FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

It was in response to a comment about PES in here (if you look at the post above mine). I don't post my opinions in the PES thread because unlike the majority of people on here I have respect for people who enjoy PES and who feel it's the game for them that fulfils all their football gaming needs.

I'm not anti-PES, that's a nonsense notion that belongs with 12 years old throwing around "Fifa hater" "Fifa fanboy" "PES fanboy" etc etc, I prefer Fifa because it fulfils my requirements from a football game, chiefly that the team I support are in game with their kits, their chants, their name spoken, their proper leagues/cups implemented, I want the football manager experience from a game where I can play the action on the pitch, with proper promotion/relegation, proper transfer market, proper simulation of the off field activities of football as well as a facsimile of the onfield activities of football. That's Fifa, when the day comes that it's PES that offers me that I will certainly embrace it, in the same way I've now played 119 hours of PES since July 27th.

Don't call people haters, don't call people fanboys, don't call people anti-PES/Fifa it's immature and you're better than that, we should all be better than that.

Sorry for calling you that, didn´t know you would take it so serious. Now i see that since you probaly play games with a clock to count the time you spend in the game you probably take video-games really serious!

One thing I will say, I've been reading every post in the PES thread for the last week or so because PES2014 is looking terrific at what it does, and what I find interesting is that people are being banned from the forums for posting negative comments about PES so why isn't the same rule being applied here in the fifa thread? Presumably the negative comments are being viewed as trolling and thus a bannable offence but that should be forum wide else it's unfair on everyone.

I think the bans in the PES thread were necessary, it was sure not like the jokes about Fifa and it was clearly disturbing the thread, they were not banned for only posting negative comments.

I think the problem here is that this thread is so empty that the mods don´t even bother coming here. Once there is more information about Fifa and this thread becomes more visited i know the trolling anti-fifa will also not be tolarated.

One thing I will say, I've been reading every post in the PES thread for the last week or so because PES2014 is looking terrific at what it does, and what I find interesting is that people are being banned from the forums for posting negative comments about PES so why isn't the same rule being applied here in the fifa thread? Presumably the negative comments are being viewed as trolling and thus a bannable offence but that should be forum wide else it's unfair on everyone.
Nonsense, one person was correctly banned for posting trolling, baiting trash. And I would love it if all the trolling fanboy trash posters on both sides were banned.

You're not being serious, are you?

Most of the people being banned are well-known trolls who keep registering. There's quite a history about it that you do not know of.

We do the same forum wide, yes. The fifa thread is hardly active and doesn't attract trolls as much as the PES thread. A few negative opinions and you're getting touchy? People getting banned for posting negative comments? You should be banned for posting false information. Please do me a favor and go through the massive PES thread and count the number of negative posts for me. Actually, count the positive ones, should be far far easier.

There's a massive difference between being negative for a good reason, being negative for the sake of it (pessimistic), and trolling. If you can't tell the difference then please don't bother. There's a report button for a reason. Admins and mods will be the judges.

FIFA just doesn't look like its changed at all since 13. I've played FIFA more than pes over the last few years but even ng doesn't excite me I'm the slightest. At least pes has tried something different this year just hope it plays as well as it looks or it will be back to pes 6 for the 5th year.

Personally, I'd like to give public credit to Lami for be such a balanced moderator. He fixes so many situations with social skills and understanding everyone's particular mood than by just using his mod attributions and "voilá, problem solved".
I have the highest concept of him.
Sorry for the Off topic, I just think he deserves these words.

I only want to say one thing. People who play fifa series in slow/manual will love the next gen version of fifa14. Period...
FIFA already plays a great game using slow settings and manual controls. The problem is FIFA 14 NG looks to be nothing more than a direct port of their current-gen game, apart from the improved graphics. Is spending $500 to upgrade to next-gen in order to play the exact same current-gen version of the game, worth it? Not to me it isn't, I'll happily continue on the PC.

Now i see that since you probaly play games with a clock to count the time you spend in the game you probably take video-games really serious!

Guess you never heard of something called Raptr? Of course I don't count the time I spend in games: http://raptr.com/Placebo_PRS/games

You're not being serious, are you?

I was making an observation, the PES thread seems very heavily handed in terms of moderation, maybe it's because it's currently very active, but like I said, an observation, not an accusation, not false information, don't threaten me thank you.

nobody seen the ksi youtube x box one gameplay yet.
best turn of sound before looking.

Indeed, FIFA 14 NG looks like Current Gen, but with better crowds and cut out cinematics (you know the annoying camera on player to be subbed off).

Now it's more fluid. However, what I have seen from Nephelezz, KSI and others (Fluorine19 named them nicely as: "Group of YouTubers dictating terms on how FIFA should be like."

It still looks like very end-to-end action packed game without midfield battles to be honest. I know for manual players this is different matter, but still, FIFA won't move to realism anytime soon with people like KSI. Just saying... People DO follow him everywhere and they DO listen to his views/opinions. This is saddening :/. (btw he will reach 3mln subscribers soon -.-).

I really don't understand when one say that he thinks FIFA 14 ng is better than PES 2014 some posters get wound up. The best thing that could happen for us is to get what we want from either game, I'm not gonna play FIFA 14ng because I don't intent to buy these expensive consoles, that doesn't mean I'll automatically assume PES 2014 will be better.There are certain aspects that can be changed without playing, stuff like graphics, sound but as for the game in general, it's impossible to know.

One thing I can say is that I think the fact that there isn't a lot of gameplay talk for FIFA 14 next gen in terms of improvement is telling in itself.I want better AI, not just crowd cinematic and a 1000 more animations. I want the major aspects of the game to be improved. Where is the talk about the tactical elements of football in FIFA ?

ML looks same old...

Without a proper career mode in PES it really doesn't matter how much they tart it up, it's still a shallow one off match type game because ML gets so boring so quickly, although there should be stuff announced at some point as there's national team managing in PES2014 etc.

Career Mode in Fifa gets boring quickly. The CPU teams play near enough the same way as each other and have no alternative strategy for away matches so its like playing a series of friendlies cobbled together.

The cup competitions are also rubbish because there is no individuality or atmosphere to them. The commentator doesn't even say that you've reached the FA Cup final so it's just another generic cup final. Heck, even something as basic as showing the aggregate score on screen in the 2nd leg of a European match isn't there. Even the cup celebrations are dire.

It's a few years since I last played the Master League in PES, but it can't be that much worse.

It still looks like very end-to-end action packed game without midfield battles to be honest.
All the videos so far have been User vs User, so it's impossible to tell at this point if the gameplay will be end-to-end as it is with the CPU on current-gen.

Career Mode in Fifa gets boring quickly. The CPU teams play near enough the same way as each other and have no alternative strategy for away matches so its like playing a series of friendlies cobbled together.
You can edit CPU tactics, strategy, formations etc. before the game starts and change it to whatever you want, that's what I do.

I really don't understand when one say that he thinks FIFA 14 ng is better than PES 2014 some posters get wound up.
Let's see now...

- Animations in PES 2014 look 2-3x smoother and more realistic than FIFA 14 NG.
- PES 2014 gameplay pace, and player behaviour and positioning, looks much more life-like than FIFA 14 NG. In fact PES in motion looks like a TV broadcast much of the time while FIFA never looks like anything other than a video game.
- Last but not least, PES 2014 on current-gen looks like a next-gen game, while FIFA 14, the game EA is promoting as some great next-gen leap, looks like a current-gen port of FIFA 13 and nothing more.

Yet with only these gameplay videos to go by, some people make outrageous statements such as "It's obvious FIFA 14 NG is the better game!" Bad enough they do that in the FIFA forum, but then they decide to spam the PES forum with these same nonsensical comments. And that right there is why people get wound up as you say. You asked, and now you know.

Last edited:

Let's see now...

- Animations in PES 2014 look 2-3x smoother and more realistic than FIFA 14 NG.
- PES 2014 gameplay pace, and player behaviour and positioning, looks much more life-like than FIFA 14 NG. In fact PES in motion looks like a TV broadcast much of the time while FIFA never looks like anything other than a video game.
- Last but not least, PES 2014 on current-gen looks like a next-gen game, while FIFA 14, the game EA is promoting as some great next-gen leap, looks like a current-gen port of FIFA 13 and nothing more.

Yet with only these gameplay videos to go by, some people make outrageous statements such as "It's obvious FIFA 14 NG is the better game!" Bad enough they do that in the FIFA forum, but then they decide to spam the PES forum with these same nonsensical comments. And that right there is why people get wound up as you say. You asked, and now you know.

Mate those criteria may be important to you but they're not the case for everyone. In essence I agree with you but that doesn't give us the right to berate others who don't and won't appreciate PES 2014 more than Fifa 14 next gen (or current gen).
In reality, we haven't played neither PES 2014 nor FIFA 14 so we shouldn't be 100% of saying this or that game is definitely better.

I think there is a lot of hatred in the football gaming community from one side to another and honestly I don't understand why. One person judges a game with certain criteria and another with different ones.

Regarding the spamming, you're right but at the same the members on the PES side of the site should stop (me included btw) mentioning and criticizing FIFA in there. It's not like the PES fans are absolutely clean on this. Besides we have mods who deal with spammers very efficiently.

Last edited:

You can edit CPU tactics, strategy, formations etc. before the game starts and change it to whatever you want, that's what I do.

The problem is, why EA doesn't do all the teams formations and strategies correct from the start? They have men power to do so.

It shouldn't be user job to correct EA messing up...

And there is still problem with how many formations and custom tactics you can store (I believe it will remain the same as on CG - limited to small number - which means you will have to make generic formations/tactics for teams = shit idea).

The problem is, why EA doesn't do all the teams formations and strategies correct from the start? They have men power to do so.

And there is still problem with how many formations and custom tactics you can store (I believe it will remain the same as on CG - limited to small number - which means you will have to make generic formations/tactics for teams = shit idea).

Yeah but at least we can do custom formations even if we shouldn't have to.

Look at PES, how frustrating is it that at every attacking corner your LB is in the box and your CF is in midfield, in Fifa with custom set pieces you can set everything up as you want it. Why can't PES have custom set pieces?

Yeah but at least we can do custom formations even if we shouldn't have to.

Look at PES, how frustrating is it that at every attacking corner your LB is in the box and your CF is in midfield, in Fifa with custom set pieces you can set everything up as you want it. Why can't PES have custom set pieces?

Wrong thread :SMUG:

Mate those criteria may be important to you but they're not the case for everyone. In reality, we haven't played neither PES 2014 nor FIFA 14 so we shouldn't be 100% of saying this or that game is definitely better.
That's my point. Nobody can claim either game is going to be better than the other until we play them. But to state that FIFA 14 NG is "obviously the better game," when all we've seen so far is a few gameplay videos, is pure nonsense.

Last edited:

Okay sure, I just provided you a way to fix the gameplay issue you mentioned. The game is customizable for a reason, but if you don't want to spend the time that's fine by me, you're welcome. Makes more sense to me to fix the problem than to continue to play as is and be frustrated, but to each his own.

Last edited:

They're both shit games.
playable
How do you like them apples, eh? :SMUG:
Not quite, they're both poor games without dozens of hours of tweaking and editing. After which they're enjoyable... FIFA moreso than PES IMO, but that's more a pick your poison thing.

Last edited:

I think there is a lot of hatred in the football gaming community from one side to another and honestly I don't understand why. One person judges a game with certain criteria and another with different ones.
If you're going to make a statement like that in response to my post, you need to know I like both games (albiet after hours of editing because both games are crap out of the box). I don't hate FIFA or PES. I hate people who cruise these forums looking for ways of baiting others into arguments with their biased preferences for one or the other. It has nothing to do with different criteria as you say or with honest dialogue; it's all about tossing opinion grenades into discussions with the sole intention of watching them go off.

Last edited:

If you're going to make a statement like that in response to my post, you need to know I like both games (albiet after hours of editing because both games are crap out of the box). I don't hate FIFA or PES. I hate people who cruise these forums looking for ways of baiting others into arguments with their biased preferences for one or the other. It has nothing to do with different criteria as you say or with honest dialogue; it's all about tossing opinion grenades into discussions with the sole intention of watching them go off.

I wasn't talking about you man, relax a little. I was talking in general but it's your right to have felt targeted I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom