FIFA 13

People being turned off because its not a simulation are cutting their noses off quite frankly.

None of the games i would call simulation. They just wont cater for that market, unless another publisher brings out their own simulation based football game.

I dont see why in future more sliders cant be added to make it more simulation based, but simulation doesnt appeal to the masses or the everyday casual joe who like footy but isnt diehard. Thats the battle you face.

So if i were you guys i'd try to embrace it and make the best with. The options otherwise are limited.

No. It's what we've said before, about defenders away from the ball being too passive (mentioned on pages 46 & 48 of this thread).

The only thing you can do is make them play more compact so the spaces between them are smaller. And they are quite good now at blocking passes that travel near them, which at least is an improvement over 12.

Too bad, that means there is no real midfield-play and things happen only end to end. Maybe the final version will offer something different regarding midfield-play.

If not then EA should make it a priority for Fifa 14, to make intelligent midfield-play possible that works together with defense and offense. And while they are at it, it is in this aspect that they can make teams play differently, cause there are a lot of ways how to organize midfield, defense and offense.

Otherwise, playing against the CPU could become boring.

Increasing the man marking slider makes their making a lot harder, including the midfield. If you compact the lines a bit too it helps, Calcio. See the slider thread for some good settings.

I love it when you time a slide tackle now. You can totally come away with the ball as well as smashing the opponent.

Does anyone even use l1..for super tight driblling?

IF so why? and when?

Never used it really before this demo. It did it once just in front of goal with Balotelli. It worked great in turning over defenders in small space and under pressure, and it let me fire off a shot at goal. First time I really have found the use for it, and it looked good! Its not something you use other than in the box is my opinion.

i did have crash in the middle of every second match :RANT: EA said it was because of custom keyboard issue they are trying to fix for the retail. I revert back default keyboard button. and no crash at all. Using gamepad will also be no problem according to them, but my xbox 360 controller is far away left at home :RANT: So cannot test it.

Anyway real-time physic engine:

YouTube - FIFA 13 impact engine bug

As usually :BRMM::BRMM::BRMM:

Oh FFS, just got the forced demo patch on Origin - my controller no longer works! The analog sticks don't do anything, and the half the buttons are wrong.

What did they do?

(it's a PS3 controller using Motionjoy's XBOX emulator, which worked fine til update)

I'm having serious frigging issues with this Demo. when Origin loads up PLAY/SETTINGS/EXIT If i click on SETTINGS it just goes back to FIFA 13 screen and the PLAY box is in a dull Orange colour. If i click on PLAY it loads but it's not top spec graphics and then it crashes. Can anyone help me with this? I have unistalled and re-installed demo and Origin.:RANT:

Fifa 13 demo downloads shatter records.2 million people have downloaded it by now.And also pre-orders in Europe up by 37% over FIFA 12, and 62% in North America.

What's everyone's verdict on player/team individuality, then? I'm definitely seeing an improvement in player individuality, both in how they feel and how the AI uses them, but teams overall feel a bit too similar still.

Back
Top Bottom