FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - Game related talk only!

Argh

Still have those standing still corner kicks!

I fucking HATE how there's no run up.

I'm pretty sure it'll be CG because that's what all the demo's are running on at the moment.

Only EA have gameplay footage of NG as uploads stuff is always taken down immediately.

There is a new short gameplay video for you, fellow fifa gamers

YouTube - Game Play FIFA 14 - GameSummit 2013

What the hell happened at 00:41, why does he speed up after stepping on the ball?

Ah well, at least they've attempted to add a sense of inertia this year, even if it is a bit over the top.

fifa-14-glitch-o.gif

Last edited:

Argh

Still have those standing still corner kicks!

I fucking HATE how there's no run up.

Don't we have the option to create set pieces where you can decide whow players take their runs? Or was that taken out?

That's AWESOME news!!

Any other new licenses in FIFA 14?

EA Sports has announced it's secured the official licenses for 19 Brazilian clubs for use in FIFA 14.

As a result, the official club crests, kits and players will all be included in the upcoming game due out later this year. The full list of clubs is as follows:

Atlético Mineiro
Atlético Paranaense
Botafogo
Coritiba
Criciúma
Cruzeiro
Flamengo
Fluminense
Goiás
Grêmio
Internacional
Náutico
Palmeiras
Ponte Preta
Portuguesa
Santos
São Paulo
Vasco da Gama
Vitória

Don't we have the option to create set pieces where you can decide whow players take their runs? Or was that taken out?

I'm not sure but its not the players in the box I have an issue with. It's the man taking the corner kick. They have them standing right next to the ball and then doing a standing still kick to cross the ball in.
I want to see that man do a little run up like just about everyone else does.

You asked, we listened: Online Single Matches are back in ‪#‎FUT14‬! First ‪#‎FIFA14‬: Ultimate Team details drop tomorrow.

Certain chemistry styles will boost stats? I'm out.

Why is chemistry such a bad idea, especially if it works.
How player chemistry works in real life is a massive factor in how good a team works and plays.
Certain players always play well together and other players can't look at England Gerrard and Lampard have been the best midfielders in the country for years but play like shit together, I think it is a very good addition if it actually works, but knowing EA it will be another addition which doesn't actually work.

It looks as if they are using the same graphical design across all aspects of the menus. Team management pictures next please EA. It's a massive part of the game and I feel as if I'm the only one who cares about it!

Are you sure chemistry isn't like 'Teamwork' or whatever it is in WE? All I remember it doing is negatively effecting stats. So, a new player doesn't have 90 passing when he first comes into the team, he only has 90 passing with players he's played with before.
I don't think it will boost stats, but lower, maybe for players that play in the same position, or players being played out of position? Could be fun.

Why is chemistry such a bad idea, especially if it works.
How player chemistry works in real life is a massive factor in how good a team works and plays.
Certain players always play well together and other players can't look at England Gerrard and Lampard have been the best midfielders in the country for years but play like shit together, I think it is a very good addition if it actually works, but knowing EA it will be another addition which doesn't actually work.

Chemistry is a great idea, stat boosting is a horrid idea..

Torres doesn't get any better at putting the ball in the net cause Mata is behind him.. he gets better because he's good at it.

so no one knows for sure wheter is it cg or ng?

That is definitely CG. When ball goes out of play, the player doesn't run after it and the players fade out and back into new positions. NG has stated that that doesn't happen anymore. Plus, I can't even believe its a question as its clear from the look anyway.

And somebody said it plays better? How can anybody tell just from watching that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Are there manual filters for the new fut?

If not this will sadly pass me by again as manual vs assisted is a nightmare, but if they add it to the game filters it opens up a whole new seasons mode.

My main concern with the Neymar pic is why every player running to the ball?
EA have shown a great screenshot on how their game emulates schoolboy football to perfection.

The Next Gen images have the Fifa 14 logo with the 14 in yellow. The Current Gen images have the 14 logo in white/clear.

There are Next Gen images on the previous pages. That Silva one doesn't have any logo but my gut feeling is that it's Current Gen.

Back
Top Bottom