FIFA 13

68233069.jpg
63797663.jpg

72590534.jpg

85928060.jpg

@ Gab i've seen a few goals where keeper has got a had to it but the shot was to powerful and it's gone in. I know football isn't all about graphics and animations but it is after all what you see that excites people. So for me the more animations the more realism. It's not a sandbox game so i can't jump the fence and go into the crowd, or kick the ref in the balls. But i would like to see most of what i see in a game pf football, head clashes, fouls on the keeper. the ref going across to the linesman. Stretcher bearers on the field.
It's cosmetic but for the money i spend every year i want something different. If i buy Ghost Recon it is by essence the same game by the nature of it's series but i don't want to see the same shit and cut scenes as previous version because it's getting binned. In football temperament is a huge part of the game in all positons. I would like to see this implemented so if you have a Joey Barton, he may slit your throat :P Ashley Cole will argue with the ref and get booked, Hutton will break your legs. These things i want now. Demo with extender is the shit.:JAY:

I have watched a couple of CPU vs CPU matches now on world class settings (slow 10 min) and it looks pretty good. First touch errors makes such a huge difference. A lot of passing errors too.

The biggest problem I see is the defensive AI around the box. They are way too far away from the attackers with no sense of urgency at all. They also fall deep into their own penalty area too quickly. So you have free attackers just walking around, with and without the ball, unmarked in the penalty area. Hopefully they are are fed back this stuff so they can work on it for FIFA 14.

Played the full retail game yesterday at the community day in Köln and it was the best gaming/footballing experience I've ever had.

It was polished, everything ran smooth, collision system better then in the demo, and the pace of the game was slower compared to the demo.

Haven't looked forward to a game like this since I started breathing 34 years ago. :)

great news scorpio.

anything else you noticed?

what about lower teams and their first touches?

Had a great game playing as Oxford United against Chesterfield. Players take longer to control the ball, resulting in clearing the ball in the stands or hoofing it upfield (CPU and myself) more often than before just to be safe and not concede. Much more realistic and heaps of fun! :)

great news scorpio.

anything else you noticed?

what about lower teams and their first touches?

Also spacing between defenders and midfield while defending ?
In demo sometimes i get into counter-attack situations right from goal kicks because midfielders doesn't bother to back down .

Also spacing between defenders and midfield while defending ?
In demo sometimes i get into counter-attack situations right from goal kicks because midfielders doesn't bother to back down .

FIxed in the retail version, apparently the pace and midfielders problem from the two months old demo was because EA wanted people to more opportunities in front of goal.

FIxed in the retail version, apparently the pace and midfielders problem from the two months old demo was because EA wanted people to more opportunities in front of goal.

Sounds quality, does that result in more midfield battles then? I skipped FIFA 12 but from watching my brother play it in H2H it was ridiculous how quickly you could go from the defensive third to offensive third in two or three passes.

Sounds quality, does that result in more midfield battles then? I skipped FIFA 12 but from watching my brother play it in H2H it was ridiculous how quickly you could go from the defensive third to offensive third in two or three passes.

Yep it does, and more vicious tackles because of more loose balls. Excellent stuff really. For me the improved ball controls system is a lifechanger for FIFA13 and coupled with the attacking intelligence, it's simply amazing edge of the seat stuff.

Yep it does, and more vicious tackles because of more loose balls. Excellent stuff really. For me the improved ball controls system is a lifechanger for FIFA13 and coupled with the attacking intelligence, it's simply amazing edge of the seat stuff.

Sounds great son. Can't wait to get the game now as enjoying the demo. If its even better then happy days. We play a similar style so your word above a lot of others is golden for me. Shame we won't be able to play any games this time.

can you still easily go from defence to attack though?

allot of times midfield can be missed out for example assisted controls you can bypass the midfield and go straight to the forwards, without having to use the midfield and pass sideways or backwords. has that at all been fixed?

also what about defensive clearences, do they go straight to the attacker? like fifa 12

Linked to this, is the defensive AI much improved from the demo? Do they act together more as a defensive unit, rather than just individuals? Also, are they more organised in their positioning, and is the marking much tighter?

Finally, do your midfielders help out defensively to a greater degree, in comparison to the demo? Often, I felt the midfielders wouldn't bother tracking runs, or even just getting back behind the ball.

I'd appreciate it if you could answer any of these queries. Thanks.

I have watched a couple of CPU vs CPU matches now on world class settings (slow 10 min) and it looks pretty good. First touch errors makes such a huge difference. A lot of passing errors too.

The biggest problem I see is the defensive AI around the box. They are way too far away from the attackers with no sense of urgency at all. They also fall deep into their own penalty area too quickly. So you have free attackers just walking around, with and without the ball, unmarked in the penalty area. Hopefully they are are fed back this stuff so they can work on it for FIFA 14.
Gab have you seen Rafael and Vidic? In fact most of the frigging Man Utd team!:SHOCK:

Did you see many AI fouls? Still too easy to keep possession?

can you still easily go from defence to attack though?

allot of times midfield can be missed out for example assisted controls you can bypass the midfield and go straight to the forwards, without having to use the midfield and pass sideways or backwords. has that at all been fixed?

also what about defensive clearences, do they go straight to the attacker? like fifa 12

Didn't really notice midfielders getting bypassed as I play manual on World Class.

Defensive clearances mostly don't go to attackers and if they do the attacker has loads of trouble controlling it most of the time.

I'm not doubting what your saying, but can all the major gripes with FIFA be fixed that easily from demo to final code? For me the demo had some lovely glimpses, but it was still very much 12 at heart with CPU same patterns of play, the CPU getting one on one because midfielders never tracked back etc.

Did you see many AI fouls? Still too easy to keep possession?

Have to say I didn't see that many fouls allthough the CPU did injure some players of mine but mostly with correct tackles or mid-air collisions. Possession is harder too keep but maybe it's because I play manual on World Class.

AI not fouling much could be a negative point in the final version.

Also saw the CPU goalkeeper getting red carded after he brought down my striker in the box. :)

Played the full retail game yesterday at the community day in Köln and it was the best gaming/footballing experience I've ever had.

It was polished, everything ran smooth, collision system better then in the demo, and the pace of the game was slower compared to the demo.

Haven't looked forward to a game like this since I started breathing 34 years ago. :)

Outstanding:))

Still enjoying the demo with my sliders. I'm mostly playing as Arsenal away at Man City and losing more often than not, struggling to beat Joe Hart, but enjoying the challenge.

The more I play, the more I feel like the ability of defenders to intercept passes/shots close to them is just as much an improvement as the first touch stuff. It's a little harder to play through/around defenders now, which is positive, and can contribute to some nice unpredictability with deflections off outstretched legs, as well as the unknown of not being sure whether this time you can squeeze that ball through the gap or if it will be blocked.

Breaking up play in general feels more solid and satisfying, with the better impact engine and the more flexible slide tackling.

It also feels so far like they've possibly removed the amount of gravitational pull that players used to have on the ball, when deflections used to almost always bounce to players rather than bounce free, and airborne passes would be sucked towards opponents. That was something I hated and has bugged me for ages, and I'm delighted that they've seen sense to reduce/remove it. I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but I believe it's a big factor of why this version feels more organic and unpredictable.

A little tweak I noticed is if you build up slowly in defence, your central defenders now split wider than they used to, picking up on a real-life trend. Hesitate on the ball for a few moments near your own D and you should see one or both of your CBs begin to spread.

Still enjoying the demo with my sliders. I'm mostly playing as Arsenal away at Man City and losing more often than not, struggling to beat Joe Hart, but enjoying the challenge.

The more I play, the more I feel like the ability of defenders to intercept passes/shots close to them is just as much an improvement as the first touch stuff. It's a little harder to play through/around defenders now, which is positive, and can contribute to some nice unpredictability with deflections off outstretched legs, as well as the unknown of not being sure whether this time you can squeeze that ball through the gap or if it will be blocked.

Breaking up play in general feels more solid and satisfying, with the better impact engine and the more flexible slide tackling.

It also feels so far like they've possibly removed the amount of gravitational pull that players used to have on the ball, when deflections used to almost always bounce to players rather than bounce free, and airborne passes would be sucked towards opponents. That was something I hated and has bugged me for ages, and I'm delighted that they've seen sense to reduce/remove it. I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but I believe it's a big factor of why this version feels more organic and unpredictable.

A little tweak I noticed is if you build up slowly in defence, your central defenders now split wider than they used to, picking up on a real-life trend. Hesitate on the ball for a few moments near your own D and you should see one or both of your CBs begin to spread.

Good post. The part I highlighted in your post is a huge improvement and has made the game a lot less "magnetic". Like you said, it makes the game feel so much more unpredictable and natural.

Just had 5 or 6 really good games. Dortmund vs Juventus - rematch after every game. Dortmund are a really great side to use. I won one game 4-0 and Lewandowski was incredible, scoring two and assisting twice as well. I also won a game 1-0 with Reus scoring in the 14th minute and it should have been many more but for some absolutely incredible goalkeeping from Buffon. I must have put the replays on so many times to see how he pulled off some of the saves he did. Superb. One a cross from the winger over the top of the defence who were side tracked by Lewandowski and it fell to Reus maybe 5 yards out who ran on and smashed it on the volley only for Buffon to stick his leg out as it was going past him to stop it. He then grasped it with his gloves. It looked amazing. I tried to upload but couldn't (not sure why, the Y button indicator was faded?).

I'd also forgotten the buttons for Tactical Defending, so all this time I've been using A to tackle which is contain. It's actually worked a few times (obviously if you get close enough you'll nab the ball) but now using the correct button to standing tackle has made things a joy. Again! Doh!

I've had to put the difficulty down to Professional though as World Class was frustrating me a little. Will certainly go back up once I'm used to it all again.

Last edited:
Thanks Scorpio for info. Im really glad to hear that, today i ordered it through origin in english ver. What i do on world class using milan is just insane. I love this game and i play all my free time. Just cant wait. Tell me guys u also cant download it yet by origin we need to wait till the release day? when will it come? i thought that it will be possible to download it and then wait...

Back
Top Bottom