FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

Ok, just confirmed in EA conf. Argnetina league is in... so 3 new leagues( colombia, chile, arg) nothing about turkish.. total of 33 leagues he said.

I see, thanks.

I'm excited about South American leagues too, the only reason I prefer European ones is that since there is no Copa Libertadores, it's much more rewarding to play in an even obscure European league because there is qualification to Euro League and Champions League.

Playing a career mode with a South American team isn't as engaging since continental competitions aren't in. Otherwise I'd love to explore Chile and Colombian leagues.

Anyway, were there 30 leagues in FIFA 13?

The sad thing about FIFA (next gen or not) is that they think the gameplay is so good that aesthetics stuff need to more focused on. I have nothing against them but if the game is still as poor as usually from an AI and tactically POV all those exciting elements will mean fuck all.

I see, thanks.

I'm excited about South American leagues too, the only reason I prefer European ones is that since there is no Copa Libertadores, it's much more rewarding to play in an even obscure European league because there is qualification to Euro League and Champions League.

Playing a career mode with a South American team isn't as engaging since continental competitions aren't in. Otherwise I'd love to explore Chile and Colombian leagues.

Anyway, were there 30 leagues in FIFA 13?

Im pretty sure we will have some generic south american cup in career mode this season...(at least i hope so)

Seriously though, weren't the gameplay bits very similar to everything else we saw this gen? Not trying to antagonize or troll anyone, but that Messi outside of the foot shot made look away immediately... :\

David Rutter is definitely evil. Something about him that doesn't sit well with me

Why hate on ultimate team? It could be great game mode to try players you might never use and use as a scouting tool for a career mode :) . Unfortunately stats boost from chemistry rating ruins it all, bronze team @ 100 chemistry plays like 4-4,5 stars team in regular modes. And gameplay with gold players feel like regular gameplay with 2x speed.. .

David Rutter is completely deluded. I yawned and wanted to hit the monitor while watching and hearing him speak. Annoying now. Used to like him... :(.

From what was shown at Gamescom presentation, gameplay still looked similar to FIFA 13 (which to say the least is not very good game).

Another year there is no license for C.L., Europa L. ?
I know PES is taking all licenses but this year Fifa will be still without any license for these bigger competitions?

Konami still have exclusive rights to the CL and EL.

Wouldn't UEFA make more money by selling the CL and EL licence to both EA and Konami instead of allowing Konami exclusive rights to the competitions?

Loved it when Rutter said the dilemma most people will face is which version to buy, current gen or next gen. He then says 'honestly' of course, that the best thing to do is buy both.

EA, and FIFA, in a nutshell.

Konami still have exclusive rights to the CL and EL.

Wouldn't UEFA make more money by selling the CL and EL licence to both EA and Konami instead of allowing Konami exclusive rights to the competitions?

Oh my, the irony of the whole situation is unbearable, considering the amount of exclusives EA made to lock Konami out. :LOL:

I like the presentations on NG version.. crowds, stadium.. player entrance looks much more human than CG.. my notebook is ready for.. oh wait.. damn it's not coming to PC :RANT:

Messi's volley ... I really that sort of ridiculous trajectory isn't in the end, never mind him using his right foot to pull it off.

There is better momentum than fifa13 for sure. Players change direction more natural. I already dream this in slow/manual...

I'm confused. So, these little 'anticipation' animations he mentioned in the video are only on the Xbox One? :CONFUSE:

I very much doubt that.

I think it's more that EA have been essentially paid to not mention the PS4 when they talk about FIFA. Really not sure how I feel about this tactic, to be honest. Seems to go a bit far, but I'm pretty sure that's what they're doing.

I'd love to know just how much EA are getting paid for all this.

Back
Top Bottom