FIFA 13

Is it just me or does the power bar fill up slower now? Have to hold down the button longer to get off more powerful shots.

Hopefully they do fix the transfers. It sucks when you start a career mode and play against teams who have no resemblance at all to the games you're watching on TV. To an extent, it defeats the point of all the licenses and authenticity.

For me $40 for Fifa from Amazon.com is fine. I got a whole year out of Fifa 12 so it's easily worth that much to me.

I can't find ANYWHERE selling PES though, quite annoying.

how does this work then as this is only 22 english pound which is cheap. Ive never used any of these key websites before

They supply you with an Origin key (or Steam if you buy a game that uses Steam), you open Origin and redeem the code, the game appears in your library, you download, you enjoy (hopefully) :)

Very straightforward, I use CD key websites quite a bit for new releases.

And then you desperately hope and pray the key you receive isn't one originally bought with stolen credit cards and will be disabled shortly, that's what we see with most CD Keys bought for Arma2/OA from key sellers, especially Steam ones, we recently got a list of 9,000 CD Keys to deactivate because they were bought fraudulently, almost all end up sold on via CD Key sellers such as the two mentioned previously here. If you only care about SP you needn't worry but if you're hoping for MP it's a gamble.

Can't wait to see what Career Mode is like (haven't played the demo by the way)! Every year I keep hoping you can also buy players that recently changed clubs (in real life I mean, not in the game of course), but I don't expect that will ever happen. I do think it's strange though. I mean, if I can't buy Van der Vaart because he just transferred to HSV, that means that events that happened "pre-game" have an impact on FIFA 13... Yet, if I start a career mode with Real Madrid, I'm not in the Champions League. It just doesn't add up.

The shielding system doesn't get enough credit IMHO.It's actually a lot more realistic this time and you can draw many fouls if you have a strong player like Y.Toure protecting the ball and the opponent trying to take it away from him.
I like how the players can use their bodies to block their opponents and control.There are a few niggles here and there but overall, it's a very impressive game.

Can't wait to see what Career Mode is like (haven't played the demo by the way)! Every year I keep hoping you can also buy players that recently changed clubs (in real life I mean, not in the game of course), but I don't expect that will ever happen. I do think it's strange though. I mean, if I can't buy Van der Vaart because he just transferred to HSV, that means that events that happened "pre-game" have an impact on FIFA 13... Yet, if I start a career mode with Real Madrid, I'm not in the Champions League. It just doesn't add up.

You are now able to do this.

You can set up the European championships in your first year and players who just changed clubs will be able to move again in the same transfer window. ;)

Played about 5 maches on Fifa 12 yesterday. Playing full manual, slow speed and on world class. Also using Placebo's sliders.

First 2 maches was great, and was a lot better than I remember it being. Not played it since mars.

But then it went downhill! Its so boring in the "long run". Some people are bird watching by hobbie, in fifa its ball watching. I really like the Fifa 13 demo, and I pray to god it doesn't suffer the same in regards to extensive play.

2 biggest issue in Fifa 12 for me is the incredible poor AI and contain defending.

For those of you who played Fifa 12, Im sure know where Im coming from?!

So I wonder if you get the same experience in the Fifa 13 demo?

Damn, I'm 3 days away from delivery of PES2013, having fallen in love with demo 2 but then I read all of you guys enthusing about this and I feel compelled to buy it.

Can you stop posting such positive comments?

(I also have the other issue that I'm a data reviewer for EA so I *should* actually try FIFA13 if I want to keep my "job"....)

Damn, I'm 3 days away from delivery of PES2013, having fallen in love with demo 2 but then I read all of you guys enthusing about this and I feel compelled to buy it.

Can you stop posting such positive comments?

(I also have the other issue that I'm a data reviewer for EA so I *should* actually try FIFA13 if I want to keep my "job"....)

Sorry fella, cant do, i'm loving it!!!!

If the Scorpio's comments of speed being slower for retail are true then its going to be a classic.

Its so hard to play both games too... (controls differences etc)...

I'll be giving PES a go this year but probably after Xmas

Played about 5 maches on Fifa 12 yesterday. Playing full manual, slow speed and on world class. Also using Placebo's sliders.

First 2 maches was great, and was a lot better than I remember it being. Not played it since mars.

But then it went downhill! Its so boring in the "long run". Some people are bird watching by hobbie, in fifa its ball watching. I really like the Fifa 13 demo, and I pray to god it doesn't suffer the same in regards to extensive play.

2 biggest issue in Fifa 12 for me is the incredible poor AI and contain defending.

For those of you who played Fifa 12, Im sure know where Im coming from?!

So I wonder if you get the same experience in the Fifa 13 demo?

I have no defence issues what so ever in FIFA 13. I'm playing legendary full manual. To be honest I'm losing every game and sometimes by 3 or 4 goals but I never feel cheated. No more cheap cut backs where you cant defend then a simple tap in. I just need to improve. On top of that Ive seen AI long shots, volleys, lob volleys, overlapping runs and whipped in crosses. It's an absolute joy to lose :)

@johnny_on - the playing both games things - exactly, you have to unlearn everything of one to fully appreciate the other.

I generally find I can put up with PES' foibles and lack of realism until we get towards the January transfer window then I switch to FIFA for CM then get bored and go back to PES sometime in the New Year.

This year though, it looks like FIFA has enough to keep my attention - as long as the AI is visibly different for each team; not something I've noticed in the demo but I suppose it would be hard to see that in 3 minute halves.

@johnny_on - the playing both games things - exactly, you have to unlearn everything of one to fully appreciate the other.

I generally find I can put up with PES' foibles and lack of realism until we get towards the January transfer window then I switch to FIFA for CM then get bored and go back to PES sometime in the New Year.

This year though, it looks like FIFA has enough to keep my attention - as long as the AI is visibly different for each team; not something I've noticed in the demo but I suppose it would be hard to see that in 3 minute halves.

Play against Dortmund and then play against the other teams. I notice Dortmund play much more on the counter attack.

They sit very deep and break with pace.

Its not much but a enough that shows me they'll be small differences in team styles.

After playing loads of games I finally saw the 4th Assistant hold up the electronic board indicating who was being substituted. Nice little touch I thought. About time it was included but I've never seen it before.
Also finally saw a player kick the ball back to free kick taker. Doesn't make the game any better but again, nice touch.

I need the game now as demo is too short and I don't like playing the CPU. I need to play v people online and sharpish.

FIFA 13 Leagues

Australia – A-League

Austria – A.Bundesliga

Belgium – Pro League

Brazil – Liga do Brasil

Denmark – Superliga

England – Barclays PL, npower Champ, npower League 1, npower League 2

France – Ligue 1, Ligue 2

Germany – Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga

Italy – Serie A, Serie B

Korea Rep – K-League

Mexico – Liga MX

Netherlands – Eredivisie

Norway – Tippeligaen

Poland – Polska Liga

Portugal – Liga Portuguesa

Rep of Ireland – Airtricity League

Russia – Russian League

Saudi Arabia – Saudi Pro League *NEW*

Scotland – SPL

Spain – Liga BBVA, Liga Adelante

Sweden – Allsvenskan

Switzerland – Raiffeisen SL

United States – MLS
FIFA 13 International Teams

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia *NEW*, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Chile, Colombia, Cote d’Loire, Czech Rep *NEW*, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India *NEW*, Ireland, Italy, Korea Rep, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Norway, Paraguay *NEW*, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, USA, Uruguay, Venezuela *NEW*.
FIFA 13 ROTW

AEK Athens, Boca Juniors, Galatasaray SK, Kaizer Chiefs, MLS All Stars *NEW*, Olympiakos CFP, Orlando Pirates, Panathinaikos, PAOK, Racing Club, River Plate, Classic XI, World XI.

cut and paste from fifasoccerblog.com

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-13-league-team-list/

Thanks.

So only one new league which is the Saudi league.

On the other hand, at least they haven't lost any leagues from the looks of it. Or am I missing something?

EDIT: Actually, No Turkish league!!? Damn! That sucks! And I don't see Fenerbahce or Besiktas in Rest of the World either while there are 4 Greek teams as you'd expect! Yet only Galatasaray!

All leagues from FIFA 12 are there, with the addition of the Saudi League. New national teams include Czech Republic, Paraguay, India, Bolivia and Venezuela. However, Croatia was left out.

Back
Top Bottom