FIFA 13

Aha I see, thanks for the elaboration, didn't mean my question to sound like an accusation or such, wasn't aware they'd done a Q&A anywhere, is it available as a complete Q&A to read anywhere?

Yeah I agreed, tweeted a couple of the EA guys earlier but if they already tweaked it since the demo that's good, guess I'll find out a week on Saturday :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaA5PVDWyrM&feature=plcp

Just the video I don't know where they mentioned it as I just listened to the video as I played the demo.

Just good to know things are worked on until the last minute. Unfortunately last year the shooting was less satisfying in the final game, so I hope things aren't throttled back that feel really good in the demo.

For me it's down to common courtesy and respect as the reason I don't go into the PES thread every year trolling a list of negative comments.

Disagreeing with someone isn't trolling :CONFUSE:

People seem to have no clue what trolling is, especially the media who think that personal abuse and harassment equates to trolling.

Trolling = intentionally winding a person or group of people up through use of irony or parody.

If your negative comments were genuine i.e. you really find them to detract from the game then that would not be trolling even if it upset someone's sensibilities about their preferred game.

There was nothing troll worthy about his original post, he simply stated that he found the game boring and listed reasons why, and even noted some positives.

HURRR U DISAGREE MUST BE TROLL is really a terrible aspect of online communities. Although I haven't seen his previous posts so I can't really make an overall judgement, but in this instance I think people are just annoyed that someone dare go against the grain and upset the flow of positive feedback.

Keepers are amazing in this game. The variety of saves is simply astounding. The amount of goal mouth scrambles I've had where the keeper has pulled off two to three saves in a row adds real drama and excitement to this game.

Disagreeing with someone isn't trolling :CONFUSE:

People seem to have no clue what trolling is, especially the media who think that personal abuse and harassment equates to trolling.

Trolling = intentionally winding a person or group of people up through use of irony or parody.

If your negative comments were genuine i.e. you really find them to detract from the game then that would not be trolling even if it upset someone's sensibilities about their preferred game.

There was nothing troll worthy about his original post, he simply stated that he found the game boring and listed reasons why, and even noted some positives.

HURRR U DISAGREE MUST BE TROLL is really a terrible aspect of online communities. Although I haven't seen his previous posts so I can't really make an overall judgement, but in this instance I think people are just annoyed that someone dare go against the grain and upset the flow of positive feedback.
The same person posting the same thing time and time again when its obvious that they "Love" the opposing product is though?

The same person posting the same thing time and time again when its obvious that they "Love" the opposing product is though?

If they are just posting the same list of criticisms over and over again without expanding on them I'd call that shit-posting. Even if they thought they were trolling by doing that it wouldn't be trolling. Trolling is a art.

Keepers are amazing in this game. The variety of saves is simply astounding. The amount of goal mouth scrambles I've had where the keeper has pulled off two to three saves in a row adds real drama and excitement to this game.

Yep I noticed as well they're not amazing in an unreal sense, last night against Arsenal their keeper made two decent saves but neither one was held onto which created a huge amount of panic in the box, in a real way.

Kinda wish people would stop being so positive about the demo, hard to stick to my vow of never playing it again ;)

Yep I noticed as well they're not amazing in an unreal sense, last night against Arsenal their keeper made two decent saves but neither one was held onto which created a huge amount of panic in the box, in a real way.

Kinda wish people would stop being so positive about the demo, hard to stick to my vow of never playing it again ;)

Okay, i'll give you negative comment according to my preference.

1. Still cannot enjoy ball physic when long range shooting and sometimes it bounces like a tennis ball :BYE:

2. Fifa's normal dribbling animation (jogging pace) is indeed taken from advanced motion capture, hence it is realistic. However, it does not give sense of urgency inside box play. So getting past opponent inside/near their box with just normal dribble (left stick) looks and feels dull. But the opposite if we are in our half or middle play.

3. Scrambles inside the box feels dull, also when corner kick.

4. The player animation quality and quantity is good but it feels like rubber toy, elastic. It seems i just don't like their player model.

Fifa 13 could not yet give me solution for above points.

To keep the positive comments flow, i'll just add :

1. CPU goal celebration is not only two people hug anymore
2. Stadium overview before match is graphically good/improved
3. It can be played smoothly on my laptop max setting @720p :P
4. Cameraman out from tunnel now exist, you can check the way he walks outside the tunnel. Not that important but worth checking his walking style :))
5. GK animation and reaction is awesome as usual

Last edited:
its getting the usual slating in the PES forum...the urge to comment is killing me with comments like arcadey, pes is 100 times more real..It never used to be so narrow minded in there..MUST.NOT.BE.LABELLED.A.TROLL

Let them be hitmanuk, the most important thing is that we know what game FIFA can be when you play real footy. ;)

And I highly recommend my sliders. :)

Things that I like are all the things they've worked on and things I don't like are those that remained more less the same as last year - that would be the short version of it.

I haven't played a lot but the improvements are obvious and though subtle, they add up to a nice improvement over the previous title. First touch control is something that FIFA needed for so long. It creates such beautifully organic and unscripted moments that transcend what previous FIFA's could achieve. Great addition overall and I hope it is expanded on in FIFA 14 to end the current console cycle with a great game. Attacking AI is different, more varied, shoots more, tries different ways to reach the goal, exploits obvious mistakes faster and better (losing the ball in dangerous situations). I'm happy with improvements made to the attacking side of things but it should have been followed by more improvement made to the defensive AI. Players on my team still fall to sleep to often while the oposition defenders oscilate wildly from inch perfect to 'momentary lapses of reason'. Too wildly actually and it spoils the fun somewhat. I haven't yet tempered with sliders and I also haven't tried Legendary, but the defensive side of things is still lacking.

I'm loving the amount of interceptions, refreshing to see passes intercepted (that should be) that would go unchallenged before.

its getting the usual slating in the PES forum...the urge to comment is killing me with comments like arcadey, pes is 100 times more real..It never used to be so narrow minded in there..MUST.NOT.BE.LABELLED.A.TROLL

You mean you're not a troll? ;)

J/k.

Haven't downloaded the demo yet. Too busy earlier. I'll get on it now and hopefully it's better than 12.

EDIT: Nope not out on PSN yet.

Last edited:
Have not been able to get the this demo or the second pes demo due to my net going down.

I will only get one game this year and it'll most likely be fifa(unthinkable for me to be doing this). But I enjoyed 12 and career mode is fantastic. I will rent pes 13 tho and give that a good go.

Headers and lob cross anyone?

Yes. I've only seen this touched on in a few posts... but a big improvement in game-play has got to be crossing in general, especially manual crossing. All manual passes seem to have better shape to them, which helps the crosses, and players in the box seem to break away from defenders earlier/at more appropriate times. The combination makes for much more exciting wing play, cutting back inside is no longer always the best option.

Also not yet discussed in depth is the greater effect of team tactics. While not able to see the exact tactical settings for the demo teams, it is clear from the tactical summary that you do get to see (e.g. Dortmund is the only demo team with freeform buildup and attack) how great of an effect the settings can have. Although I'm certainly not ready to say how great the tactics system is based on a few hours with the demo... it is encouraging that without messing with any sliders, there is a much bigger difference in how teams play based on tactics alone. Hopefully, this will mean a lot more variety in CPU play.

They are just depressed because PES hasn't evolved at all and became an arcadey mess.

But don't rise mate....they are missing by ignoring a game just because EA make it. Me - I play whatever best game is. And FIFA is king again this year judging by demos so far...

Real difficulty settings in this game is assistance settings. On fully asissted you only have to worrry about defence, you can pass ball around box forever untill you find an opening. CPU almoust never misplace short passes too.
Wish the assisted passing wouldn't be perfect like on pes5, where player atributes, stronger foot, positioning would matter alot more.
Manual is fun occasionally, but I really don't like the idea of sweating myself all the time with those power gauges. I'd prefer both options at the same time, as on pes2013.

Anyways i think its still great improvement from fifa 12, first playable fifa game after many years to me :) .

Last edited:
Am I imagining that semi seems a bit less automatic?

I know I'm evil for not switching to fully manual, but... I've misplaced way more passes than usual so far. Which I really like.

But I'm wondering if that's down to them altering semi, or just altering the physics and the likelihood of making a mess of things.

Had around 20 matches of the demo and it's improved over last year's demo (that's as far as I got), but there's certain areas like player movement, ball physics and, more deviantly perhaps, the Sky Sports-style integration is a bit too much for me personally. Could see myself being a slave to the news of scores in other matches, picking up the pace or sitting comfy with a 1-1 draw just because Kammy or whoever says a goal has gone in at Molyneux etc.. I do like the keepers, they're really good and the difficulty levels are spot on, unlike the other game. But I'll be getting the other and maybe trying this one again a few months / patches down the line.

And by the way, I hate EA like a wet fart at a posh dinner table, but still play one or two of their games a lot.

They are just depressed because PES hasn't evolved at all and became an arcadey mess.

But don't rise mate....they are missing by ignoring a game just because EA make it. Me - I play whatever best game is. And FIFA is king again this year judging by demos so far...
What kind of nonsense is this? :CONFUSE: And this is helping how? This is more winding up than anything. No more of this please.
Why are you lying? How do you know that i love Pes?:COAT: Even my signature not meaning i love Pes:TTTH: I can show you the same things which i don't like in Pes like in Fifa.

Just stop right there lons. No more of this in here. It's dragged on more than it needs to.

Back to Fifa now.

Btw, I'm not sure if it's already mentioned sorry, but Fifa 13 demo is on the US PSN store and downloading it myself now. If I'm late with this then just ignore me :JAY:

Had around 20 matches of the demo and it's improved over last year's demo (that's as far as I got), but there's certain areas like player movement, ball physics and, more deviantly perhaps, the Sky Sports-style integration is a bit too much for me personally. Could see myself being a slave to the news of scores in other matches, picking up the pace or sitting comfy with a 1-1 draw just because Kammy or whoever says a goal has gone in at Molyneux etc.. I do like the keepers, they're really good and the difficulty levels are spot on, unlike the other game. But I'll be getting the other and maybe trying this one again a few months / patches down the line.

And by the way, I hate EA like a wet fart at a posh dinner table, but still play one or two of their games a lot.

You do know you're allowed to call the "other" game by its real name, right? Why not say its name? Seems a bit weird, it's not Beetlejuice or anything.

Back
Top Bottom