FIFA 13

I think I read somewhere that the crashes some of the PC players are getting are actually related to the use of a keyboard to play.

Are you playing with the keyboard TjaardA?

No problems at all here (except the lack of proper optimisation for older PCs), using an Xbox 360 controller for Windows

I press play. The game starts but after I choose my language it just crashes.

Yeah they foul you enough. I was worried about that too but having played the demo enough now, I no longer am. :)

In terms of single player I think PES 2013 is way better. You can´t feel that you are playing versus RAYO VALLECANO for example in FIFA 13 because all teams play the same way but, believe me, in PES 2013 if you play with BARCELONA versus ZARAGOZA there´s a difference that is not in FIFA 13 or 12, so its AI is limited for this reason, and therefore, the game play is quite different in every match yopu play.

Thats my main issue on the pes vs fifa dabte

Even in old pes when u played real madrid u could feel it and when u played like tenerife you could feel it...The individual players and team as a whole are so different. IN FIFA only difference is not in the way the team plays but when ROnaldo shoots with CPU he is more likely to get on target and score than Joe Bloggs for Tenerife etc....

Game after game same thing on career mode gets boting on fifa

why release 3min demo whats the purpose makes no sense to me

I'd imagine it's simply a basic strategy of doing the bare minimum to wet the appetite and nothing more. Because when you're the most popular sports franchise in the world and your sales numbers are in the bazillions, there's little reason to do more.

When you're trying to win back fans, that's when you gotta work harder and be more creative, which is what Konami is doing.

Sucks if you just want to play a darn match with 10 min halves, but it is what it is.

They're still fouling less than I like, but definitely more than in 12 (where there was pretty much none...).

Still seems for the most part dribbling related, though. If you're not a dribbling, tricks type of a player, you probably won't be drawing many fouls.

What I still don't get is why there's no foul frequency sliders...

Thats my main issue on the pes vs fifa dabte

Even in old pes when u played real madrid u could feel it and when u played like tenerife you could feel it...The individual players and team as a whole are so different. IN FIFA only difference is not in the way the team plays but when ROnaldo shoots with CPU he is more likely to get on target and score than Joe Bloggs for Tenerife etc....

Game after game same thing on career mode gets boting on fifa

This. A million times this.

I think I'm objective, have played both games for aeons - FIFA's engine is simply better. PES, even the latest one, still feels on rails at least once every 30 seconds or so - FIFA feels 'free'.

But.

In PES if you're getting beat and you change tactics, it makes a difference. Similarly, the CPU will be at least somewhat intelligent with their tactics if you're winning/losing and so forth. FIFA just feels the same. Every match.

In fact, historically in career mode the better teams are usually the easier matches. I think that the 'cheat' or 'boost' given to small teams was too high. I'd have harder Carling Cup matches at home to 2nd division teams than away to City.

The only really interesting aspects of Career Mode are player acquisition/development and playing the actual game on the pitch. In FIFA's career mode I didn't have to think about who I was playing next. Stoke away? Barca? No difference. Doesn't matter if I pick more mobile, nippy midfielders versus pushing a CB into DMF to battle the high ball. Nothing.

It doesn't surprise me because EA Sports want you to play online. So it's not in their interest to make an interesting offline CPU challenge.

This. A million times this.

I think I'm objective, have played both games for aeons - FIFA's engine is simply better. PES, even the latest one, still feels on rails at least once every 30 seconds or so - FIFA feels 'free'.

But.

In PES if you're getting beat and you change tactics, it makes a difference. Similarly, the CPU will be at least somewhat intelligent with their tactics if you're winning/losing and so forth. FIFA just feels the same. Every match.

In fact, historically in career mode the better teams are usually the easier matches. I think that the 'cheat' or 'boost' given to small teams was too high. I'd have harder Carling Cup matches at home to 2nd division teams than away to City.

The only really interesting aspects of Career Mode are player acquisition/development and playing the actual game on the pitch. In FIFA's career mode I didn't have to think about who I was playing next. Stoke away? Barca? No difference. Doesn't matter if I pick more mobile, nippy midfielders versus pushing a CB into DMF to battle the high ball. Nothing.

It doesn't surprise me because EA Sports want you to play online. So it's not in their interest to make an interesting offline CPU challenge.

Good points I agree with.

IDeally we have PES CPU AI on FIFA engine with career mode!!

Defo agree about change of tactics...I can fiddle about all i like on fifa but cant feel much difference.

In pes the diff between playing a 4-4-2 vs playing a 3-5-2 can change the outcome and play of the game completely u can really feel it!! Thats why I will play pes over fifa...I have resisted PES since pes 6 as the game was poor but pes 13 is a good game and as always has the better AI than fifa

Also in pes playing a fast forward and a strong striker to win high balls to counter vs madrid u can feel it work as a game plan etc...in fifa as u say dont matter who i play i dont need specific game plan just play same tactics every game

Last edited:
Good points I agree with.

IDeally we have PES CPU AI on FIFA engine with career mode!!

Defo agree about change of tactics...I can fiddle about all i like on fifa but cant feel much difference.

In pes the diff between playing a 4-4-2 vs playing a 3-5-2 can change the outcome and play of the game completely u can really feel it!! Thats why I will play pes over fifa...I have resisted PES since pes 6 as the game was poor but pes 13 is a good game and as always has the better AI than fifa

I guess no thoughts on changing your username to Fifa4lyfe, then?

I press play. The game starts but after I choose my language it just crashes.

Having the same problem. Tried everything, except for re-installing Windows and praying to Satan. Hope it will be fixed for the actual release.

However, since the game has been finally out on PSN for a couple of hours now, i've been able to play a couple of games and it looks like a polished FIFA 12 to me. Most of the huge problems have been fixed: impact engine toned down, manual controls are much sharper and predictable and Attacking A.I. looks very nice. On the other hand game speed seems a little too high (that may be the case of ps3, cos Fifa 12 seemed faster on that then PC), Defensive A.I. is still far from OK, although very much improved and harder to break down and of course the famous inertia/momentum issue (although players do seem heavier).

for people whos game is freezing

Some PC users are experiencing freezing issues while playing the FIFA 13 PC Demo with custom keyboard configurations. This issue will be resolved when the full game launches.

While we investigate, please use one of the preset keyboard configurations or a game-pad when playing the demo. Thanks for your patience and understanding, everyone!”

Having the same problem. Tried everything, except for re-installing Windows and praying to Satan. Hope it will be fixed for the actual release.

However, since the game has been finally out on PSN for a couple of hours now, i've been able to play a couple of games and it looks like a polished FIFA 12 to me. Most of the huge problems have been fixed: impact engine toned down, manual controls are much sharper and predictable and Attacking A.I. looks very nice. On the other hand game speed seems a little too high (that may be the case of ps3, cos Fifa 12 seemed faster on that then PC), Defensive A.I. is still far from OK, although very much improved and harder to break down and of course the famous inertia/momentum issue (although players do seem heavier).

Let's hope there will be more information regarding this problem. But I'm not going to reinstall my windows for this game... :TTTH:

@Bitter Rivals the problem is, I'm not using a keyboard to play this game.

I also played it on my PS3 and I like the first touch thingie they implemented. But we know that this already existed in PES for so long already. But hey, it's better now than never.

Do u think pes 2013 is better in all these areas?

Pes has much to improve in CPU AI as well, both are poor in this very important aspect, but I think PES does much better in compactness and pressure in the box.

In both games, CPU AI passing is "too" assisted, you feel that players don't have any effort to make a strong and quick pass in long distances (play Pes demo2 against Real Madrid and Fifa demo against Juventus), it always reachs the attack less than 1 secound and the ball hardly loose speed, but in this case Fifa is worse because of the fact that there's not that urgency, that reading by Ai of imminent dangerous situation in favor to the attack like in PES, where defenders close down the attacker that is going to recieve the ball close or even inside the big box, forcing them (the attakcer) to control the ball with their back at the goal, it seems that there's a little space avaliable in 1-1 betwen defender and attacker that is enough for the attacker to turn and shoot.

why release 3min demo whats the purpose makes no sense to me

To be absolutely honest with you I thought about that and conceded that it's because if it was say the default length of 5 minutes some people at EA might presume people would hold off buying the full version because the demo had enough content. Of course only a tiny, tiny majority would do it but I can imagine some kids out there doing it. EA want that kid to pester their parents to buy the full version of course. After all I did that all the time as a kid - replaying demos of sports games which had a lot of content.

I can't think of any other reason for it. Can you?

Last edited:
Pes has much to improve in CPU AI as well, both are poor in this very important aspect, but I think PES does much better in compactness and pressure in the box.

In both games, CPU AI passing is "too" assisted, you feel that players don't have any effort to make a strong and quick pass in long distances (play Pes demo2 against Real Madrid and Fifa demo against Juventus), it always reachs the attack less than 1 secound and the ball hardly loose speed, but in this case Fifa is worse because of the fact that there's not that urgency, that reading by Ai of imminent dangerous situation in favor to the attack like in PES, where defenders close down the attacker that is going to recieve the ball close or even inside the big box, forcing them (the attakcer) to control the ball with their back at the goal, it seems that there's a little space avaliable in 1-1 betwen defender and attacker that is enough for the attacker to turn and shoot.

yeh defo feel that pressure difference especially around the box

To be absolutely honest with you I thought about that and conceded that it's because if it was say the default length of 5 minutes some people at EA might presume people would hold off buying the full version because the demo had enough content. Of course only a tiny, tiny majority would do it but I can imagine some kids out there doing it. EA want that kid to pester their parents to buy the full version of course. After all I did that all the time as a kid - replaying demos of sports games which had a lot of content.

I can't think of any other reason for it. Can you?

SOunds about right tbh...poor kids just keep playing demo but not if only 3mins

I'm so tired of these ridiculous conspiracy theories that somehow FIFA has two completely different "physics systems" running at the same time, with one favoring the CPU/AI. Just stop it. It's the same things every year, whether it's FIFA or PES.

agreed.

It's scary how close they have gotten to deliver a truly outstanding game.Inertia is a big miss this year and also the tactical aspect of the football, specially defensively as defenders still give way too much space to attackers.There is no feeling as defending as a unit.
Other than that, it's a beautiful game.I like the first touch and new dribbling system without the tricks

The more I play it, the more I get frustrated.

Awful player switching, awful inability to change player when you pass to a different man the cpu thinks you're trying to play.

These things have been in the game since 08.

I felt that too

Not tried xbox since

I will own both this year.

Prob xbox for clubs with you lot and pc with clubs with pc players and head to head

Back
Top Bottom