FIFA 13

You lucky PS3 users...

EA SPORTS FIFAVerificeret‏ @EASPORTSFIFA9m
*CONFIRMED* #FIFA13Demo will roll out on the PSN store in Europe from 4pm UK time today (Wednesday 12 September).

Yeah, same. I very rarely hit the target on FIFA 12, but I've had two direct free-kicks in this demo and hit the target both times (both parried).

Also, the AI is able to use the new free-kick system. I saw AI Man City fake a direct free-kick and instead lay it off to Kolorov for a shot.

I have not had a free kick yet outside the area but it is good to hear they have improved the free kicks this time around, but then it was always about finding abit more balance.
FIFA 11 I could score 7/10 free kicks but FIFA 12 I think I only ever scored 2 or 3 goals the whole time I played it.

Anyone else quite enjoying the little skills games prior to kickoff? I could spend quite some time perfecting those. Very clever little addition.

I'm liking the skill games utterly confirming what I can and can't do (and can't get my brain used to). The chipping mini-game, for example (chipping the ball over cardboard boxes to hit one of the targets)... It's either boxes or over the bar for me. Really good fun though.

Nvidia 3D is natively supported by FIFA?

Everything seems to be in 3D that I could see. Obviously Nvidia haven't updated their driver to mention the compatability of FIFA 13 but all games still run in 3D anyway.

I couldn't see anything that stood out as a problem, the 3D effects were fine. Not much depth was my only issue. PES 2012 gives more depth but the player names weren't right and stood out a lot.

Edit: What BSMaff said, basically. Every game runs in 3D, but some games have objects that don't render properly whilst the rest is in 3D. FIFA 13 seemed fine though.

Another thing I noticed, glancing headers are more...... glancy :PP

If you connect with a header quite a bit before the near post, you can glance it towards the goal better.

In Fifa 12, if you connected with a ball quite a bit before the near post, the ball would more or less go 90degrees (no where near the goal) from the player now you can get it on target.

Another good thing to add :DD
How do you connect with headers? I tried LT+RT but rarely do I get into a good position and when I do the defender is forcing me to play it bad.

I'm liking the skill games utterly confirming what I can and can't do (and can't get my brain used to). The chipping mini-game, for example (chipping the ball over cardboard boxes to hit one of the targets)... It's either boxes or over the bar for me. Really good fun though.
I kept gettin that one last night Chris and usually I hit it well over the bar or hit the top of the boxes......

Everything seems to be in 3D that I could see. Obviously Nvidia haven't updated their driver to mention the compatability of FIFA 13 but all games still run in 3D anyway.

I couldn't see anything that stood out as a problem, the 3D effects were fine. Not much depth was my only issue. PES 2012 gives more depth but the player names weren't right and stood out a lot.

Edit: What BSMaff said, basically. Every game runs in 3D, but some games have objects that don't render properly whilst the rest is in 3D. FIFA 13 seemed fine though.

Goto PC building thread, won't ask any questions on here regarding it.

I'm on ATI+SAMSUNG, that's why I asked. I hope it is better than 12 for me then as I found the cursor above controlled player's head to be really annoying in 12.

I kept gettin that one last night Chris and usually I hit it well over the bar or hit the top of the boxes......

I think the best score I got on that one was 1850, which was pretty good, but I can never seem to hit the final targets (3 of them in a row on the goal line).

Enjoying the demo very much so. It offers something different to pes. Its fun as hell! For the first time ever (I think) I can play both fifa and pes this year. Whats not love about it, if you love football.

I've bought the last four FIFA games but I think I'll be giving this a miss. I really like what they've done with the first touch system, that's a really positive move, but I don't see enough over FIFA12 for me personally to warrant another purchase. Horses for courses and all that.

I don't see any difference in the attacking AI. I'm still having to prompt player runs, and when out wide my striker in the middle still legs it out and stands next to me on the wing. For me personally the AI doesn't feel much different to 2012.

But my main beef with the game is how it flows, it just doesn't feel right. One minute I'm struggling to break down the defence, the next all I do is play on pass to the feet of a striker, who is being man marked, turn slowly and lumber through on goal with no opposition as if the game just let me do it. Yet the rest of the game, it's ultra tight marking. Really strange.

My other issue is with the ball physics. I don't see how people are raving about them. When it bounces up at people's feet it's like the ball has helium inside, it's so floaty. And why is it that I can often play a short five-yard pass only to see it float up in the air, leaving the other man to control a high pass near knee level? The ball does that yet on other occasions it can travel like a rocket.

I dunno. It's undeniably a pretty, well presented game but after ten or so matches I just felt like I was playing any generic FIFA title, playing the same game over again so no purchase is likely for me this year.

Really, really enjoying this.

Some stuff still annoys me, players still react too quick to my liking, seems difficult to wrong foot a defender although happens much more often than in FIFA 12. Also, the first touch control is a godsend... makes it a lot more realistic. Also really like the shooting.

This is after like 10 games where I've scored one goal and lost the majority on professional... That one goal though! hahah

Buying both games on release this year then.

What struck me most about this demo was how loose the players felt when playing. It took a while for me to get used to this amount of freedom. Awesome though! Seriously thinking of getting early access.

You can go to Pes 2013 thread and write your opinion about this game. What is a problem?

What is the problem in going to the PES thread any only posting negative feedback/comments? The problem for me is that I know despite my personal feelings there are many people who get a great deal of enjoyment out of PES and for them it's a really great game they associate with and have an affinity for.

For me it's down to common courtesy and respect as the reason I don't go into the PES thread every year trolling a list of negative comments.

Is that fact or conjecture? If fact what has been changed?

Well they said it themselves in that live demo Q&A yesterday that they've improved things since the demo which is as good as saying changing things they're not entirely happy with.

So I guess fact from EA's mouth.

Well they said it themselves in that live demo Q&A yesterday that they've improved things since the demo which is as good as saying changing things they're not entirely happy with.

I've read the demo build is 2 months old and several things have been improved since then. Not sure where I read this, could easily have been on these forums or elsewhere, but I do recall someone claiming the game speed had been reduced for the full game.

I think this demo is too fast lads. That would be my only complaint with it. The games get so hectic its like football on speed!

Just wanted to share my slider settings with you lot. Let me know what you think of them. ;)

My current settings are:
Full manual
World Class
8 minutes (PC time enhancer)
Slow game speed

Slider: User/CPU

Sprint Speed - 40/40
Acceleration - 48/46
Shot Error - 50/62
Pass Error - 50/60
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 58/58
Injury Frequency - 50/50
Injury Severity - 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability - 40/40
Positioning: Marking - 70/70
Positioning: Run Frequency - 70/50
Positioning: Line Height - 48/48
Positioning: Line Length - 40/40
Positioning: Line Width - 40/40
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 50/50
Power Bar - 50/-

Aha I see, thanks for the elaboration, didn't mean my question to sound like an accusation or such, wasn't aware they'd done a Q&A anywhere, is it available as a complete Q&A to read anywhere?

I think this demo is too fast lads. That would be my only complaint with it. The games get so hectic its like football on speed!

Yeah I agreed, tweeted a couple of the EA guys earlier but if they already tweaked it since the demo that's good, guess I'll find out a week on Saturday :)

Back
Top Bottom