YouTube - Xbox One (Next-Gen) FIFA 14 gameplay - Messi goal

YouTube - FIFA 14 Demo [Offscreen] - Gamescom 2013

YouTube - Xbox One (Next-Gen) FIFA 14 gameplay - Aguero goal

fifa_14_living_worlds_camp_nou.jpg

FIFA-14-NG-Living-Worlds-1.jpg

fifa_14_living_worlds_camp_nou_interior.jpg

fifa-14-xbox-one-brazil-national-team.jpg

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

Give this man a jaffa cake. The turning on the ball seems to have been reduced in regards to its response time. Seems more realistic but less responsive

Hard to tell much from those shakey cam vids of course, couple of thoughts:

• Ball seems to have much more weight to it (which of course is a great thing)
  • Presumably default is normal? So slow might just be perfect as normal doesn't seem overly speedy.
  • Crowds look amazing.
  • Pitch needs a cut!

As I watched the trailer, I was impressed up until the actual gameplay started. Then it all looked familiar and same old, same old.

Everything around the pitch is looking very impressive, but where it really matters... meh.

Anyone else felt the same?

Impossible to tell from poor quality videos, we'll find out September 10th to some extent but more so with the season ticket early release when we can play with the sliders ;)

from what we could see animations and gamplay will be no diferent from current gen(comparing to FIFA14 xbox360)... its more a stetic upgrade than anything else.

As I watched the trailer, I was impressed up until the actual gameplay started. Then it all looked familiar and same old, same old.

Everything around the pitch is looking very impressive, but where it really matters... meh.

I did. Off pitch nice, on pitch same old.

On the next gen, I'm impressed with the crowd and general atmospheres. I hope they haven't completely forgotten about away crowds.
The home should be rather silent or less loud if they are down several goals and the away crowd should be heard but not as clearly as the home obviously.
I like the idea of continuous play with ball boys present around the pitch. I like it very much

On the next gen, I'm impressed with the crowd and general atmospheres. I hope they haven't completely forgotten about away crowds.
The home should be rather silent or less loud if they are down several goals and the away crowd should be heard but not as clearly as the home obviously.
I like the idea of continuous play with ball boys present around the pitch. I like it very much

Yup.. I will likely get it for PS4... :SMUG:

Same here, Ithink with the lighting and the movement off the pitch it will look really impressive. Not sure about the on-pitch though, there were a few off animations where the player took an overly long touch/run when quickly changing direction that looked too gamey, and I really dont want to see another outsie-of-the-boot shot! Hopefully there will be some signifact news with regards to team ai and styles.

*skill move*
*skill move*
*trigger a one-two*
*skill move*
*lobbed through ball*

Looks exactly the same. Still no idea of awareness on the pitch, big spaces in midfield, no tracking attackers, easy counters off corners, literally nothing seems to have changed. Still got the stupid tackle that sends the ball flying (can players not tackle AND retained the ball???)

ugh had to turn it off after the neymar equalizer. Way to ruin my hopes of next gen fifa 14 being good.

I'll bet NG isn't that different either.

Wow

Fifa 14 doesn't look a patch on what pes14 is trying to do.

off to the pes thread I go lol

Other than better players models im yet to see a difference from '13 regarding gameplay . Im about that cg gameplay video.

@AsimTanvir give me the low down on next gen fifa mate?
Expand
Asim Tanvir ‏@AsimTanvir 2h
@Samar7 What you wanna know mate?
Expand
Samar  ‏@Samar7 2h
@AsimTanvir general thoughts, how does it compare to current gen, any drastic improvements, how does it compare graphically? cheers
Expand
Asim Tanvir ‏@AsimTanvir 2h
@Samar7 Gameplay essentially same as current gen, but power of next gen has made it more fluid. Animations, really good. Plays well.

*skill move*
*skill move*
*trigger a one-two*
*skill move*
*lobbed through ball*

Every UT match last year in a nutshell..

Oh, or even simpler

*Pacey defender tackle*
*long ball*
*sprint*
*OP front post drive*

What do they neglect the tactical aspect of football in FIFA and the AI ?

Every UT match last year in a nutshell..

Oh, or even simpler

*Pacey defender tackle*
*long ball*
*sprint*
*OP front post drive*

Play manual and semi-assisted setting matches and you won't experience that BS

Oh my word. They are still using the same team management screen they've used for the last few years. Really thought they'd change it this year. Awful

Some people are never happy. All you wonderful experts are more than welcome to go and make your own game. Nothing will ever be perfect. I appreciate what will be available to me. It's not shit! Far from it.
Looking forward to trying out co-op seasons. Maybe I'll get my old tag team buddy to have a crack at it with me?

With regard to the in game pitch visuals, when I load the game up I'm sure its going to look a lot more clear and crisp on my TV compared to CG. What are people expecting? Life like?? Not going to happen.

I'm looking forward to the game. Will have to wait until Christmas (and then after the kids are in bed) to have a game but don't play as much nowadays anyway so I'm sure I can wait.

Usually, when a new console releases, the first batch of sports games is only a graphical update, with less features and modes than the previous gen version.

Oh my word. They are still using the same team management screen they've used for the last few years. Really thought they'd change it this year. Awful

They seem to have changed some of it but not sure how much

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_fifa_14_gameplay-14499_en.html

17 seconds in:

2oNXase.jpg

Looks promising, but then on the screen to the right at about 31 seconds in you see the person go further into the menus:

7vCEhIv.jpg

4aizU1D.jpg

So it's possible they improved some aspects of it but not all, fingers crossed for next gen as that's the only one I'm buying!

It's just crap, isn't it? Whereas PES' system is slick, intuitive and really easy to use. One of the things that infuriates me about Fifa's system:

Let's say your CB has just been sent off, and you wish to plug the gap? If you try and put a player in that slot, the game says something along the lines that you can't have players that close to each other - DESPITE THE FACT THERE IS NO OTHER PLAYER THERE BECAUSE HE GOT BLOODY SENT OFF! And why can't I put a player there? I'm the manager: I should be able to play the whole bloody team in the penalty area if I want to!

And then there's the fact that you can't take a formation and tweak it without having to MAKE A SEPARATE BLOODY SAVE FOR IT!

What's the betting that EA have provided 'NG' with a brand new tactics/formation screen, while saddling everyone else with the same old crap. Don't tell me, EA - that screen runs on 'Ignite' as well?

Usually, when a new console releases, the first batch of sports games is only a graphical update, with less features and modes than the previous gen version.

Exactly, look at 360 Fifa07:

EA cut all but seven leagues from the Xbox 360 version of the game - one of which contained only one team (Juventus). According to producer Jean-Charles Gaudechon, this is because the new game engine took so long to develop that EA was not able to implement everything.[4]

A FIFA 07 demo was made available on Xbox Live Marketplace on 6 October 2006.

Now that was an abomination I fortunately missed as I didn't get a 360 until the following year I think it was, then Fifa08 was a massive improvement over Fifa07 both current and next gen, we've already seen a lot of superficial improvements between CG and NG for Fifa14 and it's quite possible that we'll learn about more improvements between Oct/Nov.

It took Konami 7 years essentially to have a PES that's somewhat comparable technically to Fifa, and now Fifa14 NG has already moved that bar again and they're playing catchup, I think Fifa14 NG will be a very decent hint at the power of next gen and Fifa15/16 will dramatically move things forward, well I'm hoping so anyways! And then we'll see what Konami can do on next gen hopefully in 2014.

Back
Top Bottom