FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

Let's say your CB has just been sent off, and you wish to plug the gap? If you try and put a player in that slot, the game says something along the lines that you can't have players that close to each other - DESPITE THE FACT THERE IS NO OTHER PLAYER THERE BECAUSE HE GOT BLOODY SENT OFF! And why can't I put a player there? I'm the manager: I should be able to play the whole bloody team in the penalty area if I want to!

Well that's a backward way of doing it anyways, swap the sent off player into the role of the forward player you're sacrificing, simple. And PES won't let you put players on top of each other if you get too close it simply swaps them over.

And then there's the fact that you can't take a formation and tweak it without having to MAKE A SEPARATE BLOODY SAVE FOR IT!

Yeah that is absolutely inexcusable and a major pain in the arse, one of the things I'm loving about PES2013 right now is I can make very quick subtle adjustments without having to faff around with saving the formation.

That said there's also a lot of flaws in the way PES handles formations/tactics so neither has things remotely perfect.

Exactly, look at 360 Fifa07:

Now that was an abomination I fortunately missed as I didn't get a 360 until the following year I think it was, then Fifa08 was a massive improvement over Fifa07 both current and next gen, we've already seen a lot of superficial improvements between CG and NG for Fifa14 and it's quite possible that we'll learn about more improvements between Oct/Nov.

It took Konami 7 years essentially to have a PES that's somewhat comparable technically to Fifa, and now Fifa14 NG has already moved that bar again and they're playing catchup, I think Fifa14 NG will be a very decent hint at the power of next gen and Fifa15/16 will dramatically move things forward, well I'm hoping so anyways! And then we'll see what Konami can do on next gen hopefully in 2014.

Graphical quality-wise.. i am thinking of metal gear solid V and that dynamic weather too.. :BOP:

Probably, it might also be konami's decision to just wait for Kojima's fox engine to collaborate with.. although i am actually dissapointed with Konami from PES 2012 backwards.

Last edited:

Yeah I can't wait to get my hands on the PS4 MGS, looks stunning and will be my first ever Metal Gear game to boot!

Still looks like they havent touched the AI that much, formations and player awareness is whats killing it.

Hopefully NG, maybe Fifa 15 will have the AI sorted. Doesnt look like it'll be this year though.

Aslong as it plays well and allows hold-up play i'm sure it'll last me until the NG machines come out.

I really don't think FIFA 14 NG will be a massive step up, it won't be till next year that it will be properly worked on and then even FIFA 16 before it becomes the lead development platform as we all know EA it is all about the numbers and amount of potential customers.

Well that's a backward way of doing it anyways, swap the sent off player into the role of the forward player you're sacrificing, simple. And PES won't let you put players on top of each other if you get too close it simply swaps them over.

As well as that, I prefer PES' 'drag and drop' method when it comes to editing a formation. With Fifa, you have to futz around with several menus before you get to do that.

Any news on injured players being stretchers off now?

Hate seeing my players limping off with a broken leg

Any news on injured players being stretchers off now?

Hate seeing my players limping off with a broken leg

Dunno about 'NG', but the celebration scenes in CG look exactly the same, so I doubt whether there will be stretchers, not in CG at least.

They seem to have changed some of it but not sure how much

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_fifa_14_gameplay-14499_en.html

17 seconds in:

Looks promising, but then on the screen to the right at about 31 seconds in you see the person go further into the menus:

So it's possible they improved some aspects of it but not all, fingers crossed for next gen as that's the only one I'm buying!

I hope youre right. Seems to me they've put a gloss of paint over the top of the menu to keep consistency with the rest of the menus but the core mechanics seem to still be in place deeper in the management screen.

Last edited:

Some people are never happy. All you wonderful experts are more than welcome to go and make your own game. Nothing will ever be perfect. I appreciate what will be available to me. It's not shit! Far from it.
Looking forward to trying out co-op seasons. Maybe I'll get my old tag team buddy to have a crack at it with me?

With regard to the in game pitch visuals, when I load the game up I'm sure its going to look a lot more clear and crisp on my TV compared to CG. What are people expecting? Life like?? Not going to happen.

I'm looking forward to the game. Will have to wait until Christmas (and then after the kids are in bed) to have a game but don't play as much nowadays anyway so I'm sure I can wait.

Life like isn't realistically possible yet true, but PES 2014 graphically looks closer to a real football match than Fifa 14 NG does.

If you look at PES 2014 side by side a real match photo the grass color tone is similar, but on Fifa 14 NG the grass looks like bright green. There's no excuse for EA to have such bad lighting and visuals when Konami can do better on current gen. It's just poor design.

Too hard to tell IMO the colour of the grass changes with every video due to the quality of the camera, look at the latest Fifa video on Gamersyde the grass is plenty dark.

Life like isn't realistically possible yet true, but PES 2014 graphically looks closer to a real football match than Fifa 14 NG does.

If you look at PES 2014 side by side a real match photo the grass color tone is similar, but on Fifa 14 NG the grass looks like bright green. There's no excuse for EA to have such bad lighting and visuals when Konami can do better on current gen. It's just poor design.

Agree. EA needs to find Konami's lighting guy and snatch him up. On FIFA 13 I eventually ended changing nearly every game to daylight as it was the only tolerable lighting condition for me. On PES every lighting condition looks terrific and it boosts the overall visuals to a very high level.

It would be interesting to see an analysis of the player movements of both games. They both have smooth animations now, but I think the movement in PES looks so much more realistic. Maybe it's the inertia thing. Ball also feels weird now after watching the PES videos.

Messi's volley ... I really that sort of ridiculous trajectory isn't in the end, never mind him using his right foot to pull it off.

Its ironic isnt it - that just before he does that non realstic volley it says on the screen "things just got real"

Current Gen / Next gen - it looks the same to me.

Shame that in Next gen Fifa still have footballers with shoulder pads. Why cant they get the bodies right? Every player looks like he has left the coat-hanger in his shirt. Also the name is stretched across the back of the shirt. Thought things like this would be sorted.

Im glad they are giving it away with the Xbox1 - cos I wouldnt buy it.

Paul ‏@Placebo_obecalP 8m
@santiagoj83 @PompeyHumber @iminurbase @ruttski if it weren't for the updated squad could be Fifa09, next gen? Nope
BSV4tErCQAE0ZEr.jpg

Hopefully it'll get a response, we'll see :)

Its okay guys, we changed the highlight colour to yellow this year. "What's next guys? 'Sir we need to really have a good look at pro club's as it hasn't had any love for the last few years. 'Change the achievements around a bit and call it a new feature and add 2 new afro hairstyles'".

Oh and hide it under 4 different menus as we have no respect for the mode. Done

HOW DO YOU THEY DO IT

I predict Placebo playing PES2014 on PS3 this year... and enjoying! :SMUG:

I won't be playing PES2014 until after I'm tired of Fifa14 (usually in between seasons) so the chances of me going from PS4 Fifa14 to PS3 PES2014 would be very slim TBH.

I won't be playing PES2014 until after I'm tired of Fifa14 (usually in between seasons) so the chances of me going from PS4 Fifa14 to PS3 PES2014 would be very slim TBH.

And which football game will you play between September 20 until November 28?

I really don´t see any point buying fifa for CG. I will probably buy it for PS4 at launch (if i can get a PS4 at launch, of course) and until there i´ll be playing PES2014 on my PS3.

Not even for only $10? I think it worth, also no disc change is great.

Is it me or they toned down the shirt loosiness since the first E3 videos/pics? Also player models look more and more CG.

fifa-ng.jpg

FIFA-14.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom