FIFA 13

Not that many moaning about the demo to be fair....

If you wanna see moaning, go back to this time the last 2 years that was proper moaning :-)

I'm loving the demo. I'd take how it plays in the right now as the final release and i'd be happy.

If its better than that, we have a classic, it may well get the PES 5-6 Treatment.

Its that good IMO.

Completly agree, plain and simple.

ive found that a quick tap on right stick around a man draws as a foul as does beating am man and then getting level in his running line as they will try to pull you back, as soon as you see the advantage symbol let go of the pad and it will not play the advantage.

It truly is a great game and if the reports are true then it will be one of the greats no doubt

Thanks hitmanuk, I will try this out. :))

People can also say the other way :COAT:
Unfortunately in some occassion, a case like in impact engine, just make me think :FAIL: animation. Though, some are decent :SMUG:

Not really. Im no Pes hater, i actually bought last years game earlier in the year as a change from Fifa. I try to enjoy both as much as possible unless we get a bad serving somewhere. But some of the criticism ive seen of this demo from self confessed Pes fanboys is embarrasing.

Strange question but does anyone know if the career mode will have utterly stupid transfers this year?
Last year by transfer deadline day City had sold half their team it was totaly stupid and killed the mode for me.

Impact engine might not be 100% perfect yet, but it's really impressive. I played against Arsenal and Walcott was in the penalty area taking a shot when my player did a standing tackle that slightly nudged is leg that was coming down to take a shot. The leg changed direction just a little bit because of the physics engine and he hit the ball off centre and ball went wide. Since my player had such momentum I also body tackled him so he did get a penalty from it. It looked awesome I was playing it back and forward in slow motion. I really like how the direction of the ball was so dynamically calculated to how the foot actually hit the ball. Not like in FIFA 10 (I believe) where I recorded a video of how the power and direction of the ball was predetermined long before impact.

The ball also feel extremely free in this game, I like it. If they focus on the things I want for next year it could be extremely good. I just hope BAP is playable this year :PRAY:

Strange question but does anyone know if the career mode will have utterly stupid transfers this year?
Last year by transfer deadline day City had sold half their team it was totaly stupid and killed the mode for me.

Apparently they've toned this down yes, and you're very unlikely to see players leaving if they've just signed this window. On Fifa 12 players like Silva and Toure were being bought when that simply wouldn't have happened.

Impact engine might not be 100% perfect yet, but it's really impressive. I played against Arsenal and Walcott was in the penalty area taking a shot when my player did a standing tackle that slightly nudged is leg that was coming down to take a shot. The leg changed direction just a little bit because of the physics engine and he hit the ball off centre and ball went wide. Since my player had such momentum I also body tackled him so he did get a penalty from it. It looked awesome I was playing it back and forward in slow motion. I really like how the direction of the ball was so dynamically calculated to how the foot actually hit the ball. Not like in FIFA 10 (I believe) where I recorded a video of how the power and direction of the ball was predetermined long before impact.

The ball also feel extremely free in this game, I like it. If they focus on the things I want for next year it could be extremely good. I just hope BAP is playable this year :PRAY:

also 1st touch is great...i done lofted through ball over arsenal defense....aguero was chasing on but metezelder was in front of him...metz stuck his leg out to stop the lofted ball (he is facing his own goal and aguero running behind him on the D) well his 1st touch is crap and he hits ball up in air and 3-4 yards ahead...this gives aguero time to use hi pace, he sneaks in front of metezelder and then volleys the ball at goal....only possible due to bad 1st touch

Apparently they've toned this down yes, and you're very unlikely to see players leaving if they've just signed this window. On Fifa 12 players like Silva and Toure were being bought when that simply wouldn't have happened.

good to hear.
Teams like City were Unrecognisable at the end of August.

also 1st touch is great...i done lofted through ball over arsenal defense....aguero was chasing on but metezelder was in front of him...metz stuck his leg out to stop the lofted ball (he is facing his own goal and aguero running behind him on the D) well his 1st touch is crap and he hits ball up in air and 3-4 yards ahead...this gives aguero time to use hi pace, he sneaks in front of metezelder and then volleys the ball at goal....only possible due to bad 1st touch

I agree, without the first touch error I wouldn't enjoy it at all I think. The only issue I see might be a problem is that the AI doesn't always predict this in a way you do in real life. I've seen defenders trying to control difficult balls in dangerous situations where most people in real world would just try to clear it away without trying to trap it. But that worry might be for nothing, might not be a problem in full release.

Guys, forgive me for my ignorance but I haven't played a lot of FIFA in recent years (that's about to change:)) ) but is there a way to set up automatic subs, formations changes etc... like you can in PES?

I agree, without the first touch error I wouldn't enjoy it at all I think. The only issue I see might be a problem is that the AI doesn't always predict this in a way you do in real life. I've seen defenders trying to control difficult balls in dangerous situations where most people in real world would just try to clear it away without trying to trap it. But that worry might be for nothing, might not be a problem in full release.

Yeh as for my example is fifa12 Metzelder would auto trap the ball and the move would be over but thanks to first touch it added in another aspect to the game and attack wasnt over..Obviously cpu trys to trap ball but a human would realise it would be a hard ball to cotnrol and have to opt to punt it rather than try to control it but as i siad in fifa 12 the ball woulda just stuck to his foot.

Well what I want to say is that PES seems to be more football game, the real footbal experience. FIFA is a good video game of football but that doesn´t mean it´s not enjoyable at all.
For example, Call of Duty: Black Ops, or Battlefield 3, they are very demanding games and very good games, enjoyable but they are not real (you can receive 4 shoots and not die) but both games are quite good.

FIFA is not what football is suppoused to be but deserves all respects and as "a video game" is really enjoyable. As talking about football concerns, PES is the game.

Thats your opinion, i have anonther. Fifa is more realistic, en PES is arcade. They counter al the way. When i have the ball there is much space to attack. And when they recover the ball, there is much space in my defence as well.

But Fifa is more tactic. More waiting for a opening to attack and make a goal. I have seen in PES 2013, some players score with a sliding. In fifa they dont make some sort of goal.

This.

Apparently now there's proper logic behind team's buying and selling, is this guy a key player on my team, is he going to improve, is he on the decline, etc etc.

Try to play like this in demo :

Full manual
Slow
Sprint Speed 49,Acceleration 45,Pass Speed 53,Both User&Cpu...Power Bar 42
Only play Afternoon With full shadow on the field or Almost full...There is a bug in demo so exact time changes
Tele Cam Height 2,Zoom 2
Prefer Arsenal against City using 1st kits
By far for me best way to enjoy this demo...so smooth

i hope final game is slower

just had my first go at this. Impressed, should be a good year for footie games. But does anyonelse notice how the players bounce when dribbling.. its really weird.. they seem to be able to turn only at right angles... I am curious to play this with decent sliders and a lower division team

Does noone else play on dynamic fully zooomed out?

I prefer other cameras as it looks better as u can see more of the pitch but i always get best results when i play dynamic

Does noone else play on dynamic fully zooomed out?

I prefer other cameras as it looks better as u can see more of the pitch but i always get best results when i play dynamic

Animations look great in the dynamic cam but I need to see more of the pitch. The game is mustard for me using the Tele cam with 0 height and 0 zoom.

Yeah I've seen the bug in the demo. You select night time and the game looks like the floodlights have gone out!

Good news re transfers. That mode was unplayable last year due to crazy transfers.

Hopefully slower is slower. On demo no matter the setting when I play v Dortmund it feels like 100 mph

Animations look great in the dynamic cam but I need to see more of the pitch. The game is mustard for me using the Tele cam with 0 height and 0 zoom.

yeh its great to see up close on dynamic...i also find it easier to beat players and do skills on dynamic and shoot.

THe drawback is i dont see players ahead on picth or runs unless i look at radar and even then miss a lot.

Overall though i concluded i get better results with dynamic so i stick with it

Yeah I've seen the bug in the demo. You select night time and the game looks like the floodlights have gone out!

Good news re transfers. That mode was unplayable last year due to crazy transfers.

Hopefully slower is slower. On demo no matter the setting when I play v Dortmund it feels like 100 mph

3min demo i imagine they ramp up speed for more action.

My major gripe is pass speed 50 is so fukin laughabley slow its crap.

Ill bump for offline on sliders but online its just rubbish

3min demo i imagine they ramp up speed for more action.

My major gripe is pass speed 50 is so fukin laughabley slow its crap.

Ill bump for offline on sliders but online its just rubbish

If you compare too last year, the pass speed is much better.

It just feels like there is more power in the passes this year - But people got their own opinions :)

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT UNTIL THE 27th!!! (Danish release)

Playing it on PC, but got the SeasonTicket on X360 from last year, so may get tempted to download it and play online against my brother :BOP:

yeh its great to see up close on dynamic...i also find it easier to beat players and do skills on dynamic and shoot.

THe drawback is i dont see players ahead on picth or runs unless i look at radar and even then miss a lot.

Overall though i concluded i get better results with dynamic so i stick with it

i think the dynamic camera is slightly better as you can see more..again like someone said set at zero zero or one one its an excellent camera

If you compare too last year, the pass speed is much better.

It just feels like there is more power in the passes this year - But people got their own opinions :)

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT UNTIL THE 27th!!! (Danish release)

Playing it on PC, but got the SeasonTicket on X360 from last year, so may get tempted to download it and play online against my brother :BOP:

I handt noticed much improvement in pass speed 50 but i did notice that shot power 50 was much improved...I might not need 51 this year

PS- add me on origin..battlebhoy

For those in North America, does the EA Season ticket pass enable the early download of the game on the 21st or 22nd!? I can hardly wait! :D

Back
Top Bottom