FIFA 13

The PC version "felt" better. No idea why, maybe the way it looks. I prefer the PC graphics over 360.

You don't say! Hm...I wonder why? Maybe it's cause PC is 1080p, High, 60fps and 4xAA vs 720p, Low, 30fps and 2xAA (or no AA?).

Also the bad player switching has been there, like you said, since 08. They never said they fixed it, so not a surprise really that it's still shite. The only way to make them fix it is to moan and moan on the official forums, twitter, etc.

Last edited:
I maxxed it out on PC and still felt the 360 version looked better, for some reason the colours and graphics just seemed really flat on PC, not sure why?

Using a different monitor/screen for the PC ? As I feel my PC absolutely destroys the 360 version (Graphics + Colour) representation but that also has to do with my less than top quality TV and running the 360 version through component, rather than VGA or HDMI.

I maxxed it out on PC and still felt the 360 version looked better, for some reason the colours and graphics just seemed really flat on PC, not sure why?

Hm...I can't even look at 360 and PS3 versions anymore after PC. Maybe something to do with your TV settings? Contrast/saturation/etc?

PC is on a 22" acer monitor, 360 is on a 120" projector screen, I'll try running the PC version through to the projector once there's a proper working extender available and see if how it compares to the 360 version, maybe there'll be an extender with some higher graphic tweaks available? Surprised at how limited the PC graphic options were.

PC is on a 22" acer monitor, 360 is on a 120" projector screen, I'll try running the PC version through to the projector once there's a proper working extender available and see if how it compares to the 360 version, maybe there'll be an extender with some higher graphic tweaks available? Surprised at how limited the PC graphic options were.

Yep, developers these days (except for some indie ones) are not giving too much crap about us PC players. Most games are direct ports with minimal tweaks done to the game. Although now that the current (or should I say last) gen consoles are waaaay outdated, they've thrown us a bone here and there (BF3, current-gen engine on FIFA PC).

My feeling is that manual is the same (or almost the same) as last year. What do you feel is different?

Very assisted mate. I was always good with manual passing, modesty aside, but now i can ping pong 50 passes without missing one. Just testing it now. Big difference.

Yep, developers these days (except for some indie ones) are not giving too much crap about us PC players. Most games are direct ports with minimal tweaks done to the game. Although now that the current (or should I say last) gen consoles are waaaay outdated, they've thrown us a bone here and there (BF3, current-gen engine on FIFA PC).

I was extremely impressed with what the Sleeping Dogs devs did for the PC version, game looked great and had lots of options for tweaking the visuals.

Well ive only managed 3 goals from open play on full manual on professional. Although the halves are short its really tough to score, i love it. And manual crossing is much improved now, you can actually direct in some nice crosses.

ive seen some beautiful long range shots and ive hit a few screamers wide.

I also like the way the cpu when chipping a through ball actually does it into space rather than straight to the feet like it used to. Robihno went through on goal and did a beautiful dink over hart but i managed to get back and boot it away.

For the first time i may buy season ticket to play it early - ITS THAT GOOD.

As for Pes, well those that think its better than Fifa, are sadly deluded. Now i dont say this to flame, because for me Demo 1 was really nice, and i thought it was well on its way to something that we know and love. Sadly Demo 2 crushed those dreams for me and FIfa has blown me away.

Anyone who doesnt try and play and learn this game (on manual) for me is sadly missing out.

Very assisted mate. I was always good with manual passing, modesty aside, but now i can ping pong 50 passes without missing one. Just testing it now. Big difference.

Hm...maybe a bit more, yeah. I think they're trying to make it like PES, where there is no manual settings really and everything is "assisted" or rather affected by player attributes. Here I think it's similar - all these players have a relatively high passing skill, so your pass direction error margin is higher than with some lower-tier players. At least that's my feeling.

Ramp up the pass error on the sliders.

Also remember you are playing with some of the cream of the crop teams.

Yeah that'll probably be why, I just used my 360 on my PC monitor :CONFUSE: night and day difference to using it on my crappy monitor. Still not as good visually but it's more than acceptable to what I get normally.

Ramp up the pass error on the sliders.

Also remember you are playing with some of the cream of the crop teams.

Sliders are pointless, since they dont work online. Thats no excuse, they are clearly making it less manual gradually, year after year. Whats the point? Making semi players feel better playing manual?

Just for shits and giggles decided to see how much fps I can get with FIFA 13 maxed out if I disable vsync. I'm getting around 450-600 fps! So if consoles are barely putting out 30-60 fps on low settings, you can see how far behind consoles really are and how much better FIFA could look, given the higher lowest common denominator.

FIFA 13 is a good game, it is a improved version of FIFA 12, which might be something good. Well, it would be good, if they get rid of the bad things from last year. But no.
I mean, there are some good points, presentation, shooting, the dynamic first touch and the CPU trying from outside the box more often. But the negative points is what kills the game for me.
I can't stand one more year with my defenders just watching the CPU playing around... or worse, watching those little crosses inside the box, as they were catching butterflies in the park, you know... looks like they don't give a fuck about what is going on the game. :LOL:
No midfield game, just box-to-box action... no individualities... all that stuff you already know. I also find the player switching a bit broken this year.
Well, it's a demo version. Maybe some points can be fixed, probably not.
It's still a good game, though. Some tweaks here and there, especially on defensive aspects, would be welcome.

Anyone got a slider set worth trying? I have played 1 game on the demo. Put it straight onto Legendary and even though I had 60% possession, the AI scored 3 goals from the keeper parrying shots back to the 6 yard box.

Noticed some first touch errors but at this stage it looked more visual than gameplay related. But I'm only 1 game in to be fair.

With sliders at default it still appears that you can pass the ball around at will. Yes, you're meant to have some time on the ball but the AI should press you in certain parts of the field a bit more.

Crossing felt nice and free kicks in the training mode felt better than previously. The physics felt a bit more natural.

Must play more games to get a better impression though.

Anyone got a slider set worth trying? I have played 1 game on the demo. Put it straight onto Legendary and even though I had 60% possession, the AI scored 3 goals from the keeper parrying shots back to the 6 yard box.

Noticed some first touch errors but at this stage it looked more visual than gameplay related. But I'm only 1 game in to be fair.

With sliders at default it still appears that you can pass the ball around at will. Yes, you're meant to have some time on the ball but the AI should press you in certain parts of the field a bit more.

Crossing felt nice and free kicks in the training mode felt better than previously. The physics felt a bit more natural.

Must play more games to get a better impression though.

Play more games and play against different teams to get a better impression. Dortmund is the only team in the demo that I felt pressed really high. You should feel like you have less time on the ball before having to pass when playing them.

The AI does get crazy aggressive with pressing when down a goal or two late in the game. This tactical change happens around the 80th minute (like FIFA 12 and previous) but is far more jarring in FIFA 13 than before... You really have to move the ball around quickly or the AI will take the ball right off you with pressure. It does open the AI up for counter attack goals, once you get the hang of getting out of the high pressure.

It makes holding on to the lead at the end of games very fun, and I hope there is a way to increase the AIs pressure a bit more during the first 80 minutes.

I remember when i do one-two and not giving back the ball to 1st player, he is going to run until opponent's last defensive line even if it's done from my own half :CONFUSE: Anybody experience this ?

Just played FIFA 12 Arsenal-Juve at Etihad Stadium and then the same at FIFA 13 to see how the differ right here, right now.

Both were at normal speed. FIFA 13 is definitely faster. Hopefully it's toned down.

Otherwise everything is very positive and prevents me from enjoying FIFA 12:
- First touch is very noticeable (when I first played 13, seemed more subtle)
- Graphics are better, which is a surprise, I thought they were roughly the same.
- Lots more new animations, I especially like new goalie animations
- Much better Impact Engine, but I hope it gets even better for final release
- Attacking AI is noticeable
- Refs are a bit better. I think it also depends on the ref too, cause some of the refs in 13 do whistle quite a lot of fouls, while others are not so whistle-happy so to speak. In 12 they were all mostly passive.
- Variety of goals has improved.

Anyway, I can't wait for the final release. Too bad PC does not get season ticket otherwise I'd be playing it in just over a week. I don't think I can keep playing the demo for 2 weeks straight, neither can I go back to 12...

yea well iv had them dnt know about anyone else m8

no offence but this is a fifa 13 thread and not a pes 13 wanna talk about pes go to the right thread just saying

try a wired xbox 360 pad m8 works a treat

just relised wat i put mate lol iv edited it

Would really appreciate it if you do us all a favour and use Punctuation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Also no "txt spk" please.

Anyway, about the demo, anyone has any confirmation the retail version would be slower? I play my games on slow but in this demo it's crazy fast it's doing my head in!

A couple of frustrating things I have noticed, keeper parrying happens two often and 9 times out of 10 goes to the opposition player that always can header it into the goal from the rebound.

Also opposition players read too easily how you are going to tackle them and do ridiculous turns/manouvres to evade you. Lastly computer does too many tricks, especially the the spin trick, which is very annoying.

Just thought I would post some negative as I have been too positive :))

Still enjoying it a lot, but it is obviously far from perfect.

A couple of frustrating things I have noticed, keeper parrying happens two often and 9 times out of 10 goes to the opposition player that always can header it into the goal from the rebound.

Also opposition players read too easily how you are going to tackle them and do ridiculous turns/manouvres to evade you. Lastly computer does too many tricks, especially the the spin trick, which is very annoying.

Just thought I would post some negative as I have been too positive :))

Still enjoying it a lot, but it is obviously far from perfect.

i haven't seen this but doesn't increasing the GK sliders make them parry less?

Anyway, about the demo, anyone has any confirmation the retail version would be slower? I play my games on slow but in this demo it's crazy fast it's doing my head in!

Only going off word of mouth and comments posted in threads like this mate. It's apparently a 2 month old build and the final retail will be slowed down. I'm not sure it's been confirmed by EA in that respect.

Back
Top Bottom