FIFA 13

I changed my opinion, AI is still boring as hell to play against, it's a false challenge, boring Cpu assisted AI with manipulative ball physics to make passes almost uninterceptable, and cpu attacking Ai go in repetitive routs (against Juventus), completetly unbalanced playing in manual passing. Midfield still refuses to drop back the line in important situations, and there's not a realistic pressure inside the box that forces the attacking player to recieve the ball with their back to the opponent goal.

Do u think pes 2013 is better in all these areas?

I think we desperately need a settings save possibility, because I really can't be arsed to set up the game how I want every time I boot it up. Especially the sliders... :(

At least it's just another 2 weeks till the release.

Tried all manual on Professional difficulty and enjoying it even more. It definitely feels less "manual" than FIFA 12 did but gives me just the right amount of control without feeling too loose or too assisted. I need to put shooting back onto semi though, I'm not even getting close to the goal :LOL:

I think I read somewhere that the crashes some of the PC players are getting are actually related to the use of a keyboard to play.

Are you playing with the keyboard TjaardA?

No problems at all here (except the lack of proper optimisation for older PCs), using an Xbox 360 controller for Windows

its getting the usual slating in the PES forum...the urge to comment is killing me with comments like arcadey, pes is 100 times more real..It never used to be so narrow minded in there..MUST.NOT.BE.LABELLED.A.TROLL

Just like those who prefer PES might say not to judge PES on its default settings, this is an area in which EA are really hurting themselves by having 3 min halves in the demo - it speeds the game up in such a way that it brings out the worst, not the best.

So many of the criticisms I've been seeing in here - from player individuality, to variety in goals, to lack of midfield play - pop up every year with the demo and each year the final version is a substantial improvement in these areas once people are able to play with longer halves.

I think I read somewhere that the crashes some of the PC players are getting are actually related to the use of a keyboard to play.

No problems at all here (except the lack of proper optimisation for older PCs), using an Xbox 360 controller for Windows

Sometimes my 360 controller stops responding and I have to close the demo probably because I use it in fullscreen and then decide to open up web browsers etc so it goes all funny on me never happens in windowed mode.

im using a wired xbox 360 pad and having no problems at all mate

..., boring Cpu assisted AI with manipulative ball physics to make passes almost uninterceptable, ...

I'm so tired of these ridiculous conspiracy theories that somehow FIFA has two completely different "physics systems" running at the same time, with one favoring the CPU/AI. Just stop it. It's the same things every year, whether it's FIFA or PES.

Last edited:
I kinda agree with this...FIFA is a cool game but PES is real football.

FIFA feels dumbed down and individuality is not as good compared to PES. However, its still a good game

Thanks for you polite answer.
And by the way, for DUDUBR9 I agree, FIFA 13 at first sight may be "interesting" but , as the mistake I made last year buying it, after some matches, it´s boring and repetitive, not online, the game online is GREAT but no for a season offline.
PES 2013 offers a season complete offline with cahmpions league and europa league, ALL FOR REAL LIKE IN REAL FOOTBALL LIFE.
AI in PES 2013 is not repetitive and makes the game longs a whole season to enjoy. FIFA 13 in the middle of the REAL SEASON begins to get bored you till you give up.
I don´t like Cristiano Ronaldo so I´ll have to look for a different cover to change it when I buy the game.

Last edited:
I'm so tired of these ridiculous conspiracy theories that somehow FIFA has two completely different "physics systems" running at the same time, with one favoring the CPU/AI. Just stop it. It's the same things every year, whether it's FIFA or PES.

beat me to it Eaton mate every year its fifa is this pes is that lets just talk about fifa in general seeing as it is a fifa thread :))

Just like those who prefer PES might say not to judge PES on its default settings, this is an area in which EA are really hurting themselves by having 3 min halves in the demo - it speeds the game up in such a way that it brings out the worst, not the best.

So many of the criticisms I've been seeing in here - from player individuality, to variety in goals, to lack of midfield play - pop up every year with the demo and each year the final version is a substantial improvement in these areas once people are able to play with longer halves.

why release 3min demo whats the purpose makes no sense to me

Thanks for you polite answer.
And by the way, for DUDUBR9 I agree, FIFA 13 at first sight may be "interesting" but , as the mistake I made last year buying it, after some matches, it´s boring and repetitive, not online, the game online is GREAT but no for a season offline.
PES 2013 offers a season complete offline with cahmpions league and europa league, ALL FOR REAL LIKE IN REAL FOOTBALL LIFE.
AI in PES 2013 is not repetitive and makes the game longs a whole season to enjoy. FIFA 13 in the middle of the REAL SEASON begins to get bored you till you give up.
I don´t like Cristiano Ronaldo so I´ll have to look for a different cover to change it when I buy the game.

True in that fifa online is still a great game and with mates IMO.

BTW is pes less repitive in cpu ai for single player season....I have not played pes master league since pes5

The speed will be slower in the full release, the demo is a 2 month old build, theres a guy on the fifa forums who has the beta and he said UT is slower than the demo is, and UT is always faster than the main game.

zzzz

Does pc player with demo extender counts ?

Anyway, there is few niggle with this impact engine. This so-called real-time physic still has that weird stuff which ruin fifa's animation for me. Hopefully it's been much polished for retail.

Oh i tackled opponent's player chasing a ball from sideway, but no foul :CONFUSE: not even advantage play sign from the ref. While i has this abiati closing down v.persie, jump, and grab the ball from his foot cleanly but Penalty given :YAWN:. This happen once from about 10-13 games i have been playing.

Really enjoying it, especially on manual. I'm pretty happy how I'm playing on manual, just need to practice shooting more.

The speed will be slower in the full release, the demo is a 2 month old build, theres a guy on the fifa forums who has the beta and he said UT is slower than the demo is, and UT is always faster than the main game.

As a matter of fact, either in FIFA or PES, i am enough with this "he says this that"... spesific to perception part of the game e.g. good gameplay, slow/fast speed, build up play, cpu variety etc..

I need to play the game/demo by myself to feel the game :JAY:

Unless they say something like nou camp does not make it in FIFA or PES has boot boost in ML then yes.. i am ok to accept that information is likely to be valid. :P

True in that fifa online is still a great game and with mates IMO.

BTW is pes less repitive in cpu ai for single player season....I have not played pes master league since pes5

In terms of single player I think PES 2013 is way better. You can´t feel that you are playing versus RAYO VALLECANO for example in FIFA 13 because all teams play the same way but, believe me, in PES 2013 if you play with BARCELONA versus ZARAGOZA there´s a difference that is not in FIFA 13 or 12, so its AI is limited for this reason, and therefore, the game play is quite different in every match yopu play.

Back
Top Bottom