FIFA 13

Liking the demo. Does anyone know the answer to these questions:

1 Are there still going to be two commentary teams like last year? I loved that option. ie. Martin Tyler and Alan Smith and Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend.

2 How often will the FIFA Matchday Live feature update? Once a week would hardly be "live". In the demo it still hasn't updated based upon Saturday's games. This is a big feature for me.

I also preffer PES 2013 this year, that´s my choice but I must admit this FIFA 13 is good at least in the demo. I preffer the way PES 2013 handles the tempo of every match, in FIFA 13 the match is like "run players run" and that´s a little of "tiki-taka" you know... In PES 2013 players run of course, but there´s much of "tiki-taka" what I like more.

What I mean is that this year no one will be playing a "bad" football game but a football game ACCORDING TO ITS OWN LIKES.
FIFA 13 in not better than PES 2013 and viceversa, this year peolple like FIFA or PES. That´s all

Record a match in FIFA 13 with FRAPS for wathching your self and then a PES 2013 match and record it and watch them both. Ask your girlfriend, your mother, someone who doesn´t like football or have no idea about football. Which one looks like a real football match? Try it.

Record a match in FIFA 13 with FRAPS for wathching your self and then a PES 2013 match and record it and watch them both. Ask your girlfriend, your mother, someone who doesn´t like football or have no idea about football. Which one looks like a real football match? Try it.

Call me sad mate but i have done this already with the parents and they said fifa. But i will be buying both games because theres certain aspects in pes i like and visa versa with fifa.

The range of animations alone puts Pes in the shade. Forget tempo, i can adjust that in the full game.

All weekend, it was 'wow', 'wow' 'boss' etc

Everytime i saw a player skip over a challenge, or pull off a little deft piece of skill, or react brillianty to a last ditch clearence or stretch for an interception, or hit a dipping volley.

I feel sorry for those that are brand blinded because they are missing out on a fantastic effort from EA.

1 Are there still going to be two commentary teams like last year? I loved that option. ie. Martin Tyler and Alan Smith and Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend.

2 How often will the FIFA Matchday Live feature update? Once a week would hardly be "live". In the demo it still hasn't updated based upon Saturday's games. This is a big feature for me.

1. Yes
2. No idea

I'm actually preparing an actual folder for all the chants, entrance songs, goal tunes and so on for FIFA 13 especially for Bundesliga and Premier League because I hate outdated songs.

Help will be much appreciated as I'm not sure about the actual entrance songs in Premier League from this (2012/2013) season. So if anyone is 100% sure about the entrance song from a Premier League club, tell me ;)

Apart from those off course:
West Ham - Forever blowing bubbles
Everton - Z-Cars
Liverpool - You'll never walk alone
ManUnited - Rocky Theme

Last edited:
its a demo they aint gonna update the demo with things like match day - thats what you pay for when buying full game
Why not update the demo with match day? It's a good chance to test their backend infrastructure prior to retail release, and it is a feature they are touting this year in their promotions, including in promotion of the demo. And I want to know how it works before handing over my spondulas, not just blindly rely on the EA hype machine.

NB. Thanks for info about commentary Placebo. Looking forward to your sliders.

The range of animations alone puts Pes in the shade. Forget tempo, i can adjust that in the full game.

All weekend, it was 'wow', 'wow' 'boss' etc

Everytime i saw a player skip over a challenge, or pull off a little deft piece of skill, or react brillianty to a last ditch clearence or stretch for an interception, or hit a dipping volley.

I feel sorry for those that are brand blinded because they are missing out on a fantastic effort from EA.

People can also say the other way :COAT:
Unfortunately in some occassion, a case like in impact engine, just make me think :FAIL: animation. Though, some are decent :SMUG:

Why not update the demo with match day? It's a good chance to test their backend infrastructure prior to retail release, and it is a feature they are touting this year in their promotions, including in promotion of the demo. And I want to know how it works before handing over my spondulas, not just blindly rely on the EA hype machine.

NB. Thanks for info about commentary Placebo. Looking forward to your sliders.

because its a demo.

Well what I want to say is that PES seems to be more football game, the real footbal experience. FIFA is a good video game of football but that doesn´t mean it´s not enjoyable at all.
For example, Call of Duty: Black Ops, or Battlefield 3, they are very demanding games and very good games, enjoyable but they are not real (you can receive 4 shoots and not die) but both games are quite good.

FIFA is not what football is suppoused to be but deserves all respects and as "a video game" is really enjoyable. As talking about football concerns, PES is the game.

I initially said the demo wasn't for me but I've had another go and it's actually pretty fun. I still much prefer PES this year but given there are only two football games in existence each year I think there'll be room for this too.

One thing about the lack of CPU fouls, I played a demo match last night and the CPU repeatedly kept fouling me, so I've not had an issue with it. There was one hilarious passage of play where I'd take a free-kick, almost instantly get fouled, restart, instantly get fouled again. I think it happened four times in a row until the ref got pissed off and ran over and dished out a yellow card :P

people who keep moaning about the demo need to remember that it's a demo and not the final version.

I have read glowing feedback at a few different forums across internet today..this game is shaping up to be something else by the sound of thing.

cant wait now.

Not that many moaning about the demo to be fair....

If you wanna see moaning, go back to this time the last 2 years that was proper moaning :-)

I'm loving the demo. I'd take how it plays in the right now as the final release and i'd be happy.

If its better than that, we have a classic, it may well get the PES 5-6 Treatment.

Its that good IMO.

If you wanna see moaning, go back to this time the last 2 years that was proper moaning :-)

I'm loving the demo. I'd take how it plays in the right now as the final release and i'd be happy.

If its better than that, we have a classic, it may well get the PES 5-6 Treatment.

Its that good IMO.

Slow speed needs to be slower, CPU fouling more. But otherwise I'm pleased with the gameplay side of things.

Its that good IMO.

Agreed.

I initially said the demo wasn't for me but I've had another go and it's actually pretty fun. I still much prefer PES this year but given there are only two football games in existence each year I think there'll be room for this too.

One thing about the lack of CPU fouls, I played a demo match last night and the CPU repeatedly kept fouling me, so I've not had an issue with it. There was one hilarious passage of play where I'd take a free-kick, almost instantly get fouled, restart, instantly get fouled again. I think it happened four times in a row until the ref got pissed off and ran over and dished out a yellow card :P

Yeah like I said, I haven't had an issue with no fouls; there's plenty from the AI in my games.

fifa or pes for you this year?

Its that good IMO.

Well said, it's looking like a PES5 for me aswell as the full game is even better than this demo. The missus won't be happy... :)

I must doing something wrong then regarding drawing fouls. Can I ask for some tips from you guys on how to draw them. I try to use the close dribble or to make moves around defenders, but it doesn't seem to help me.

Can't believe they still don't have a foul slider. :CONFUSE:

I must doing something wrong then regarding drawing fouls. Can I ask for some tips from you guys on how to draw them. I try to use the close dribble or to make moves around defenders, but it doesn't seem to help me.

I'm having the same experience really -- not getting fouled no matter what I do. Other than the slightly fast pace of the game this is my only real complaint with the demo.

ive found that a quick tap on right stick around a man draws as a foul as does beating am man and then getting level in his running line as they will try to pull you back, as soon as you see the advantage symbol let go of the pad and it will not play the advantage.

It truly is a great game and if the reports are true then it will be one of the greats no doubt

Back
Top Bottom