FIFA 13

Really looking forward to this game i have to say. Sometimes though I get annoyed with this individuality between footy games debate. I find it rather pointless.

In all honesty though (for me) when I'm controlling the characters on screen it's all my own imagination and fantasy in how individualization is portrayed on screen in both games.

Looking forward to Saturday 6.00pm.

When the game is released can people put up a full game say like 10 minutes, with untouched out of the box settings, but gameplay just on slow? I'd like to see how much slower the retail 'slow' is in comparison to the demo. The pace of the game is a killer for me, but many have said that the full game is indeed much slower.

I'm pretty sure the FIFA 12 demo was a lot faster than retail too? I seem to remember not liking the demo too much due to speed but being assured the retail was slower ... and it was. The speed was FAR better than the demo so I wouldn't be surprised if they slowed it down in the retail this year too.

I'm pretty sure the FIFA 12 demo was a lot faster than retail too? I seem to remember not liking the demo too much due to speed but being assured the retail was slower ... and it was. The speed was FAR better than the demo so I wouldn't be surprised if they slowed it down in the retail this year too.

The sliders wernt available in the fifa 12 demo i dont think?

If I remember Dags, EA confirmed *somewhere* that the demo would be faster than the retail so that people could still take some enjoyment from the 3 minute demo.

Likewise, the midfield was purposely left more open for the same reason (i.e to create chances in such a short space of time).

I played the full version of PES2013 last night, as my girlfrield works in a shop that sell games :) I got her to take the game home, so I could try it.

The shot power on PES is ridicoulous - There is no power behind the shots and even though the goalkeepers struggles to save the shots.

The stiff animations and the ball physics are also laughable, when you think of this is a game that is released in 2012.

The ball doesn't feel independent from the players - It's like it has it's own lane.

And where is the attacking AI? The only great thing I have seen is the wingbacks overlapping.

I tried and play the FIFA 13 demo just after - IT PLAYS SO MUCH BETTER!

Now I seriously can't wait until Saturday! Getting the Season Ticket saturday and buying the full version for PC :)

COME ON!

I have enjoyed the demo but some annoying things i hope would be fixed aren't:
- on the fly subs: i couldn't find any option: Am i missing something?
- background visual like crowd and adboard have really poor texture. i hate those generic ads anyway.
- tactical menu is still slow and boring and limited
-player model is still wrong
-Individuality could be better

But gameplay is fun, deep and solid overall, shooting and keepers are really something!!! fifa for career mode and pes for multiplayer for me.

The more i play the more im enjoyed. Its brilliant. There are so many unpredictible situations, every match is different. I found my way how to defend at the end of the match. When cpu looses it really is hard to keep the win, after 80 min of the game - cpu is insane. I choose the 5-4-1 and pray. Yesterday, i survived and countered the cpu scoring a goal. Cant way the full ver. I allways play milan, it plays different against each team, its really diversed. Against juve the match is peaced u need to find a way to score and u need to be very carefull coz thery can beat u at any time, vs city its opened game i had so many great counter attacks, and borussia is the easiest u feel free to attack but u also need to watch ur back not to loose a goal. World Class is a good challenge, Carrer Mode will be so adictive!

Last edited:
I played the full version of PES2013 last night, as my girlfrield works in a shop that sell games :) I got her to take the game home, so I could try it.

The shot power on PES is ridicoulous - There is no power behind the shots and even though the goalkeepers struggles to save the shots.The stiff animations and the ball physics are also laughable, when you think of this is a game that is released in 2012.

The ball doesn't feel independent from the players - It's like it has it's own lane.

And where is the attacking AI? The only great thing I have seen is the wingbacks overlapping.

Now I seriously can't wait until Saturday! Getting the Season Ticket saturday and buying the full version for PC :)

COME ON!

You need to approach shooting in a different way on PES. FIFA is more forgiving or perhaps the game engine allows for less sticky ball control at your feet so you can hit it hard, without needing to get your body shape as right as under PES. But I've seen shots on PES that could only be hit with FIFA if you turned up the shot power to 52.

How many games did you play? It has a steeper learning curve. No offence, but this is the first FIFA to have some really active attacking AI. To say PES has no attacking AI tells me you didn't play it for very long.

Glad you're enjoying the FIFA demo though. I'll give it more of a run on the weekend.

You need to approach shooting in a different way on PES. FIFA is more forgiving or perhaps the game engine allows for less sticky ball control at your feet so you can hit it hard, without needing to get your body shape as right as under PES. But I've seen shots on PES that could only be hit with FIFA if you turned up the shot power to 52.

How many games did you play? It has a steeper learning curve. No offence, but this is the first FIFA to have some really active attacking AI. To say PES has no attacking AI tells me you didn't play it for very long.

Glad you're enjoying the FIFA demo though. I'll give it more of a run on the weekend.

I have played Demo 1 and the full version - And I've played 40+ games..

It just doesn't catch me :)

Can someone tell me how in FIFA you get space?
The pitch looks small and the players all seemed to bunch together.

I use to have that issue too with FIFA games, but for some reason I don't anymore since I've been playing the 13 demo and using Tele cam with 0 height and 0 zoom.

Explain to a dumb ass?

You refferring to cpu or cpu teammates?

What u mean exactly?

As in you can just keep passing all the way to opponents goal then you make cahcne shot....then opponent gets ball and does likewise

In other words its like american football...You have each down and a chance to move forward then once u get near goal u make chance to touchdown or field goal...in this case shoot, cross or through ball?

What u are saying is that in between the 2 boxes the game is uncontested..its as simple as passing from your box to opponents box then make an effort on goal...there is little variety in the match in the middle of the park?

Is this what you mean?

Do you always have to type in 'txt' chat? I know my English can be poor but at least I make effort.

Producer just confirmed me that we`ll finally be able to edit players winter/rain equipments, small detail sure, but it was about time!

Gilliard Lopes ‏@grunglopes
@brunnoce83 Sim, no #FIFA13 você pode escolher o tipo de uniforme para chuva e neve incluindo mangas longas, camisa de baixo, gola alta, etc

Thanks bro. Yeah that twitter message we saw thanks to our Brazilian friend Brunnoce. But being licensed doesn't mean it'll make into 'this' game as it's come a bit late. It does mean even if it's not, it should at least become available as DLC though.

Anyway I'm optimistic and I guess soon enough we'll find out. :)

Just tried changing the camera settings to tele cam zoom 0, and height 10....it's like a different game completely! Suddenly the game feels and plays very well. How strange?

I always play on zoom 0 and heigh 20 I think, one all the way one way and the other all the way the other way!

Bottom right change accounts might have auto'd you to PS3 or PC whatever isn't your main platform.

Aha thanks I'll try that when the servers aren't dead! I don't actually play FUT I just want to give my gold packs away :)

The shot power on PES is ridicoulous - There is no power behind the shots and even though the goalkeepers struggles to save the shots.

The stiff animations and the ball physics are also laughable, when you think of this is a game that is released in 2012.

COME ON!

100% agree with you after playing full version of Pes 2013 today.Actually, ı did like the first demo but full game is not good for me..

I always play on zoom 0 and heigh 20 I think, one all the way one way and the other all the way the other way!

Aha thanks I'll try that when the servers aren't dead! I don't actually play FUT I just want to give my gold packs away :)

Long shot, but if you get any Man United players could you send them my way ( or UT) ;)

Really close between PES and FIFA this year, a brilliant situation for me.

I love the slower speed of PES, the more thoughtful approach, the weight of the players and the inertia.

With FIFA, I love the first touch and it just feels more organic. Balls are pinging all over the place from deflections and it feels a lot less rigid than PES.

I imagine I'll be giving both games some good playing time over the next year :D

Back
Top Bottom