA 14.
The commentary team now directly reference previous match results, eg “a great 3-1 win against Swansea last week”.
The commentary team will also discuss current transfer rumours in more detail.

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-14/25505-fifa-14-career-mode-the-new-features

----

Edit
Missed the link at the top, already posted

Last edited:

30 minute gameplay of FIFA14:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pz14J040vW8#t=1048[/youtube]

Guess they've speeded things up for the final version... (or they're playing it on fast settings. Thank God we can still put it on slow. Allthough they're playing with the best teams and the Dortmund - Barcelona game is slower then the first they play.

Still the footplanting and body weight shifting is obvious and way better than in FIFA13.

Can someone help with the link? This forum needs a make-over to put it up to date with the year 2013.

IIRC you can see the league standings for all other leagues but you can only see the scorers/assists/bookings tables for your own league, don't think you could even see it for the leagues above/below in your own country (eg if you're doing an English CM)

That is correct.

Angus, you CAN already view the league table for ALL other leagues in Fifa 13 CM mode. So you can see which teams are about to qualify for CL from other leagues or which teams from other countries are going to get promoted/relegated.

You can't see individual results or other data such as yellow cards, etc. though.

Angus, you CAN already view the league table for ALL other leagues in Fifa 13 CM mode. So you can see which teams are about to qualify for CL from other leagues or which teams from other countries are going to get promoted/relegated.

You can't see individual results or other data such as yellow cards, etc. though.
Guys, thanks for helping out with this. I do see the tables for each league. For me though, I'd like to be able to view individual players' stats and know who is leading each league in scoring, in order to compare those totals with what I'm doing with my team. Even that much would shut me up on this subject.

Bruno and others, is there ANY kind of confirmation that there WILL be a continental club competition for South America in CM mode?

I'd love to try a CM mode in the newly licensed Colombian, Chilean and Argentinian league but if there is no Copa Libertadores and it's just domestic league matches, then it's obviously not as exciting and rewarding as playing in European leagues. :(

For me though, I'd like to be able to view individual players' stats and know who is leading each league in scoring, in order to compare those totals with what I'm doing with my team. Even that much would shut me up on this subject.

Yup same, hopefully with NG the matches will be properly simulated so you can see all that kind of stuff :)

Just listened to the 1 hour podcast with CM producer Adam Bell

http://news.futhead.com/posts/podcasts/25545-futhead-news-podcast-s01-e10

Wish they had asked more specific questions but it was a good listen overall.

For Be a Pro fans like myself, they said almost NOTHING! Adam did dash hopes by confirming that our player is still unable to get substituted INTO the game from the bench this year but that it is something they are looking into and hope to be able to properly implement in future.

The ONLY news worthy thing as far as BAP mode is concerned and only NEW piece of info is that you can now REQUEST to be subbed out. Which can be handy like when your player has scored a hat trick and you want to keep stamina because next game is an important one instead of being dead tired and then manager sitting you out next game because you're too fatigued.

Haven't listened to it yet, can your pro be used in your manager mode as it was for every Fifa until the last one?

Haven't listened to it yet, can your pro be used in your manager mode as it was for every Fifa until the last one?

Well in his FUThead preview Dave said:

Not much has changed with regards to FIFA 14 Career Mode’s pre-launch options, Manager and Player options are still there, transfer leniency and Europe First Season too.

I'm assuming they haven't added it back based on what he said - or what he didn't say - so that's a bummer. I really enjoyed having a Virtual Pro in CM and had hoped they'd add it back.

Back
Top Bottom