FIFA 13

Man city proving that fifa online is 100% realistic portrayal of football.

Get dominated whole game then score a 1v1 on the counter!!

I tried Fifa 13 Demo and I was a pleased with it so much and I can say it is better than Fifa 12 for sure.

As a PES hardcore fan I can say Fifa 13 has brought the best element of PES:

Randomization: I can't get enough of Fifa 13 because it is not so predicted like other Fifa games. Passing, first touch and shooting is not the same. Like the real deal in football a lot of passes are not perfect, some of them are weaker, some of them are going to the wrong directions specially under presur or with low passing states. So is shooting, some of your shoots will surprise you a lot of them will disappoint you.. Therefor, every goal is rewording in Fifa 13 like it was in PES in her golden days.

Fifa 13 hold onto there great elements and improve them like:

1- Smoothness (no rail roads when players are moving)
2- Great awareness (I feel that every player is aware of his situation and the ball)
3- Great visuals and physics (ingame visuals not cinematic visuals)
4- Great Sounds (not perfect though)

What Fifa 13 needs to be better is:

1- Improving skill triggers to be more easy to use (for some players) and to be a real advantage if you have the right players in your team like in real life.
2- Improving the formations menu like it is in PES 2013.
3- Improving tactics choices to let us control the hole team as we were real couches.
4- Improving tactic and formation triggers during the match to have more choices without going to the "Pause" menu.
5- Improving the cinematic parts and body models to be better than this.

I totally take back what I said about the demo first time round, I'm playing on slow, old school tele cam at 15 height 13 zoom, and the only other alteration is lowering line width to 45 for both teams to make the play a tiny bit more compact, and it's been fantastic. First touch is really nice. I'm also noticing that attacking runs are far more varied than before and the CPU can keep the ball very well without just aimlessly keeping it.

The only thing I'm surprised about is that the game even on World Class feels too easy though, I'm winning a lot of games which is strange because I'm traditionally awful at FIFA.

One of my favorite "new" things is the impact engine seems to work for tackles now. The animations don't seem to be so static, you can run by a guy and still trail your back leg out while at speed, more wrap around tackles, no more of that jump kick slide animation, etc.

The only nigglei can see so far is i seem to be able to win tackles easily against the cpu, whetehr im getting a foot in or sliding.

So is the first touch entirely automatic? I presume so. I'm also starting to get used to receiving each pass in. Certain directions to maximise the ball control, sprint straight towards the ball for example as it comes towards you and it usually results in a heavy touch. Using L2 control helps too.

First touch is entirely contextual, so as you said your speed, ball speed, spin, angle, player skill, amount of pressure receiver is under : all make a difference. EA said it is not random at all. But I love it. It adds a lot of variety.

Last edited:
Each year for the past few, I've enjoyed FIFA and proclaimed it "very good" etc. not so this year :(

It's the BEST football game I've played since PES6. I don't know if it eclipses that for me yet, will have to wait for the full game and give it some more time, but I've seen enough now to know this is one of the best footballing experiences on a game I've ever had.

The shear variety in the play is something FIFA hasn't ever had really. Just so much random stuff can happen thanks to the new physics. I've had some unbelievable passages of play that have made me shout out loud and ooh and Aaah etc. not had that in a game for ages.

The goals feel well worked now, you can mix the play and id even say individuality is really coming through in a way pes always used to manage. Just played a load of friendlies as Juve v citeh and just used pirlo as much as possible and he near always got mom due to passing and moving without making a mistake. Then every time nasri got it, I struggled to deal with him as he is a bag of tricks. So good.

If the full game is at least as good as the demo (and we expecting it too be better?) then I doubt I'll be playing much else for the next year!

First touch is entirely contextual, so as you said your speed, ball speed, spin, angle, player skill, amount of pressure receiver is under : all make a difference. EA said it is not random at all. But I love it. It adds a lot of variety.

I think, like with all the 'contextualised error' features in FIFA, it definitively is random. The context reflects on the range of randomness, but it still is random, as in, the exact same situation can, and will, result in different outcomes.

I think EA stray away from the term 'random' because people misunderstand it to mean that it's not contextual.

I think, like with all the 'contextualised error' features in FIFA, it definitively is random. The context reflects on the range of randomness, but it still is random, as in, the exact same situation can, and will, result in different outcomes.

I think EA stray away from the term 'random' because people misunderstand it to mean that it's not contextual.

''programmed ''random'' errors''? lol

Each year for the past few, I've enjoyed FIFA and proclaimed it "very good" etc. not so this year :(

It's the BEST football game I've played since PES6. I don't know if it eclipses that for me yet, will have to wait for the full game and give it some more time, but I've seen enough now to know this is one of the best footballing experiences on a game I've ever had.

The shear variety in the play is something FIFA hasn't ever had really. Just so much random stuff can happen thanks to the new physics. I've had some unbelievable passages of play that have made me shout out loud and ooh and Aaah etc. not had that in a game for ages.

The goals feel well worked now, you can mix the play and id even say individuality is really coming through in a way pes always used to manage. Just played a load of friendlies as Juve v citeh and just used pirlo as much as possible and he near always got mom due to passing and moving without making a mistake. Then every time nasri got it, I struggled to deal with him as he is a bag of tricks. So good.

If the full game is at least as good as the demo (and we expecting it too be better?) then I doubt I'll be playing much else for the next year!

Inclined to agree. If you put PES6 and Fifa 13 side by side, there'd only be one winner though. By no fault of your own, you're remembering PES for it's fun factor - a feeling that you won't be able to shift for quite some time. Truth is, it would fall short by some way in the modern world of football games. A truly iconic game which is still being remembered by so many as the pinnacle game of the sport - me included.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that we have moved on from 2005, but like you I don't think I've ever had more "fun" in a footballing game than I did with PES5/6 playing against mates.

As things have progressed so much in that time though, Fifa 13 looks like it's sat in the throne, with the crown for so many years glued to PES, firmly on it's head.

If the full game is reflective of the demo - which it obviously should be and is, then I can't wait until I can play it.

pes 6 is pretty poor...I think pes 5 was better and pes3...pes 6 if i try to replay was far to arcadey.

Anyway both are history now

When the game is released can people put up a full game say like 10 minutes, with untouched out of the box settings, but gameplay just on slow? I'd like to see how much slower the retail 'slow' is in comparison to the demo. The pace of the game is a killer for me, but many have said that the full game is indeed much slower.

can someone try this for me and see if I'm dreaming. I knocked the marking settings down instead of up in the sliders to 30. It seemed to be a t lot of a tighter game where I thought increasing the marking setting would have a tighter effect.

Gotta say, starting to really appreciate the changes in this game now.

Juventus seems to be a good match for my style. I found myself keeping the ball, looking for spaces in the most realistic way last night.

Still think keepers are a bit dodgy from low shots from long range but I've gone from hating this to looking forward to it more than PES2013 in just a few days.

pes 6 is pretty poor...I think pes 5 was better and pes3...pes 6 if i try to replay was far to arcadey.

Anyway both are history now

Well, between PES3 - PES6, it was all good. PES5 perhaps was the one though, yes.

I've still got them all in a cupboard upstairs at home, PS2 classics.

Still, that's a debate for another thread.

I've gone from hating this to looking forward to it more than PES2013 in just a few days.

Me too. I love the PES demo but the more I've played this the more I've enjoyed it. I now tend to put this demo on over the PES one, which is unexpected.

On a different note, I loved last night how I ran down the inside-right channel, stopped still with the ball as nothing was on for a pass, then noticed Kieran Gibbs making a long arcing run around me so that he could overlap and provide an attacking option. Really impressed with that. I also like how I keep catching teams on the break when I'm winning late on. I scored a goal from a breakaway in injury time as Dortmund were 1-0 down ans so had thrown nearly everyone forward, I ended up almost walking the ball in because I had three attackers vs one defender and their keeper.

can someone try this for me and see if I'm dreaming. I knocked the marking settings down instead of up in the sliders to 30. It seemed to be a t lot of a tighter game where I thought increasing the marking setting would have a tighter effect.

not in fifa 12 anyway as soon as i put the marking below 40 i start getting 10-15 yard gaps between me and the defenders and win games like 10-0 on 5min halfs!!! even on wrold class.

I noticed on fifa 12 anythign below 45 makes it far to easy and below 40 is just a joke maybe it gets opposite at 30 loli dunno

Well, between PES3 - PES6, it was all good. PES5 perhaps was the one though, yes.

I've still got them all in a cupboard upstairs at home, PS2 classics.

Still, that's a debate for another thread.

got them for ps2 and pc pes1-pes6

Me too. I love the PES demo but the more I've played this the more I've enjoyed it. I now tend to put this demo on over the PES one, which is unexpected.

On a different note, I loved last night how I ran down the inside-right channel, stopped still with the ball as nothing was on for a pass, then noticed Kieran Gibbs making a long arcing run around me so that he could overlap and provide an attacking option. Really impressed with that. I also like how I keep catching teams on the break when I'm winning late on. I scored a goal from a breakaway in injury time as Dortmund were 1-0 down ans so had thrown nearly everyone forward, I ended up almost walking the ball in because I had three attackers vs one defender and their keeper.

noticed full backs getting right up there in this one

When the game is released can people put up a full game say like 10 minutes, with untouched out of the box settings, but gameplay just on slow? I'd like to see how much slower the retail 'slow' is in comparison to the demo. The pace of the game is a killer for me, but many have said that the full game is indeed much slower.

Problem is recording it on a camera messes up the speed you see it at unless you do a direct capture and I don't know anyone who has access to that tech

I'm having serious frigging issues with this Demo. when Origin loads up PLAY/SETTINGS/EXIT If i click on SETTINGS it just goes back to FIFA 13 screen and the PLAY box is in a dull Orange colour. If i click on PLAY it loads but it's not top spec graphics and then it crashes. Can anyone help me with this? I have unistalled and re-installed demo and Origin.:RANT:

i think you need no origin crack

I was watching the Real Madrid City match last night and Fifa nails the pace pretty well.

Madrid are custom tactics abusers :-)

That was some high pressing last night by them... and people say the Prem is fast paced...

Still for enjoyment factor hope EA knock the pace of the demo down a bit. When i think of the speed of the demo (against CPU) Then imagine online abusers...

I think it would be waaaayyy to fast online.

I was watching the Real Madrid City match last night and Fifa nails the pace pretty well.

and the counter goals!!!

btw playing pes 13 after fifa 13 it looks so many years behind in animations and graphics and presnation etc..

Still good gameplay though

Back
Top Bottom