FIFA 13

Hey guys , Ive got a Problem with my gamepad (pc) ... My Right Stick Doesnt work at all ingame, Any issue for this ?!

I had this issue too - guessing you're using a PS3 controller and MotionJoy? If so, you have to go into the MotionJoy tool, and change the settings to the Xbox Emulator.

Solved it like a boss for me.

ALso how do u close control a lofted ball at pace...Know how the have big first touches if they connect with a long ball....is it possible to trap the ball close to you...what button is that?

When it comes to Football games, I have been solely playing FIFA since the ‘09 version onwards and even moved on to using Full Manual in 2011.

Whilst the new demo does improve in some good ways there are still a lot of things that have not improved or got as realistic as it could have been.

Player movement still too fast on Slow, they react too quick and feel like wasps on speed a lot of the time, the series now needs inertia, weight and foot planting.

The player models still look weird, everyone has sloping diagonal shoulders and I wonder why they can scan faces but not invest in scanning some body shapes and model based on that, it’s not rocket science surely.

The ball also never seems to slow up on the grass, seems to roll forever when you try to play something over the top or into space as it has done on last 4 FIFA’s I have played.

I still don’t think the CPU AI is fun to play against (I got bored with FIFA 12 AI quickly even though I played the game all year) and I’m not into FIFA for the online play which resembles nothing of Football when I have sampled it.

It is more akin to Speedball on the Amiga the way some of these kids play online, they don’t seem to care about recreating Football or using a Footballing brain, they use any style or formation to win.

So after buying the last 4 FIFA’s in a row at launch – I am going home to PES this year having not played the series properly since WE9, but I have hugely enjoyed playing Demo 1 and Demo 2 on Full manual settings and the game has a real freedom to play any style or way you choose.

PES2013 wont be perfect (no game is these days) but I feel this is the year I return to it and freshen up my Football videogame experience. I may buy FIFA 13 next year when cheap and had a good go on PES between now and then.

I will finish by saying that I am GENUINELY surprised that more people in this thread are not returning to PES this year – I thought the game had come on and done enough to maybe get a lot of the old hardcore fans back this year.

Especially some of the long standing members Chris Davies or Jack Bauer as he once was known, Kevano, Shooto, hitman, brunnoce, PLF, Scorpio & Placebo and others. I always look out for your posts and opinions on both games with interest.

Perhaps PES2014 on the new Fox Engine technology may be the moment more of the old fanbase return.

Anyway, we all have 2 good Football games to choose from this year which hasn’t always been the case in years past. Some will even buy and enjoy both side by side.

Thanks for reading.

When it comes to Football games, I have been solely playing FIFA since the ‘09 version onwards and even moved on to using Full Manual in 2011.

Whilst the new demo does improve in some good ways there are still a lot of things that have not improved or got as realistic as it could have been.

Player movement still too fast on Slow, they react too quick and feel like wasps on speed a lot of the time, the series now needs inertia, weight and foot planting.

The player models still look weird, everyone has sloping diagonal shoulders and I wonder why they can scan faces but not invest in scanning some body shapes and model based on that, it’s not rocket science surely.

The ball also never seems to slow up on the grass, seems to roll forever when you try to play something over the top or into space as it has done on last 4 FIFA’s I have played.

I still don’t think the CPU AI is fun to play against (I got bored with FIFA 12 AI quickly even though I played the game all year) and I’m not into FIFA for the online play which resembles nothing of Football when I have sampled it.

It is more akin to Speedball on the Amiga the way some of these kids play online, they don’t seem to care about recreating Football or using a Footballing brain, they use any style or formation to win.

So after buying the last 4 FIFA’s in a row at launch – I am going home to PES this year having not played the series properly since WE9, but I have hugely enjoyed playing Demo 1 and Demo 2 on Full manual settings and the game has a real freedom to play any style or way you choose.

PES2013 wont be perfect (no game is these days) but I feel this is the year I return to it and freshen up my Football videogame experience. I may buy FIFA 13 next year when cheap and had a good go on PES between now and then.

I will finish by saying that I am GENUINELY surprised that more people in this thread are not returning to PES this year – I thought the game had come on and done enough to maybe get a lot of the old hardcore fans back this year.

Especially some of the long standing members Chris Davies or Jack Bauer as he once was known, Kevano, Shooto, hitman, brunnoce, PLF, Scorpio & Placebo and others. I always look out for your posts and opinions on both games with interest.

Perhaps PES2014 on the new Fox Engine technology may be the moment more of the old fanbase return.

Anyway, we all have 2 good Football games to choose from this year which hasn’t always been the case in years past. Some will even buy and enjoy both side by side.

Thanks for reading.

I agree a lot with that....I will prob get fifa for online play though but I dont think i can bare to do another career mode with every game so reptitive

I personally don't mind Camp Nou not being in the game. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer if they were but it's a f'n stadium after all. I can see how it's a BIG deal for Barca fans world wide who only use their own team but for a guy like me who plays with ALL teams and I mean literally almost every single team at all levels, it's just a stadium.

The fact that NAPOLI are apparently not in the game though, that's HUGE! A great team with many attractive players and nice style and that's a TEAM missing not a stadium.

So what's the deal there? Why did this happen? Are the kits not in or the team altogether? What happens to players like Cavani and Hamsik then? Or Serie A? With one less team?

Seems your prayers have been heard Sina... some Napoli director tweeted today saying they renewed their license with FIFA13.... plp are speculating that there will be a post release patch with Napoli kit and badge (like Chile in WC2010) :D

Link:
https://twitter.com/LDLSSCN/status/246172086966571008

About the patch i just read on the EA foruns, someguy posted that a producer mentioned, but i couldnt find the source.

Thanks for reading.

Nice post, man. For the first time on this generation, i can see myself playing PES. It wasnt playable for me up till now. I enjoyed, specially demo 2, and I like the effort they are putting on it, covering football aspects that i find essential to be more than a pick up game. In the other hand, FIFA, despite lacking in almost everything i want in a football game, has a mode like Clubs, that btw is very primitive, poorly developed & harnessed, among other things, but that catches my attention. I think next year will be very good regarding football games. :)

Last edited:
Nice post, man. For the first time on this generation, i can see myself playing PES. It wasnt playable for me up till now. I enjoyed, specially demo 2, and I like the effort they are putting on it, covering football aspects that i find essential to be more than a pick up game. In the other hand, FIFA, despite lacking in almost everything i want in a football game, has a mode like Clubs, that btw is very primitive, poorly developed & harnessed, among other things, but that catches my attention. I think next year will be very good regarding football games. :)

dont want to speak for the members mentioned in the post, but im guessing they like fifa for many reasons, some of the main ones being, is that the CM mode does resemble football manager in many aspects. While PES master league has a lot to be desired in that respect. The CM aspects of fifa are brilliant and all the leagues and divisions have a lot going for it. Gameplay is really an opinion based decision, cant fault anyone for that. But its hard to argue if your looking for a management simulation with the ability to actually play the game, fifa is certainly the best for this. I love playing master league, but i do not care for improving my players or doing loans, scouting, training, etc... so in that sense im not missing the things fifa has to offer. My situation is unique in that I never play games unless i have a friend and we play 2 vs cpu. My friends typically don't want to sit there and watch me make all of these mgmt decisions. I think everyone needs to be happy that finally, both crowds will be satisified with there respective games this year. HAIL TO THE KINGS!!

I tried the demo (demo 1), as always. It had some nice things, but I nearly fell asleep while having 60+% possession and tackling CPU dribblers with barely any effort.

Playing vs Legendary really keeps me on my toes and I get satisfaction from achieving something against it. I don't know why Konami never make their highest difficulty actually worthy of the name.

As always, each series does some things better and some things worse. PES has yet to do enough to tempt me back.

You know regarding the fast game speed. I think it's because the CPU plays so fast by default. They do not stop. Is this the norm with lower speed games? It's a bit overwhelming and silly the speed that they play at for the whole 90 minutes.

I tried the demo (demo 1), as always. It had some nice things, but I nearly fell asleep while having 60+% possession and tackling CPU dribblers with barely any effort.

Playing vs Legendary really keeps me on my toes and I get satisfaction from achieving something against it. I don't know why Konami never make their highest difficulty actually worthy of the name.

As always, each series does some things better and some things worse. PES has yet to do enough to tempt me back.

That is so different from my experience weird. FIFA is so easy to me in Manual and legendary. I barely lose. In PES I end up losing very often, mostly on counters, granted, and the defensive work from most teams is excellent on PES.

I just dont think Pes is on par at all. I mean people talk about being tempted back...? by what? because it can suddenly do things that fifa could for so long?

You can have all the tactical brilliance in the world, in a game, or the individuality everyone bangs on about (didnt see it in demo 2 mind, Ronaldo cant even outpace his man) but that all falls down like a house of cards when you see it in motion. Its clunky, rigid and feels on rails. The PS2 versions are still better than it.

And ill never get my head around that fact, that a last generation console practically nailed it but they couldnt make the step up.

Problem with Gamepad Solved Tanx ;)

As I play with Juve my biggest concern is that i really can't play like real juve on the pitch , with the Default 3-5-2 of Juve I can't hold the ball with midfielders for long cuz other players wont support the player with the ball :((
I donnow why but pirlo for me is not even useful :( anyone knows how i should handle this ?!

That is so different from my experience weird. FIFA is so easy to me in Manual and legendary. I barely lose. In PES I end up losing very often, mostly on counters, granted, and the defensive work from most teams is excellent on PES.

It's reversed for me I always win in PES and Lose most of the games i play in FIFA

I just dont think Pes is on par at all. I mean people talk about being tempted back...? by what? because it can suddenly do things that fifa could for so long?

You can have all the tactical brilliance in the world, in a game, or the individuality everyone bangs on about (didnt see it in demo 2 mind, Ronaldo cant even outpace his man) but that all falls down like a house of cards when you see it in motion. Its clunky, rigid and feels on rails. The PS2 versions are still better than it.

And ill never get my head around that fact, that a last generation console practically nailed it but they couldnt make the step up.

you and me both, i went from fifa 13 to pes and it fell terrible, my main annoyance apart from the rails and the awful keepers is the ball doesnt roll properly when dribbling it kind of snaps back to the players foot as though it isn't "free". With FIFA its on its own and feels like it can pop up anywhere..kind of like a ball does :)..oh and don't my started on the perfect AI through balls

you and me both, i went from fifa 13 to pes and it fell terrible, my main annoyance apart from the rails and the awful keepers is the ball doesnt roll properly when dribbling it kind of snaps back to the players foot as though it isn't "free". With FIFA its on its own and feels like it can pop up anywhere..kind of like a ball does :)..oh and don't my started on the perfect AI through balls

Agree mate. And the sad fact is i miss a decent Pes. I used to get it imported especially on my jap console so i could get it months early.

Its a travesty, it really is. The world needs two decent footy titles, we've never had that. On ps2 it was Pes and fifa was a load of old garbage, and now its the reverse.

Unless of course Pes 2013 when released is a more refined version of demo 1.

But i doubt it (sigh)

Interestingly, I am GENUINELY surprised that so many people consider this year's PES to be as good as the hype surrounding it.

Each year I give PES a go, hoping that it will pull me in like it once did. Unfortunately, I find that it feels light-years behind FIFA and I can barely make it through a single match before turning it off.

I'll be giving it a total pass this year and just wait until they move to a new engine next year to see if Konami again can put out a top-quality product.

Just goes to show how varied everyone's preferences and perceptions are.

Been playing a few games on 6min halfs and lovign it so much fun...very random as well lots of random moments and loose balls, bad touches etc..manual allows some amazing passes also. Dont know if full game will be as varied game to game but this would say it will be...no longer same game game after game...And the first touch allows some amazing goals..which i will upload shortly.

Also CPu doing varied moves and attacks

Also socred a dipping FK...I have never scored a FK in fifa 12 in a whole year...apart from finesse ones...Well i just tried my first fifa 13 fk and BOOM i scored...I never knew about dip or if it was in fifa 12 but it makes it much easier gonna upload it in a minute and u can all see!!!

Last edited:
Been playing a few games on 6min halfs and lovign it so much fun...very random as well lots of random moments and loose balls, bad touches etc..manual allows some amazing passes also. Dont know if full game will be as varied game to game but this would say it will be...no longer same game game after game...And the first touch allows some amazing goals..which i will upload shortly.

Also CPu doing varied moves and attacks

Also socred a dipping FK...I have never scored a FK in fifa 12 in a whole year...apart from finesse ones...Well i just tried my first fifa 13 fk and BOOM i scored...I never knew about dip or if it was in fifa 12 but it makes it much easier gonna upload it in a minute and u can all see!!!

Look forward to it mate i scored a few freekicks on fifa 12. But havent scored any yet on fifa 13.

Wow that sucks. I used to love playing with Napoli in fifa 12.

Yeah same and I know we aren't the only ones.

And it's not just about playing with them. I guess having no Napoli or Torino there, Serie A just isn't the same. I guess that's one league I won't be doing a CM mode in unless things are fixed up.

What a shame.

Transfer them from their national team to the free transfer list before starting a new CM (or presumably there'll be generic teams for the unlicensed Napoli/Torino so put them in there).

Yeah probably what I'll do but that sucks. Can you imagine all those amazing players being snapped up left right and center by all clubs and being 'Free agents'! It will change dynamic of each team/league I play in.

Cavani, Hamsik, Maggio, Zuniga, De Sanctis,etc. all those players on a free is a dream for some club!

Seems your prayers have been heard Sina... some Napoli director tweeted today saying they renewed their license with FIFA13.... plp are speculating that there will be a post release patch with Napoli kit and badge (like Chile in WC2010) :D

Link:
https://twitter.com/LDLSSCN/status/246172086966571008

About the patch i just read on the EA foruns, someguy posted that a producer mentioned, but i couldnt find the source.

Thanks for the info bro! That sounds somewhat promising at least. Keep us updated if you hear anything more.

I hope they release a patch which fixes Napoli.

I've tried and tried again to get into it. It's not happening.

There is so much CPU BS on World Class and Legendary, makes it unplayable. I seem to remember the FIFA 12 demo was exactly the same.

EVERY attack the CPU has, no matter how or where they get the ball, they can pass their way out. They NEVER hoof it, they NEVER attempt to clear it long to anyone. They do their crappy turns and moves super quick and pass pass pass every time, with a 99% hit rate.

I seriously hope this is changed for the final game, otherwise playing against the CPU is a no no.

I've played FIFA 12 off line and on line all year...hoping I can with FIFA 13.

I love how the players feel, the things we can do and how the ball reacts. I just can't play with god awful CPU.

Back
Top Bottom