FIFA 13

:OOOH: I am playing it on PC, slow speed, turn down the sprint slider to 43 and pass speed to 45 but still find the game fast compared PES 0 gamespeed.

Now in PS3 is faster than PC ? :SHOCK:

It may be partially due to my TV, but yeah, it feels like PC version is slightly more balanced in terms of speed and overall game flow, or maybe it's just me.

So I've given fifa13 demo (ps3) a proper hammering. Here's my thoughts so far;

Game speed seems way too fast, even on slow setting. This seems to be a trend with the demo versions so fingers crossed final retail version will be 'reigned' in. Still a long standing problem I have with Fifa is the way players like Pirlo can't influence the game from the centre of the park. These type of players are the puppet masters, pulling the strings, but in Fifa I just don't get that feeling. They may as well just be another player. As much as I try to slow the play and ping the passes it just doesn't give me that sensation I'm after.*

Liking the new 1st touch system. Having all very highly rated teams in the demo you don't get to see what this system plays like across the whole range of teams/divisions. I like the 'unpredictability' it brings to the game. And as a defender you can get some great timed slide tackles in if the attacker takes a 'Gervinho'. If anything I still think the 1st touch error could be increased as I'm seeing a lot of scenarios where balls are brought down by players as if they was a love child of Pele and Messi.

Yeeeessss!!! The CPU shoot from long range. Finally, after all these years, it's in. And it looks fantastic and the range of shots I've seen them take is impressive. Keeps you on your toes. And again introduces unpredictability into the game.*
The 'telepathic' 'superhuman' reactions of the CPU is still grating with me. Again this is something that's been in Fifa for a while and it's a big frustration of mine. And 1 of the reasons I find playing the CPU so frustrating. They seem to twist and turn on a sixpence where as you can't.*

I'm still not seeing any real variation in team styles and player personalities. But this is always hard to judge in the demo codes due to the lack of teams and the fact they are all of a similar rating. This is a deal breaker for me as far as Career Mode is concerned. For all the progress CM has made unless we have a variation in team player styles and tactics the mode will fail, for me anyhow. I want to have to really think about what tactics to adopt for the upcoming game and what changes of personnel are needed to beat the opposition. As is, doesn't really make a difference. And that brings me to my next point, Team Management. OMFG! How has this been left in this state for yet another year? A major fubar. It's outdated, clunky, ugly. It's a massive pus filled boil on the pretty Fifa face. Whoever's decision it was to skip the badly needed overhaul of this part if the game needs a cat-o-nine tails taken to their posterior. Makes me want to scream everytime I see it on my TV. Agghh! Totally baffled why it's still the same.

Onto a positive, loving the 'matchday' presentation. From the commentary, from the stewards/policeman, to the correlation to real world events. It's stunning. I love all that.

Impact engine clearly is working a lot better, refs still seem biased towards the CPU, still can't get my keeper red carded even though the decisions clear cut, loving quick free kicks and throw ins, feels very polished. I'm sure there's more that I'll think of and will witness with more time. Again, like every year I'm bemused as to why EA give us such short halves. It does the game no favours.*

And the much talked about 'skating' seems worse to me in 13 than any other release.*

Overall, if I'm honest, I was hoping for a bit more of a leap this year. Yes it plays better, of course it does but, like the iPhone, it just feels more of a little update. Maybe that's how it should be, but the game is becoming stale with me. I've played less Fifa12 than any other Fifa or footie game I've ever purchased. I shall be buying Fifa13 but how long before its gathering dust is a big question mark. The same fundamental gripes I have with the franchise are still there. They've not been addressed. And I'm losing faith as to if they ever will be. Not sure EA share my vision.*

Last edited by a moderator:
A few people got to play the final version of FIFA 13 in Sydney, Australia today. They've told me that the game speed is much slower than the demo, that the skill dribble massive speed boost you can get in FIFA 12 and sometimes in the demo of FIFA 13 isn't there. That Messi is still too weak among other things.

I've got the overall/final player ratings for Arsenil/PSG if anyone wants them.

Didn't enjoy this much at all.

It still has the "bouncey" players and I noticed something has slipped back in that had been removed - that moment when the CPU decides it WILL score and keeps hold of the ball no matter what you do. It dribbles from your 6 yard box, all the way to the touchline, does a couple of turns, plays it back, first time cross, goal (or at least effort on target).

And the keepers are in the main incredible but they still have that inability to deal with slow-ish shots hit across the ground from 22 yards that I've been bothered by for years.

I'll be playing the full retail game this saturday, all day long in Germany. It's community day for the european EA database editors in Köln. Have to drive three hours for it, but that's a small price to pay. I'll post my opinions here the day after. ;)

Really enjoying the demo. I have 3 small issues though:

- Pace is a bit too fast.
- The gameplay is very end to end, like PES, with a lack of midfield tussles.
- The players and the ball still feel a bit light.

Best FIFA yet though:))

Regarding the replays:

In Fifa 12 I often found shots on woodwork to be omitted from the replays. I have yet to see this in the demo, but haven't played that many games. Have anyone noticed, or missed a replay?

Is this new..but in the free kicks...maybesots as well aitn tried:

IF you hold down he blasts it high,,,must be kicking under the ball

If you hold up (this is beast!!) he puts mad top spin on it....You can actually smash near full power and hold down, the ball will go flying up over the wall and then dip like mad into net even into bottom of net like...

/\

right up then down!!! i never notice beign able to do this on fifa12

I dont know if it works for normal shots as well just noticed in free kicks in arena...the dip is OTT but cool

Is precicsion dribbling l1 or l2?

Whats difference between l1 and l2?

l1 is super close control? I have never seen the point in it tbh, doenst do much

Is this new..but in the free kicks...maybesots as well aitn tried:

IF you hold down he blasts it high,,,must be kicking under the ball

If you hold up (this is beast!!) he puts mad top spin on it....You can actually smash near full power and hold down, the ball will go flying up over the wall and then dip like mad into net even into bottom of net like...

/\

right up then down!!! i never notice beign able to do this on fifa12

I dont know if it works for normal shots as well just noticed in free kicks in arena...the dip is OTT but cool

You've been able to do this for a long time now, up is topspin. You can also curl it pretty decent with left or right on the stick when your meter fills up. It's good for corners aswell, just aim towards the keeper and when your meter fills up (about three bars) aim away from the keeper. You can bang in some nice headers this way. ;)

Last edited:
Watched some Fifa 13-demo-videos. What seems to be lacking besides a better inertia/momentum-model, tactical depth and more individuality is it seems a sense of urgency in animation and a sort of anticipation by the CPU. In certain situations I would expect a sped-up animation or that the CPU anticipates something and moves with urgency to intercept a ball that will probably be played...

I'll be playing the full retail game this saturday, all day long in Germany. It's community day for the european EA database editors in Köln. Have to drive three hours for it, but that's a small price to pay. I'll post my opinions here the day after. ;)

Can u check the grass for me.In the demo,grass looks pretty good for me but ı've seen youtuber's videos which was played with prome version and grass looks worse..

I've found Yaya Toure to be an absolute beast, can't remember the last time I played a football game and a player stood out so much.

fifa 13 demo = much, much better than fifa 12 full game in all aspects.

and this demo is another proof how bad was fifa 12 after excellent fifa 11 pc.

That's awesome! :)

Glad to hear bud. Have fun.

Sorry if I've missed it but..

Anybody know how they intend to carry the EASFC (what ever they're called) across from 12 to 13?

Because if as expected it's 1 exp = 1 EASFC thing, then I have the 10k free from amazon and 263,415 carrying from 12, it seems a bit excessive IMO..

I personally don't mind Camp Nou not being in the game. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer if they were but it's a f'n stadium after all. I can see how it's a BIG deal for Barca fans world wide who only use their own team but for a guy like me who plays with ALL teams and I mean literally almost every single team at all levels, it's just a stadium.

The fact that NAPOLI are apparently not in the game though, that's HUGE! A great team with many attractive players and nice style and that's a TEAM missing not a stadium.

So what's the deal there? Why did this happen? Are the kits not in or the team altogether? What happens to players like Cavani and Hamsik then? Or Serie A? With one less team?

I personally don't mind Camp Nou not being in the game. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer if they were but it's a f'n stadium after all. I can see how it's a BIG deal for Barca fans world wide who only use their own team but for a guy like me who plays with ALL teams and I mean literally almost every single team at all levels, it's just a stadium.

The fact that NAPOLI are apparently not in the game though, that's HUGE! A great team with many attractive players and nice style and that's a TEAM missing not a stadium.

So what's the deal there? Why did this happen? Are the kits not in or the team altogether? What happens to players like Cavani and Hamsik then? Or Serie A? With one less team?

PES is snatching up agreements left right and centre, EA has a stranglehold on the EPL/Bundesliga and for once PES is using their brains to tie up other available league licenses be that stadiums/teams or whatever else FIFA doesn't have a stranglehold on.

Back
Top Bottom